H A L C Y O N | S T O R M
Co-Author: John Locke
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions [Sept 2018]:
- 1.) Not Naked & Maybe Afraid [CIS Dominion of Rishi | Z-47]
- 2.) Hyporian Nights [CIS Dominion of Hypori] | X-49]
- 3.) Voided Check~CIS Dominion of Void Station
Primary Source: N/A
Model: Defiant-Class Star Dreadnought
- Reinforced Durasteel (Frame)
- Damage Reduction Armor (Hull), Matrix Armor (Hull), Turadium (Hull), Impervium (Hull), Reinforced Duraplast (Hull)
- Reinforced Duraplast (Interior)
- Transparisteel (Viewport)
Classification: Dreadnaught [Super Star Destroyer]
Length: 10,000 Meters
Width: 1,214 Meters
Height: 1,322 Meters
- Project Garuda | SI-001 Solar Ionization Cannon x1
- Aurora Tempestas x4
- EDC Mk.2 Deck Cannon
- ETX.2 Superheavy Turbolaser
- EKC-10 Mass Driver Cannon
- EIX.1 Ion Cannon
- ET-6 Turbolaser Battery
- Lightstorm Turbolaser Battery
- Null-Burst Projector
- Flex Tube Proton Torpedo Launcher
Defenses: Very High
External Defenses [Armor and Shielding]
- Duban Shield System
- Eidolon-class Modulating Energy Shield [Permission from Laira Darkhold to Yoink]
- Loki EWAR System
- Talaria System
Internal Defenses [Droids, Etc…]
- JK-13 Security Droids [Non-Lethal/Stun for Low-Level Threats]
- B-1 Battledroids
- B-2 Super Battle Droid
- B3 Ultra Battle Droid Mk. II
- IG-100 Mk. II Series Magnaguard
- Laser Grid
- Micro-Repulsors seeded through the floor
- 39 Squadrons
- Info (Fighter): 14 Squadrons
- Info (Support): 25 Squadrons
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Low
Hyperdrive Class: Average
- Hyperdrive speed 1.0
Crew Divison [Approximates]:
- 50% Organic [Note: There are both SJO and CIS Crew on board.]
- 50% Inorganic [Droid]
- Droid Brain Automation Systems
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Targeting Systems
- Standard Sensory Array
- Life Form Sensor
- HoloNet Transceiver
- Encryption Network
- Meditation Chamber
- Grand Meeting Hall
- Detention Cells
- Escape Pods
- Distress Beacon
- Tractor Beams
- Relief Kits [Storage]
- Medical Droids
- Protocol Droids
- VR Training Deck
- Hospital Deck [Sick Bay/Infirmary/Bacta Tanks]
- Hydroponics & Green Living Deck [Closed Ecological System + Gardens + Farming]
- Research and Development Deck [Fully equipped laboratories and testing ranges.]
- Emergency Armory Stations [Placed throughout the ship. Easy access to weapons and armor in the event of a crisis—Hidden neatly in the walls.]
- Drop Pods - Organics [MPMU Drop Pod]
- Drop Pods - Droids [Meteor-Class Droid Dispenser]
- Dovin Basal Disruptor
- CS/BW-01 "Claptrap" Worker Droid [Labor/Upkeep Units]
- A1 Animal Droid [Limited Amount-Companions for Long Journeys]
- Freedom Wing Speederbikes [Limited Amount-for Planetary Exploration]
- Metal Maelstrom: The Halcyon Storm’s weaponry is heavily based on railgun technology, giving the ship the ability to throw a scary amount of metal at its enemies. It allows this lovely lady a distinct advantage in a galaxy full of turbolasers and energy defenses.
- Hospital Ship: The CIS, despite loading the ship with weaponry, always remembers that the primary function of the Silver Jedi focuses on healing over causing harm. With this in mind, there is an entire deck devoted to the treatment of a wide variety of lifeforms, specializing in an equally wide variety of ailments. The organic staff are chosen from among the most knowledgeable practitioners available from SJO/CIS territory and tend to rotate out every few months to keep their ideas fresh. They have the most advanced medical treatments available to both nations and focus on all aspects of physical and mental health. This can range from natural causes of illness to unnatural.
- Green Living: This SSD features a fully self-sustaining ecosystem that aids in providing the most advanced and natural life support possible during long journeys or extended stays. There is an entire deck dedicated to providing a beautiful space for relaxation, comprised of rare flowers, and trees that boost not only oxygen production—But mental health. There are redundancies in place to ensure the well-being of those on the ship in case the "Green" way becomes compromised, such as, typical life support systems.
