OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Personal star-cruiser for @Karlie Lynn Destat to be used in role plays.
- Image Source: image 1 image 2 image 3
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source:N/A
- Manufacturer: Aegis Coorporation
- Model:v Castan LCX-L3 (L3 for light Armament)
- Affiliation: @Karlie Lynn Destat Faction Name: Confederacy of Independent Systems Unique in design as it were made for diplomatic missions, rather than a fighter.
- Material:Composition of various metals. Interior frame structure is durasteel. Exterior is combination of ferrocarbon enhanced durasteel and cortosis infused durasteel, and durraglass (canopy). Interior living quarters are standard composites and lightweight alloys.
- Classification: This version is more a small star-cruiser than a fighter.
- Length: 30 meters
- Width: 15 meters wing tip to wing tip
- Height: 7 meters, total height of radial-rear stabilizer
- Armament: Low
- Defenses: Moderate
- Squadron Count: Very Low
- Maneuverability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: Very High
- Hyperdrive Class: 0.3
- Luxury cabin for 2, with 4 smaller 6-square meter size cabins, mid-ship.
- Small galley and refresher behind cabin.
- Canopy can darken and lighten.
- Aperture type wall can be activated between canopy and cabin when seats are retracted.
- 4 laser cannons in forward wing tips as pictured (limited use, see weakness).
- 4 x2 person escape pods located under and over the forward canard panels as pictured (top panels pictured).
- Shield generator helps protect craft from moderate fire. (limit on shield, see weakness)
- Long range communications
- Complete full HUD display
- Long range sensor array
- Made for fast jumps and getaways.
- Not a fighter, but has strafe capabilities on ground personnel and light armored vehicles/transports.
- High atmospheric maneuverability due to its large radial rear stabilizer.
- Aerodynamics and construction enables the LCX-L3 to easily exceed mach-10 in atmophere.
- Speed sacrifices armament. When pushed, all armaments and shield power is reverted to drives.
- In atmospheric flight,armaments shut down at mach-4 to provide max generated power to drives.
- In atmospheric flight, shields drop out at mach-10 to further divert generator power to drives.
- Single shield generator, no redundancy
- Shield generator always shuts down following hyper-drive engagement.
- Canopy is weakest point of the ship, if shields fail and is hit.
- Only one refresher. (Sorry girlfriends, but capt always gets first dibs on the vanity)
Description: The CastanLCX-L3 was designed for @Karlie Lynn Destat as both a personal transport and a diplomatic vessel. It's armament capabilities are not meant for warfare or fighter to fighter engagements, but as a supplement to help clear ground of hostiles before landing to pick up VIP.
It's concept is flight over fight...a perfect vessel for diplomatic missions requiring immediate response time.It's armament capabilities are not meant for warfare or fighter to fighter engagements, but as a supplement to help clear ground of hostiles before landing to pick up VIP.
The SCX-L3 is optimally designed for two, but can easily accommodate 4 additional personnel insmall crew size cabins of about 6 square meters each, mid-ship. Also, main cabin has two large beds that can sleep 2 in each, if situations require. In short, it can sleep 8 comfortably, despite it is luxury optimized for two. Space is quite limited in its fuselage, due to hyper-drive, sub-light and atmospheric engine ion converters.
- Jak Sandrow likes this