OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a special dedicated anti Force user round
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: None
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Model: FK-01
- Affiliation: Kaine Australis
- Modularity: Various calibers are available.
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Material: Mandalorian Steel, Void Stone
- Armor Piercing Rounds
- Void Stone sliver
- Heavy stopping power
- Talk to the hand - Resistant to Force use for deflection or redirection
- Coming through - Potentially capable of piercing armor
- My ears! - Louder report than a standard round, and virtually impossible to suppress due to the bullet's design
- Close enough to smell - These subsonic rounds have a very limited range
Designed by MandalArms as an answer to the most dangerous and powerful Force users in the galaxy, the Howl rounds are a dedicated solution to the issue of dealing with beings that can throw starfighters with their minds. With a tough Mandalorian Steel casing, the rounds contain only their metallic mass with a tiny sliver of the rare void stone in the core helping them to reach their target unassailed by space magic.
Too late, a Force user will realise that he or she is unable to deflect the otherwise nondescript bullet coming straight for their personage. Too late, as the armor piercing shell with its voidstone aura, an aura that is so small it only extends around the bullet casing itself, so small is the amount of precious voidstone used to create these rare projectiles, makes a hole in their armor and hopefully their force using self.
Because of the expense and difficulty in acquiring any quantity of void stone, the miniscule amount MandalArms was able to acquire was only enough to produce 10 rounds. Thus they are kept under the personal control of General Kaine Australis himself, and reserved for the most deserving of targets.