There are many features utilized here to make the crew and staff feel more at home. This can be seen in holo-projectors that are utilized to make passengers feel as if they have an open sky above their heads instead of metal. There are turbines to create a breeze. Pools of water, greenery, benches, and picnic areas, and designated areas for orchards. Fresh produce is important when the ship tends not to leave it's designated route very often. The use of artificial sunlight keeps the plantlife alive and provides light therapy to those who live and work on the ship. This area serves the dual purpose of providing enjoyment and the practical application of recycling.
Since the main purpose of this area is to maintain hundreds, to thousands of lifeforms, waste products such as carbon dioxide, feces, and urine are converted safely and painlessly into oxygen, food, and water. Scientists are constantly running calculations to ensure that there are ample resources for all aboard.
- Aurora Borealis: The Halcyon Storm is equipped with a newly made weapon from Locke and Key Mechanics. It is the first ship to utilize this technology, and with successful results, will likely be the example so it can be added to other models. This weapon lacks destructive power, however, with this unique unit the SSD can effectively send a magnetic field across an enemy ship in an attempt to disable, overload, or interrupt weapon systems. If successful, the target could find themselves in a very difficult, and deeply, vulnerable position.
[Note: As stated in the submission this feature is designed to affect only the weapons on a ship which are always exposed. However, if the defending writer wants to write more systems being affected that is their choice. However, systems like life support and engines are generally too deep within the ship to be affected. The larger the target ship is the more diminishing the returns are.]
- Protective Shell: The ship will typically follow a flight plan on the edge of Silver Jedi territory. The Halcyon is not designed to initiate engagements, however, it is designed to defend against them and act as an early warning system. The crew should anticipate potential threats since the majority of the operation is close to hostile territory. With this in mind, there is a variety of shielding, and quite a few armaments designed to give it more than just a fighting chance in combat.
These protections do not only stem from obvious weaponry and defenses, but, the litany of internal security measures as well. There are laser grids protecting sensitive areas and a variety of cyber-security systems in play to keep slicers from getting any big ideas. There are also JK-13 Droids hidden in the walls of the ship in the event of boarding, or, if unauthorized personnel are detected. While these spider-like droids intrinsically cannot kill, they can stun, and could subdue an enemy. This method is preferable to the Silver Jedi.
If that method proves unsuccessful there are Emergency Armory Stations at several crucial locations, also, hidden within the walls of the ship. There, passengers can find weapons, armor, rations, and even back access to emergency communication channels if the main system should become compromised.
If all else fails the Confederacy has provided a sufficient selection of droids that can be deployed.
- Chronic Ataxia: In many ways, the Halcyon Storm is superior to some of the sister ships that Confederacy has designed, but speed and coordination is not one of them. The ship has plenty of thrusters but they can only do so much to mitigate the sheer weight of this vessel. The path that it takes is dangerous and most assuredly made worse because of how ponderous the Halcyon moves. It is not only achingly slow in velocity, but, turns quite sluggishly as well. This is especially evident in combat scenarios.
- You Have No Friends: Due to prioritizing other necessities this vessel is lacking in available hangar capacity. Rather than to fill it with fighters and ships the space was allocated to the "Green Deck" and also to the "Hospital Deck" to provide more support for those sections. Due to the size of the ship and the lack of anti-fighter defenses as well as a lack of point defense, the Halcyon is vulnerable to attacks from swarms of smaller craft.
- Collateral Damage: This ship will often have patients in need of critical care and civilians on board for several reasons. It follows strict navigational coordinates along the edge of Silver Jedi territory and often picks up groups that have been injured, stranded, or otherwise left in need. With recent raids on Silver space increasing in a rather barren area, a "No Man's Land" so-to-speak, between nations, there are more and more survivors being picked up every day.
This leaves the Halcyon with a plethora of individuals that could easily be targeted. People that should be protected, or safe, could easily be made victims if enemy forces made their way inside the ship.
The fact that this SSD takes in wandering and lost souls, despite identity verification, poses a significant security risk. It would be relatively simple to feign an emergency and thus gain access to the ship.
- Blind Duchess: Like many vessels of this size the Halcyon suffers from a lack of awareness when it comes to the rear portion of the ship. This fair SSD has a mighty backside, but, she can't really see it. Since she has no friends [please see above] she does not always have the luxury of knowing that an enemy is trying to creep up behind her. Thusly, her engines are exposed.
