• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Connor Harrison

Connor Harrison

Light. Dark. Balance. Strength.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 11,904 posts
Really enjoyed it myself, and the more I think about how brave it was for all choices made, and how much fun it was like the old B-movie's George Lucas loved in 1977, it stands strong. Ron Howard did a super job.

Tan'yill

Tan'yill

I like rough edges...

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 120 posts

SPOILERS!!!

Alden made for an alright Han Solo! A good resemblence of the original, but the true stars in my opinion was Donald Glover and Paul Bettany. I would have loved to know more about Dryden Voss, why he had those scars and eyes! Loved the train and dejaric sequence and fun little connections to the prequels. The reveal of Darth Maul made my jaw drop to the floor! Now it must be an Obi-Wan story where they duel for the last time!

I also wish Ron Howard would have had directed it as a whole, from start to finish!

Hard to pick if Rogue One or Solo is the better one!

gdfXYlU.gif

Selena Halcyon

Selena Halcyon

Jedi Master

• Character
  • 1,351 posts

So this movie is not doing so well in the box office, which makes sense from a marketing/desire standpoint, but that means that we should encourage people to go see it.The movie is great.It shows that my low expectations were foolishness.I feel like an idiot for doubting it as much as I did.So if you were on the fence go watch it.Seriously.IT is great.

Darth Immortus

Darth Immortus

No Lives Matter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 307 posts

I'm not going to waste time writing a big review for this, but the way I see it Solo suffers from two fundamental problems.

1. Harrison Ford's Han Solo has become so psychologically ingrained that Alden Ehrenreich could never hope to bridge that gap, no matter how good his performance.

2. It's hard to become too emotionally invested in the action when you already know all of the main characters' fates.

These two reasons are what is probably keeping most people away. The movie did a few things right - namely keeping things fairly light-hearted and free from the shackles of weighty emotion for the first half of the movie. Unfortunately, the end of the movie and the introduction of the band of orphan children ruins this. There's a good movie hiding in here somewhere.

There are a lot of issues though, and a few "wtf" moments aside from the aforementioned main problems. There are a lot of pointless characters in this movie. The runtime is too long. There is an implicit sexual relationship between Lando and his droid that is weird, awkward and just plain offputting. Also, the ridiculous notion of social justice for droids is thrown in for good measure. So that's a thing now. Apparently.

I didn't hate Solo as much as I thought I would. It's better than Episode VIII, I'll give it that. But I can't say I particularly loved it either.

2/5 from me.

6902282aacbfc7898a8ed6fee0525677-dcafs2f

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,489 posts

A lot of it has to do with coming only weeks after Avengers and Deadpool 2 which are competing for the same demographic.

http://www.boxoffice...?id=4402&p=.htm

Very soft opening weekend indeed. I just think there was very little buzz for this, it's got only fair reviews and it's only been 5 months since Last Jedi.

Edited by Valiens Nantaris, 27 May 2018 - 05:28 PM.

BBS8Bub.jpg

57wSzTY.png3cFUgUN.png1iYfC3H.pngWJCVATQ.png

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,489 posts

Move all spoilers and reviews to here, please: http://starwarsrp.ne...-story-reviews/

BBS8Bub.jpg

57wSzTY.png3cFUgUN.png1iYfC3H.pngWJCVATQ.png