OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To make a large, powerful anti-infantry robot meant to replace ground artillery.
- Image Source: KissPNG
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Soldier Robot - TF2
- Manufacturer: Outer Rim Military Engineering
- Affiliation: Sixth Fleet
- Model: Megablaster Robot War Machine
- Modularity: N/A
- Material: Titanium frame, agrinium chest, leg, arm & head plating
- Classification: Fourth Degree
- Weight: 8,000 kg
- Height: 4.8 meters
- Movement: Bipedal
- Armaments: Upscaled rocket launchers
- Misc. Equipment: N/A
- Battery - In the very center of the Megablaster robot, surrounded on all sides by thick armor, lies the massive battery that fuels the Megablaster. It can sustain the robot for five to twenty-five hours depending on how much exertion it performs. When the battery is empty, a portion of its back can be opened through a small combination lock and the battery can be recharged outside the Megablaster.
- Giant Metal Man - Each Megablaster is shaped to resemble a large, well-built human, consequently becoming a terrifying presence on the battlefield. A Megablaster is as much of a physiological threat as it is a physical threat, especially against smaller or less advanced species.
- Human Actions - Being roughly humanoid, Megablasters can enjoy a level of adaptability far above that of their vehicular counterparts. While not being quite as strong as Megagunner Robots, Megablasters are capable of lifting up very large objects and hurling them at enemies. Additionally, Megablasters can evade fire easier and move faster than Megagunners with their smaller, lighter bodies.
- Bulletproof - The Megablaster is completely covered in very thick armor, only surpassed by the armor of Megagunners. A Megablaster is completely immune to small-arms fire, and highly resistant to ion grenades. However, an anti-tank rocket to the head or four to the body are enough to destroy or incapacitate a Megablaster. Heavier armaments found on tanks, walkers, forts, and capital ships can typically kill a Megablaster in two or less shots in any area of the body.
- Giant Rocket Rain - Megablasters wield rocket launchers two to five times larger than infantry issue rocket launchers, which can inflict horrific damage on grouped enemies. Their penetration is much better than that of Megagunners, allowing them to eliminate large tanks and walkers with ease. Additionally, they fire twice as fast as any human with a rocket launcher, creating an indefinite barrage of rockets.
- Artillery - One of the greatest differences between Megablasters and the other two products of the Robot War Machine Project is its significantly increased sight range, firing range, and accuracy. A Megablaster can detect a hostile force from up to a kilometer away, and when standing still, fire with 90-95% accuracy on an enemy who is moving predictably. Additionally, damage falloff will not become a factor for the Megablaster's giant rockets until they have traveled approximately one and a half kilometers.
- Target Priority - The Megablaster will always target the largest enemy, followed by the one closest to it. Consequently, a light tank with a skilled driver can effectively distract a Megablaster for multiple minutes.
- Giant Metal Man - The Megablaster's size makes it an extremely obvious target to tanks and artillery. While smaller than the Megagunner and capable of firing at longer ranges, the Megablaster is still a massive robot and often within range of enemy heavy armaments.
- Superconductor - A giant plate of metal and wires, the Megablaster's ultimate bane is an ion cannon emplacement. Even a tripod ion cannon can be enough to hinder a Megablaster significantly, slowing it to a standstill and disabling its targeting system with enough pressure.
- Artillery - Unlike the Megagunner, the Megablaster's effectiveness is severely reduced at close range. In closer ranges, the Megablaster's targeting system becomes very stressed and fires with significantly reduced accuracy, often leading to friendly fire.
- Self-Explosions - The Megablaster is extremely vulnerable to its own rocket launcher, and can be quickly destroyed if it fires on a target within three meters of itself. Another effective method to destroy a Megablaster is to go right under one, while leading a second Megablaster to fire in the path of the first, resulting in at least one Megablaster being destroyed.
The Megablaster is the second product of the Robot War Machine Project.
The project was started by Rick Kaloo with the intent of replacing most armored vehicles with giant humanoid robots outfitted with massive weapons. Three models were experimented with nearly immediately after the project started - one with a giant minigun, one with a colossal rocket launcher, and one with a huge grenade launcher. The robot designs would each be centralized around their weapons, being well-suited to specifically wield their chosen weapon.
The rocket launcher design was perhaps the most unique of the three. It was the smallest of the three robots, while having a sight and firing range significantly larger than than the two. However, the rocket launcher robot fell behind the other two robots in armor, rate of fire (even excluding the minigun) and battery life. While the minigun and grenade launchers are intended to be frontline brawlers, the rocket launcher robot is more of a long range heavy support unit, similar to the artillery it was built to replace.
The rocket launcher robot was fitted with a rocket launcher with a four-rocket clip, which it fires very rapidly. The robot has multiple armored belt magazines containing an additional fourty rockets.
Less than a month after the Megagunner, the Megablaster entered private production.