72 replies to this topic

Nyx

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,663 posts

Darth Carach

Honestly, I think you'd be better off either building a space station, or stationing them near a planet. If it's the latter, a location sub wouldn't be needed, just make sure the Navy knows 'this is where we all hang out'.

9NtZWOQ.png

yV5gihA.gif

Jairus Starvald

Jairus Starvald

Eidoloclast

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 2,181 posts

The Black Hat

Thank you! I am gonna chat a bit with my partners in crime, and maybe you will find me terrorizing the location section soon. Perhaps. :)

• Nyx likes this

EIn4JJT.gif

Eidoloclast_copy1.png

Korinna Zambrano

Korinna Zambrano

The Nightingale

• Character
  • 31 posts

OS recently invaded Togoria. Official page says Togoria has vast,unused mineral/ore resources, but it does not state which ones. Could I establish a cortosis mine there, with the appropriate development? 

2cqk093.jpg

eePyloS.png7iJWHHx.pngD9nwIR7.pngBbxkFLQ.png

Nyx

Nyx

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,663 posts

Korinna Zambrano

I'm afraid restricted materials can only be mined on planets found in the restricted materials list, over in the factory.

9NtZWOQ.png

yV5gihA.gif

Korinna Zambrano

Korinna Zambrano

The Nightingale

• Character
  • 31 posts

The Black Hat I am aware of this. They can also be mined on several custom planets. I just didn't see how developing such a mine on Togoria is different to developing a mine on a custom planet. None of these cannon/custom planets are nowhere near OS space. 

2cqk093.jpg

Nyx

Nyx

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,663 posts

Korinna Zambrano

The difference lies in canon; there is nothing in canon that suggests Togoria has cortosis, and I'm hesitant to start such a precedent.

Personally, I would simply sub a custom planet with cortosis near OS space and grab it.

9NtZWOQ.png

yV5gihA.gif

Nyx

Nyx

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,663 posts

Korinna Zambrano

Did some more digging (thanks Taeli Raaf), and turns out Obredaan has some cortosis for you, and is in OS space.

9NtZWOQ.png

yV5gihA.gif

Korinna Zambrano

Korinna Zambrano

The Nightingale

• Character
  • 31 posts

The Black Hat Can I make a mine that mines something else, non-restricted? On Togoria. It needs to be on Togoria if possible, lol. Sorry for the hassle. 

2cqk093.jpg

Nyx

Nyx

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,663 posts

Korinna Zambrano

Yup. Feel totally free.

9NtZWOQ.png

yV5gihA.gif

Kami Meran

Kami Meran

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked in to engines

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,500 posts

Could i make a full solar system?

Rekali the Hutt

Rekali the Hutt

Codex the Hutt

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 484 posts

Kami Meran

It's been done before in the planet section, usually with some sparse details about the other(uninhabited) planets here and there throughout the system. If you have multiple habitable planets in the system they'll need to be submitted separately. 

Posted Image

Kami Meran

Kami Meran

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked in to engines

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,500 posts

Rekali the Hutt

i just want to flesh out the Asol system im making for Clan Meran as i just subbed the station and the 2nd of the 3 planets.

thank you for answering.

it only has one technically habitable planet.

Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,364 posts

How are dev threads calculated? What variables are put forward into coming up with how much work needs to go into something?

Rekali the Hutt

Rekali the Hutt

Codex the Hutt

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 484 posts

Carlyle Rausgeber

It's a feel thing. How much effort you put in to crafting a story towards the object/species/location/etc. In general you want at least ten posts, but if you skimp on them your judge'll find out and probably request more development. 

Just write a thread like you would any other and put in some direction towards buildling your submission. The first two hundred posts of the galactic alliance's flagship thread was a fundraiser ball social thread with the entire board invited. Dev threads don't have to be "I hit my hot blade with my hammer and give it shape" for ten posts, just something to show that creating/obtaining thing x is part of your character's story. 

Posted Image

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,975 posts
Carlyle Rausgeber

For a better idea of where and when you are likely to be asked for dev, see our dev thread guide here: http://starwarsrp.ne...base/?p=1359381

xNEESwG.gif

Herr Vanderhing

Herr Vanderhing

Viceroyalty

• Character
  • 504 posts
Can I use a location for an rp before it is approved? It's just a prison. Or can I at least not specify that the prison is the specific location until after it gets approved?

Quietus

Quietus

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,975 posts

Herr Vanderhing

Of course you can. Use of Codex and Factory is not mandatory (until it is/until someone reports you).

Which is to say, you don't have to submit a location to Codex in order to use it. Many people will create a location through their threads and submit it for ease of reference to the Codex later on, using those threads as development. 

xNEESwG.gif

Herr Vanderhing

Herr Vanderhing

Viceroyalty

• Character
  • 504 posts
Ok thank you

Drogh

Drogh

Character

• Character
  • 346 posts

I have a question, would it be possible to build a city within a city? What I mean by that, is that would it be possible for me to describe a certain part of the underworld of Coruscant, that would basically be as large as a city?

Quietus

Quietus

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,975 posts

Drogh

That would be possible on Coruscant, certainly. Coruscant is canonically a city built on top of a city on top of a city, and so forth and so on. The lower levels and even its underground levels span for hundreds of miles.

xNEESwG.gif