OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a robust and flexible training droid for Sith / Jedi / NFU's.
- Image Source: Here.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Sith Training Droid │
- Manufacturer: Blackwell Industries & Aegis Systems
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: TD-21 "Misini" Class Training Droid
- Modularity: N/A
- Material: Durasteel Frame / Plates
- Classification: IV
- Weight: 65.7kg
- Height: 1.82m
- Movement: Bipedal
- Misc. Equipment:
- Training Module
- Information On:
- Body Zones
- The Three Rings of Defense
- Marks of Contact
- Ready Stances
- Moves & Maneuvers
- Form Specific Maneuvers
- Twin Suns
- Faalo's Cadences
- Trial of Skill
- Lightsaber Forms
- Form I: Shii-Cho
- Form II: Makashi
- Form III: Soresu
- Form IV: Ataru
- Form V: Shien / Djem So
- Form VI: Niman
- Form VII: Juyo / Vaapad
- Three Forms: Strong Style / Medium Style / Fast Style
- Unorthodox/Hybrid Forms: Sokan / Jar'Kai / Trakata
- Unarmed Combat
- Teras Kasi
- Prismatic Self Defense
- Traditional Boxing
- Information On:
- Robotic Battlemaster -
- More than anything, the purpose of the droid is to teach an extremely comprehensive understanding of light saber forms and stances to all ages and skill levels of force users, with many non force users fully able to take advantage of the well rounded learning plan instituted by the droids. With such an in-depth understanding of melee forms, the droids adjusts its difficulty at a prime level to push the user to their limits whenever possible, while not completely overwhelming them. It is this deeply rooted tutoring program that stops the droids from being excessively dangerous, or even lethal, though some causalities have been known to happen when in a manual override mode.
- Non-Lethal -
- The droid in no sense is meant for actual combat, it is simply not built for the harsh reality of a battlefield. Surely the droid is certainly able to attack someone, but there are distinct limitations in its operating system to stop any intentional causalities. This means that utilizing the droid as some form of security would be useless, without somehow altering its very foundational programming; and even then it simply doesn't have the construction quality to be considered ready for war in any measure. A lack of Ion protection, no dedicated dust prevention measures, the very basics of power consumption technologies, all add to make the droid suitable for the training room in one's personal backyard and no more.
- Skill Ceiling -
- Despite the droid's excessive knowledge, there is a distinct limitation in its ability to stand. No matter how fast the servo-motors push the droid, and no matter how well versed it is in the various forms of combat, the droid simply cannot stand up to the apex of Masters; meaning that any Sith Lord or Jedi Battlemaster may find the droid lack luster despite its intended purpose. The droid can help to maintain that skill level, but to say it can push someone beyond their already extraordinary limitations would be silly.
Through the combined efforts of Blackwell Industries and Aegis Systems, the hopeful pinnacle of training droids was developed; crafting through their combined means a droid capable of teaching most aspects of lightsaber combat at an accelerated rate without the taxing use of slaves, or even the time of Master’s. This helps to ensure the very nature of the droid’s expedited combat training for the many in the galaxy, with no innate restriction on Jedi, Sith, or Non-Force User.
Originally designed as a protection droid on par with the likes of the aging Magna-Guard, it was quickly figured that through a more dedicated effort Blackwell Industries could fill a more niche market in training droids for the galaxy; as the ‘personal protection’ droid market had become more and more saturated through innumerable companies. Turning its ‘Fringe Technology’ department to tackle the issue, the first steps were taken to create a droid capable of teaching someone to master melee combat.
Interviews were done on innumerable sections of the galaxy, paying for the expertise of retired Jedi, willing Sith, and even Echani Masters; each set up with motion capture devices to accurately match their moves in a synthetic environment. This was by far the most time consuming process, and the most expensive, and many of the secrets regarding these techniques cost the company hundreds of thousand of credits, pushing well past a million in some cases just to collect everything required.
What truly saved the company was getting much of the lightsaber forms and more from an unknown donation following a raid on a Lucrehulk in the Unknown Regions. It was this specifically that allowed the project to be completed within budget, through the secondary concern was the company's lack of knowledge in advanced robotics.
In this, a consultant was hired from Aegis Systems, a well known and respected robotics company also situated in the Outer Rim. Discussing this with them, they helped to design the droid for prolonged combat in controlled environments for the sake of all those interested. They added a number of features not previously considered, including the extremely adaptable training protocol that truly keeps the droid as an outlier when compared to more traditional training droids.
Aegis helped add things such as the heuristic processor to actively monitor and learn the current skill level of the trainee in question, even establishing numerous profiles for the sake sectionalizing that information to stop the chance of an acolyte accidently ending up the training regime of his extremely well versed Master. In addition, a personality matrix was added to help teach the users information, either through direct hands on training, or through the discussion of forms and target locations, something helped to be achieved by discussing result-oriented techniques from dedicated tutoring firms from the Core.
Still, while the droid has numerous features that help to set it apart, it’s extremely expensive knowledge and set up forced the very nature of the droid to be restricted to those who could afford one. The excessively high cost and relatively low grade materials used in its construction forced the droid to be used exclusively in controlled environments, and not the traditional warfare one might hope the droids would be good for.
In addition, while the droid is capable of elevating padawans and knights up to their peak; the droid does have a limit to where it can teach someone. Even overclocked, with illegal modifications, the droid simply will not be able to stand up to the apex of sword masters; most notably because the Force Users expertising in these forms have far faster reactions, prediction methods, and can overpower the likes of even the droid. It simply cannot teach a master any more than they know, but can help to maintain that knowledge should they wish.
Last, the droid is completely unable of teaching the user the important art of ‘Hybrid’ combat; meaning it cannot teach a knight how to mix a telekinetic strike into the middle of a lightsaber cadence no matter how much one might wish to learn such. There simply is no way for the droid to replicate the power of the force, and as such requires field training for the knight or trainee to actually understand how to effectively perform such an art.
Overall, the “Misini” Training Droid is one that is highly sought after by every dedicated section of the galaxy’s force sensitives, partially because it fills a market niche that has been rarely touched, and it does so to an excessively well level. With few to compare the droid to, it has pre-orders already committed in places like Barbato’s training academy, and numerous other sources. It is a droid that teaches, but does not kill, and it is excessively well versed in all that it does.