OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a air to water vehicle to carry and deploy a submersible and tow floating facilities.
- Image Source: Both Here.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Albatross Submersible
- Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Model: Air to Water Carrier
- Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Modularity: Parts and weapons are replaceable.
- Material: Durasteel (Hull Structure), Quadranium (Hull Plating) and Transparisteel (Viewports)
- Classification: Air to Water Gunship Carrier
- Role: Gunship Carrier
- Size: Extreme
- Weight: Extreme
- Minimum Crew: 0
- Optimal Crew: 20,000
- Propulsion: Repulsorlift or Thrusters via Ion Engines
- Speed: Very Slow
Air: 100 km/hr
Water: 50 km/hr
- Maneuverability: Low
- Armaments: High
- Hypervelocity Cannon (4) [One emplacement per topside of each thruster/repulsorlift branch]
- Flak Cannons (50) [25 along each side of the underside]
- Defenses: Average
- Military Grade Deflector Shield
- Military Grade Particle Shield
- Squadron Count: None: 1
- Passenger Capacity: 10,000 (B1) or 5,000 (B2) war droids or 5,000 organics
- Cargo Capacity: Large - Excluding deployable submersible
Repulsor Lift Engines
Advanced Droid Brain
Radar Locating Systems
- Equipped with a landing strip on which a corvette or a number of fighters could land and redeploy.
- Equipped with military grade shields for defense against starfighters and offenses.
- Houses and can deploy a Albatross-Class Submersible Carrier.
- Due to incorporation of a droid brain it can operate via automation rather than requiring a full scale crew; though this is reserved for low personnel emergencies.
- Due to it's purpose and size it is extremely slow in both water and air.
- If the water is choppy it will be difficult for anything to land on it, let alone the cannons finding their mark.
- While it possesses the armament and shielding to act as a space vessel it is NOT a vessel built for space due to it's exposed topside.
- While the vehicle is capable of towing immobile structures across water surfaces there is a chance that the cables could snap.
- Should it operate via automation from the droid brain ion and emp damage become even more severe of a threat.
This air to water carrier is a work of splendid function wrapped in simplicity. This vehicle was designed, specifically, to tow the CIS Aqua Base since it lacks it own locomotive capabilities. Seeing the opportunity to give it a dual purpose it was also made to house and deploy a 900 meter submersible. It has been described as ‘unmercifully’ slow but it is durable enough to withstand enemy attacks, for the most part, long enough to accomplish desired goals. Much like the watery fortress that it was created to haul around, it can be considered an eyesore, but aesthetics were not truly thought of at the time of construction. The tow cable is retractable and durable with every aspect of the weight it will be enduring kept in mind during the creation process, but, few things in life are perfect and it is possible that it could break.