OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a trade hub location for the Confederacy of Independent Systems on the planet of Geonosis so that there will be a clear center of trade for not only the planet but for the wider faction space.
- Image Credit: N/A
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Special Note: The Points of Interest are arranged in order of height. The top of the POI will be the top of the star port while at the bottom the the areas marked with a "-" of the same color will be parallel to one another.
- Spaceport Name: The Star Spire
- Location: Geonosis
- Affiliation: Ministry of Commerce, Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Classification: Galaxy Class
- Population: Heavily Staffed
- Accessibility: A widely known location and famed for being a monument to trans-stellar trade the Star Spire is also renown for its heavily guarded airspace. The greater the symbol the more attractive to destructive forces.
- Traffic: Congested, the Star Spire's traffic is handled by an enormous team of air traffic controllers to handle the large amount incoming vessels and outgoing vessels with diligence to prevent accidents.
- Description: A glimmering mirror-like silver spire reaching 9,000 meters into the red haze of its host planet, Geonosis. From the top of the spire downward in a tight spiral are numerous hangar bays. The largest hangars are located at the base of the star port while the smallest are sized for light freighters, shuttles, and so on. In the massive footprint of the colossal structure is a shining port-town.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Executive Hangars Custom made hangars to accommodate expensive diplomatic shuttles these hangars are shielded with space borne carrier shields as well as ray shields to prevent unauthorized entry. Ensuring maximum security of their guests the Star Spire security forces have a dozen guard checkpoint per each of these hangars. The Executive Hangars sit at the top of the Star Spire.
- Traffic Management Center The Traffic Management Center or TMC is a two floor operational area dedicated to the safe routing and information distribution to pilots disembarking from and en route to the Star Spire. It is here that the operational efficiency of the Star Spire is drawn. Decisions made here are paramount to decrees made by the Vicelord himself, while within it's airspace, as failure to comply is met with arrest, sanctions, confiscations, or the order for termination - the destruction of a vessel for presenting an uncontainable threat to the Star Spire and it's denizens.
- Comet's Reach The Comet's Reach is a highly exclusive upper level floor of the Star Spire which is of an ultra modern design used to host trade related conferences with the Confederacy's upper echelons. The Comet's Reach provides a stunning view of the planet below and is not for the faint of the heart to view from the windows. The Comet's Reach is characterized by the amphitheater like room with three tiers, and central podium, centered on the logo of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. This amphitheater can hold 500 seated occupants. This is the highest level of the Star Spire which occupied by those who are not pilots, maintenance droids, cargo handlers, or employees of the Traffic Management Center.
- Embassy of Commerce Below the renown Comet's Reach is the Embassy of Commerce staffed by employees of the Confederacy's economic administration, the Ministry of Commerce. Here the ministry can put into effect the trade agreements forged by the representatives who meet just above them. The Embassy of Commerce is comprised of four floors and houses 1,000 employees.
- Light Freighter Hangars These hangars are designed to fit two Light Freighter type vessels simultaneously although they could also be used to hold a single medium freighter should there be an emergency. Fully staffed with repair droids, cargo handlers, and medical staff in case of emergencies. These hangars comprise the upper tiers of the Star Spire and are gated by shielding common in space borne carriers to keep organic species that are sensitive to high altitude comfortable.
- Pilot's Resource Center The Pilot's Resource Center is not a simple floor but a four floor complex used for the caring of organic pilots. Within the four designated floors between the Light and Medium Freighter Hangars is a clinic, dining facilities, and payment center.
- Medium Freighter Hangars These hangars can fight not only one medium freighter but two simultaneously. These hangars make up the majority of the Star Spire's hangar collection. They are fully staffed with repair droids, cargo handlers, and medical staff to treat pilots and their crew should accidents have occurred in transit or landing. While they can be closed with a single automatic closing gate, the traffic in and out of these hangars are so great that this is rarely used unless the hangar is undergoing maintenance.
- Star Spire Defense Hangars This location would not be feasible without on-site defensive interceptors. The hangars house a collective of twelve (12) squadrons for the sole purpose of defending the Star Spire and the Port-town of Spire. Starfighters are scrambled from this location on the orders of the Traffic Management Center.
- Nebula Hangars Some of the largest hangars to ever be built could fit a dozen medium freight starcraft. These cavernous rooms are so vast that to transverse the width of them is to require vehicular transport. These are the lowest of the hangars along the spire. Vessels that require such hangar capacity are cleared two days ahead of arrival so that the airspace is reserved for their lumbering hulls. When not in use the Nebula Hangars are closed off with titanic double gates that slide across rails.
