OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: An advanced wide-area munition system
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: None
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Model: MB-22
- Affiliation: MandalArms, Clans of Mandalore, Clan Australis
- Modularity: No
- Production: Minor
- Material: Baradium, Durasteel, Circuitry
- Classification: Guided cluster munition
- Size: Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Thermal Detonator
- Ammunition Capacity: 100
- Reload Speed: None
- Effective Range: Battlefield
- Rate of Fire: None
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Very High
- Glide launch vehicle contains 100 thermal detonator spheres with guidance fins and communications links
- Glide vehicle has QR sensor suite for maximum accuracy
- Onboard QKC and MBE2 capability allows the munition to be guided by multiple unorthodox comm systems
- Very effective against targets over a wide area
- Bomblets are extremely accurate
- Each bomblet packs a heavy thermal detonator punch
- Bomblet yields are individually programmable
- Requires intact communications links to utilize precision guidance
- Glide deployment vehicle is vulnerable
- Individual bomblets can still be shot down
- Too heavy to be carried by starfighter-class craft
Following the Battle of Eshan, MandalArms was tasked with producing advanced battlefield weaponry suitable for engagements that took place in civilian areas, combining heavy firepower with precision guidance. The MB-22 is the solution.
Combining a solid durasteel deployment vehicle with advanced communications and sensor links, this integrated weapons system is capable of delivering targeted damage over a wide area, or focusing its power on a handful of targets or even a single target.
The weapon's payload is deployed at altitude, and the launch vehicle falls away. Each thermal detonator bomblet has a series of guide fins, making each detonator individually targetable. If dropped from sufficient altitude, they are capable of servicing targets over a wide area of several kilometers.
Each bomblet's payload is a baradium-based thermal detonator capable of generating a sphere of fusion-powered destruction utilizing a dial-a-yield option from one meter up to ten meters.
This accurate yet devastating weapon is also rather versatile, allowing a commander to choose the severity of the weapon's power, while carefully selecting the targets to avoid unnecessary casualties.