Weapon Mounted Predator Sensor
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent | To create an advanced sensor suite that assists Imperial Legionnaires better combat enemy forces in low visibility/close-quarter environments.
- Image Source | Source - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Canon Link | N/A
- Primary Source | N/A
- Manufacturer | Sith Imperial Research and Development
- Affiliation | Closed-Market - The Sith Empire
- Model | IL-XV9 'Predator' Sensor
- Modularity | Yes - Weapon Mounted/HUD System/Wrist Mounted Device
- Production | Mass-Produced
- Material | Reinforced Duraplast / Electronics
- Heartbeat Sensor
- Thermal Vision
- [ Urban Wall Hacks ] - The Predator Sensor excels in urban combat, providing critical information of potential hostile contacts hidden behind doors and corners.
- [ Nowhere to Hide ] - Cloaked enemies are unable to escape the Predator's sight, as it will highlight heartbeats and reveal them once they come into range. The frequency of pings on the scanner correlates to the frequency of heartbeats from targets. Higher heart rates result in more frequent and accurate positions while lower heart rates result in less frequent pings and less accurate positions.
- [ Jungle Environments ] - While built and designed to help in virtually all environments, the Predator Sensor's ability to identify organisms in environments such as rain forests and jungles is greatly hindered as local wildlife can wreak havoc on ones ability to discern an enemy from an animal.
- [ Short Range ] - The Predator's advantage of being able to spot potential hostiles in close quarters is outweighed by the fact that it is a short range sensor that has an effective range of 10 meters.
- [ Stay Frosty ] - Since the Predator relies on high heart rates to provide accurate data, an individual who is capable of lowering their heart rate and keeping it low while on the move will make it difficult to keep track of them.
The IL-XV9 'Predator' Sensor is a line of military sensors to be used by infantry in The Sith Empire's Legion. It is compatible with all systems and weapons used by the Imperial Legion in several forms. A weapon mount version can be attached to the side of a weapon that can provide information while a weapon is raised. A wrist-mounted variant allows the same information to be displayed while still being able to hold up smaller weapons/sidearms. The final variant is installed into advanced helmet systems and displays information in an internal HUD sensor and will highlight hearbeats and lifeforms through terrain and obstructions as they come into range.
The Predator was designed to excel in close quarter, urban environments where line of sight is typically obstructed especially behind doors and around corners. The ability to detect is outweighed by its short range, but makes up for it with its portability and ease of use. The data is provided based on a system similar to sonar. Higher heart rates will ping the location of the individual more frequently and provide an accurate position.