- Mass Transit Center The Mass Transit Center or MTC is the central location where airspeeder taxi services and airbus services are deployed from. Several locations throughout the city are dotted with receiving platforms. This location is treated as a low security area to allow for the quick movement of goods and individuals.
- Palace of Commerce - The Palace of Commerce is so called as it comprises the lowest levels of the Star Spire and is fully dedicated to trade. Tens of thousands of traders of all sorts gather here at the base of the star port to buy and sell hundreds of millions of credits daily of weapons, materials, consumable goods, starcraft, landspeeders, and airspeeders. This is the lowest civilian accessible location of the Star Spire and is heavily patrolled by security forces.
- Port-town of Spire - The Port-town of Spire, officially known as the Autonomous City of the Star Spire , is a city of merchants, employees, craftsmen, innovators, and corporate directors who all work at the Star Spire. This city is expansive, circling the base of the Star Spire and sporting a population of a million. Several spire like buildings jut out from the surface but pale in comparison to the height of the Star Spire itself. This city is administrated by the Ministry of Commerce of the Confederacy of Independent Star Systems. This was done to symbolize that while the Star Spire is located on Geonosis the Star Spire is the Confederacy's feat and not the possession of one system.
- Trade Enforcement Office - The Trade Enforcement Office resides within the Port-town of Spire and acts as both civil and customs enforcement. Trade Enforcement Agents are mostly organic species in demographics with supporting operations provided by droid counterparts. Sporting only a blaster pistol and plastoid breastplate they are not intended to carry out militant operations outside of the city.
- Residential District - From the very first months of construction there had been those who jockeyed for permanent living space near the starport. Planners set aside a ring like district inside of the port's defenses for permanent habitation. Mass living arrangements are erected in the shape of spires which can house hundreds of influential merchants and pilots in near luxury conditions. This area while economically prohibitive is open to the public.
- Subterranean Maintenance Systems - Beneath all the grandeur of the starport is a vast labyrinth of interconnected passage ways and cavernous mass transit system purpose built for the defense of the starport in the event of an attack. Essentially a bunker town the Subterranean Maintenance Systems publicly known as the SMS isexplained to most as glorified maintenance and support structure access points to hide the true nature of this crucial defense apparatus. Within these hidden warehouses and passage ways reside the power systems and control systems for the starport's turbolaser batteries, droid activation and information dissemination arrays, and a small army of B-Series B1 Battle Droids.
- Joint Operations Secure Location - The Joint Forces Secure Location (JOSL) was built with the intention of providing the Knights Obsidian and Dauntless Commandos a secured location to utilize between deployments based from the Starspire or in the case of a catastrophic planetary event a refuge for both to reconvene. This location is the size of a standard starship hangar with room enough to house 200 and several years worth of food, ammunition, and medical supplies. Knowledge of the JOSL is regulated to the senior Knights Obsidian or Dauntless Officers.
SECURITY: Maximum (list defenses, troop #, turrets, shields, etc)
- Trade Enforcement Agent [x10,000]
- I-3A 12 Squadrons [x144 Individual Units]
- B1 Battle Droid Droid [x5,000]
- B2 Super Battle Droid [x2,000]
- B2-HA Super Battle Droid [x500]
- B2-RP Battle Droid [x500]
- C-Series Battle Droid [x100]
- Armored Assault Tank [x20]
- Single Troop Aerial Platform [x50]
- Deflector Shield Generator (Star Spire proper)
- Deflector Shield Generator (Port-town of Spire)
- Turbolaser Battery North (x4 Dual Turbolaser Turrets)
- Turbolaser Battery South (x4 Dual Turbolaser Turrets)
- Turbolaser Battery West (x4 Dual Turbolaser Turrets)
- Turbolaser Battery East (x4 Dual Turbolaser Turrets)
The Star Spire was imagined by the opulent merchant class and multiple technology guilds of the Confederacy to be an outward symbol of strength and prosperity to the galaxy at large. As the Confederacy had been reborn and it had seen successful expansion to include multiple systems and sectors very few architectural monuments to success were ever erected. The birthplace of the Confederacy was not as grandiose as it could be. Vicelord Metus was petitioned for permission to build the starport in honor of the Conferderacy's success. Although he was and remains skeptical of the exorbitant cost of the project he approved the construction of the Star Spire.
Construction was swift with battalions of droids used in labor every single second of the day, materials poured into Geonosis on a scale that had not been seen in centuries. Within months the super-structure of the star port had been pieced together. Along with it came the first settlers around the port creating the Port-Town of Spire, further funding the project for prime office space and trading rights. Construction concluded a year after it had begun.