Submission Name: Magmasaber
Link to Submission: Magmasaber
Summary of Modification: The lightsaber is being passed down to Ignis Imura, and needs to be updated accordingly. The submission is also updated with the newest Factory Template forum.
Reason for Modification: Change ownership. Update
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- To create a Lightsaber that personifies Morna Imura's ideals and Legacy of the Fire Shapers.
- Later, used and rebuilt by Nickolas as remembrance of his brothers Life, Death, and Legacy.
- Currently to reforge the lightsaber into a new state for that of Ignis Imura, Morna's Son.
- Image Source: Long-handled Lightsaber, Darth Chratis, Image Edited by myself.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: During the Site wipe of 2013, The Magamasaber lost the thread, as well as the submission.
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Morna Imura, Nickolas Imura, Ignis Imura
- Model: Magmasaber - Renamed Eien no honō
- Affiliation: Ignis Imura
- Modularity: Yes
- Production: Unique
- Lava Crystal
- Windu's Guile Crystal
- Classification: Long-handled Lightsaber
- Size: Very Large
- Hilt - 75 cm
- Blade - 150 cm
- Total - 225 cm
- Weight: Heavy
- 1.7 kgs
- Lava Drip
- Very long reach
- Lightsaber: Can cut through just about anything.
- Lava drip: The formation of the lava crystal when used and attuned correctly can cause the blade to have a lapse in the eletromagnetic loop. Thus allowing a small portion of plasma "drip" from the blade. This can be used to be flung at an enemy or when in lightsaber locks, can drip directly upon the enemy.
- Imura's Legacy: Attuned to Morna, Nickolas, and Ignis, The lightsaber crystal has been attuned to various members of the bloodline, and thust can only be used by those who are related by blood. This is only increased through use of the Windu's Guile Lightsaber crystal.
- I can touch you: The hilt of the weapon is a staggering 75 centimeters. The length of the weapon allows superior control, and power when used with two hands, and can also be used offensively as the hilt does have a very small blade upon the end. This allows the user greater power in their swings when used with two hands, better control over their weapon, as well as a reach that can only be bested by a Lightsaber pike.
- Nope!: Lightsabers cannot cut through Phrik, Ultrachrome, Songsteel, and even cortosis. As such, this lightsaber cannot do so as well.
- That's Not a Ligthsaber...: Due to the massive length of the weapon, its best to not use in enclosed spaces or in very tight quarters. To be able to be used effectively with any other form of combat, the user needs to be proficient in Trakata. This will allow the user to shut off the lightsaber, and turn it on at the desired moment. However, this takes a skill and practice that not everyone will know.
- This is a Lightsaber: Even when using Phrik, the weight of the lightsaber is considerably more than your average lightsaber. While lighter compared to other Long-handled versions, it is a little heavier, and beefier. Meaning it's difficult to conceal, or to carry around all the time. It almost requires a sheath due to the size.
- Hydro-sensitive: As like the name suggests, it is owned by a family who prides itself upon the flames and heat. Yet that heat can easily be taken away by water. Should this weapon be submerged in water, it will cease to function.
A lightsaber that was once forged by the hands of Master Fire Shaper Morna Imura, it was forged using Lava crystals that were grabbed barehanded from beneath a lake of lava. The process of forging the lightsaber and the atonement to the Shapers means that it carries the ability to only be used by the Imura Blood line of direct descent. Meaning that Morna, Nickolas, and his children would be able to use the lightsaber.
As per the creation of the Lightsaber, Morna had made the lightsaber to symbolize him as an Adept Fire Shaper at the time. With the ability to drop lava from the blade due to its compressed, and overloaded nature. The power of the lightsaber is pushed out at a higher frequency than what is expected of most sabers due to incorrect calculations of the lightsaber. The Crystal is a little longer than expected, and thus takes up more of the chamber within the Lightsaber housing.
Morna was adept at using swords as his primary weapon. Thus he created the lightsaber hilt to be a little longer than the normal size to allow a better two handed grip upon the lightsaber, as well as to compensate for the larger sized crystal. The lightsaber can still be used in a one handed fashion.
With the attunement from Morna to the lightsaber crystal, the lightsaber can drop lava from the blade. Known to be a very rare occurrence with the crystals. However, Morna had successfully created the lightsaber to create such an effect. While the lightsaber was only usable by Morna at the time, Nick had received the memories and had Morna transfer a portion of his essence into Nick during the Netherworld event. As such, Nick contains a Force signature very closely related to Morna. Allowing him to use the Lightsaber, as well as those who are born from Nick's bloodline, and related directly by blood. However, the further the line goes, the more diluted the blood line will become, and not allow some generations to use of this lightsaber. Thus, only direct descendants, and possibly grandchildren will be able to wield this lightsaber blade.
With the newest generation of the Imura Family being Ignis, Caleo, and Damien Imura, Ignis was passed down this relic of the past to him. While he has modified it for his own use, he added an extension upon the lightsaber so that it can be used with one or both hands to greater proficiency, and be used with lightsaber locks, and combat in mind.