- Solar Burn: As powerful as the Solar Ionization cannon can be it is not without steady drawbacks. It definitely takes time for the weapon to spin up, even more than it usually would on other ships, because the crew is half organic. The precision required to ready this weapon between attacks cannot be achieved properly by any vessel that is not exclusively crewed by droids. [On a good day the crew is split about 50/50.]
All other weaknesses of this weapon are still observed as they are written. Especially, those which pertain to the potential of friendly fire.
The whole of the galaxy stands in a constant state of flux. There have been moments in recent history that show the strong dichotomy between the light, the dark, and everything else in-between. The CIS is a well-oiled machine, built on expansion, and a fast-paced drive that often leads to heavy-handed responses. They typically attack first and ask questions later with a distinctive motto that revolves around eradicating their enemies in the most brutally efficient way possible. The SJO are quite the opposite. Their humanitarian efforts, peaceful crusades, and endless endeavors to right wrongs and triumph over evil are a tribute to general society.
The governing body of the Confederacy is aware of this. They are more than aware of the fact that while they react with a sword, the Silver Jedi, would prefer to respond with negotiation and perhaps even amicable resolution. But, while this is their stance, it is of the opinion of the Viceroyalty that it leaves their closest ally, too often, unprotected, and at the mercy of those who would wish them harm.
This cannot stand. Most recently, during the events on Umbara, the Confederacy found that the largest hurdle in their way was not inherent differences about alignment between their people but a simple matter of distance. Geonosis is fairly far away from the edges of Silver Space and in the hours after the massacre began, most charged with safeguarding their ally, felt that gap acutely.
By the time Srina Talon and Adron Malvern arrived with reinforcements the majority of the altercation seemed to be winding down. The invading, malevolent forces, had done all the damage that they intended to do to that particular world and disappeared to destinations unknown. Perhaps, if the Confederacy were closer, they might have been able to reduce some of the losses. This realization prompted the Exarchs to approach the Vicelord, Darth Metus, with a viable solution.
At first, the shrewd pair suggested a space station. Then an embassy, if, the Jedi would allow them to settle on one of their worlds. There were concerns of encroachment and of becoming a drain in the populace. That idea was placed to the wayside. Finally, it was decided that a self-sustaining Super Star Destroyer would be planned and brought to fruition as soon as possible—Pending approval from their allies.
Before the idea of a mobile Confederate Unit could be brought to the Silver Assembly for consideration, disaster struck again, this time, on the Planet of H'ratth, and at the heart of a peaceful Jedi Temple. News of the attack spread wide and fast.
The Confederacy was not amused.
Thusly, after the Core Imperial Confederation was subsequently attacked, by the same group, a Summit between the Confederacy and her Allies was arranged. There were many topics to go over, yet, as the conditions of the Super Star Destroyer had already been discussed prior to the engagement...It would formally be announced at that venue. In the same discussion, a place among the worlds of the Confederacy would also be offered to the Silver Jedi. It was only fair.
Any nation could view the deployment of a 10kilometer Destroyer as an act of aggression. An act of war. The Confederacy endeavored to leave the Silver Jedi without any sense of confusion. There is only one purpose for the Halcyon Storm. Not to harm their allies, their brothers and sisters, but to provide a layer of protection.
What affected one of them—Affected them all.
Since the Summit the construction of the Halcyon Storm has been debated upon by the greatest minds the Confederacy and the Silver Jedi have to offer. Most pieces of the unit were custom made, requiring long, laborious hours of work and weeks of sleepless nights. Creation began within Confederate Shipyards, such as those on Druckenwell, with the aid of Valnora Enterprises, but, it was kept in small transportable parts.
Once everything was ready to go, almost like a jigsaw puzzle, multiple cargo carriers left Confederate space and traveled all the way to Korpil G62, located, within the Roche Asteroid Field. From here, under the direction of John Locke, the SSD was assembled to accommodate many of the integral systems that were provided by Locke and Key Mechanics. Even though the components of the Halcyon Storm could be considered "plug and play" there were still quite a few hiccups that needed to be sorted due to the partial construction.
Regardless, through hard work, and no small amount of good-natured bribes to ensure that the Vicelord didn't bring his Exarch's to visit his investment too early—Everything eventually fell into place. The massive undertaking had a completion date in sight and all involved were able to breathe a little easier. Tentatively, John Locke informed the Confederacy of his expected timetable and consistently kept the Silver Assembly up to date. The Halcyon Storm was as complete, dangerous, and beautiful.
As both nations are well-known for their social gatherings, the pair of galactic powers, decided that an unveiling would serve their people. A sign to the Confederacy that their friendship remained strong, and a sign to the Silvers, that no matter the difficulty, nor the enemy, they would never be forgotten.