Company & Workshop Modification Thread
This is where you go when you want to update your company or workshop submission for when you've grown in Tier or just feel like sprucing up your submissions. Simply fill out the template here and then someone will get to it.
If you still have questions, please post them in the Factory Q&A.
Company Expansion and Growing in Tier
Company Expansion and Growing in Tier Details
- You may not advance more than one Tier in a single request. Threads already used for advancement from one tier to the next or made during a previous tier will not count towards a new tier advancement. If your expansion is one lengthy consistent thread, you must specifically provide the applicable unused posts that pertain to that tier up.
- Each linked thread may only be used to fulfill one of the sub-requirements for each tier level. ( IE: No double-dipping the same thread to fulfill a major project and a contract.)
- Every additional new Location & Operation or Headquarters change requested through the Company Modification Thread will require proof of expansion.
- Each expansion in Tier level will require Passive and Active Expansion Thread Objectives. These threads involve providing your company's specialty products or services. Examples are below and not all encompassing.
Passive Company Expansion Objectives
- Attend or host an economic summit
- Defend your company, another company, or a faction from a hostile attack
- Invest in another company or faction
- Train your company's personnel
- Draw up or steal schematics for a new product
- Draw up deals with another corporation or faction
- Provide philanthropic donations, fundraising, or contributions
- Make three mass-produced products in the Factory. (For Tier 2+ and equals to one passive company expansion)
- Make three company operations specific submissions in the Codex. (For Tier 2+ and equals to one passive company expansion)
Active Company Expansion Objectives
- Establish another operation for your company
- Establish a sphere of influence on a planet or in a sector
- Establish or help establish a colony
- Establish or help establish a new location
- Participate in a planet's colonization
- Recruit personnel into your company
- Secure investors for your company
- Train another company or faction's personnel
- Each Expansion to Tier 4 and up will require a Major Project.
The definition of a 'Major Project' is to create, produce, or service something that would have a sizable impact on the growth of your company. If said project sways the outcome of something during a galactic event or on a grand scale, more kudos to you. The production, possession or the service of the project must be the thread or threads major focal point. Projects may be done in a single thread or a series of threads. Only the posts in Dominions and invasions that pertain to the actual project will count for the major project.
- Expansion to Tier 5 and up will require a sponsorship.
Sponsorship is essentially when a sufficiently large major faction or a Tier 6 Company decides to back your company's endeavors specifically. This can either be by them giving you a large, direct annual subsidy, signing a long-term contract, and other things that would tie the government of that faction or that conglomerate and your company close together. This may also be supplemented by a substantial expansion of your company in another way.
Company Tier Upgrade Requirements
Use the following for your company Tier Up requests. Select the Tier Up template requirements in the spoiler below for the level you desire and fill in the information therein.
Workshop Expansion and Growing in Tier
- Your character endures great personal sacrifice to learn from the legacy of a past master in their field;
- Your character defends their Workshop against near-impossible odds;
- In desperate circumstances, your character must use their specialty to improvise a solution using extremely insufficient/unsuitable resources.
Workshop Tier Upgrade Templates
Use the following for your workshop Tier Up requests. Select the Tier Up template requirements in the spoiler below for the level you desire and fill in the information therein.
Company / Workshop: (What company is being changed?) (Also, link the company or workshop submission here.)
Modification Made: (What are you changing? If you are merging companies, we need the submission link for those companies. Detail all changes here. Every additional new Location & Operation or Headquarters change requested through the Company Modification Thread will require proof of expansion. Add in the FULL name of the thread. These are required for all Tier up requests, HQ's changes, New Locations, New Operations, Changing Operations, merging of companies, etc. For full details, please see the Company Rules or as in the Factory Q&A.] - )
Tier Up: What level are your tiering up to and add in the appropriate Tier Up Template
Adding Operations: If you are adding an operation, list the operation and the expansion thread.
Adding Locations: If you are adding a location, list the location and the expansion mission. ( Missions also include Codex Submissions)
Changing Headquarters: If you are changing headquarters, list the new HQ location and the expansion thread.
Other: Any other changes and if required, the appropriate expansion thread.
Rationale: (Why are you doing this?)
[Please spoiler the full modified submission here.]
Edited by Jamie Pyne, 22 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.