RD-IV Research Station
RD-IV Research Mobil Station
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a mobile Research/Development station for Karlie Lynn Destat
- Image Source: RD-IV
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: The Aegis Corporation
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Unique Karlie Lynn Destat, CIS
- Material: Durasteel
- Length:240 meters
- Width: 60 meters
- Armament: Low
- Defenses: High
- Hangar: Very Low
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: None
- Hyperdrive Class: None
- Upper most deck (penthouse) are solely living quarters, also known as 'Safe in Place'.
- 2 year food and water supply in 'Safe in Place' decks.
- State of the art biological containment labs for research and development.
- Safe in place upper deck can be isolated from rest of space-lab and is self contained.
- 2 large reactor/generator/incinerators.
- 1 small reactor/generator for 'safe in place' living quarters (separate from main two reactors)
- Bio scrubbers that burn/eradicate any and all organic vented lab exhaust.
- Deep skin: Triple layered durasteel hull sandwiching high compression composites and ceramics, to protect biological agents and pathogens from escaping. It's containment system is priority.
- A slug: It is not capable of interstellar travel, as it needs to be towed from one system to another. Retro-Drivesystem is designed solely to maintain/establish orbit. It can move away from orbit to open space but at ancient like slow speed.
- Can't hit back: It is not intended to fight as it's armaments is for self defense against small pirate skiffs, and debris/meteors.
- Can't pitch: Can't deploy any bio-chem weapons.
The Castan Weapons Research and Development program includes research on chemical and biological weapons. It is not so much as developing biological weapons but rather to de-engineer such weapons. Aside from underground research and development facilities, Castagne has biological space research stations. One such station is the Castan RD-IV station. It is a self contained and robust research facility that can handle even the most aggressive and highly reactive pathogens, and chemicals that were engineered for the sole purpose of weaponization.
The RD-IV is designed to be towed to a system only, and has no capability of leaving said system on its own. It's retro-drives are solely for the purpose of establishing and maintaining orbit, should it require for it to be stationed around a system or planet. Otherwise it can operate in open space. It's lack of sub-drives or any substantial propulsion system declassifies it as a vessel. It is specifically designed not to be used as a launching platform to deploy biological weapons. It's main purpose is to find, study, and de-engineer biological pathogens and viral/bacterial agents. It has the facilities to then engineer retroviruses and counter agents.