NPC Combat Unit Template 3.0
This template should be used to construct combat units and is ideal for mercenary groups, military combat groups, private sector forces, royal protection details, and other combat units with specific tasks/missions/designations that make up a larger cohesive army for factions. This template is NOT for entire armies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a unit dedicated to Cay-Yo as well as the foundational lore for a lore into Cay-Yo's attempts into making the Patitite a recognized people.
- Image Credit: -
- Role: This is a loyal band of elite Patitite warriors from Patitite Pattuna that have decided to follow Cay-Yo into battle. Mainly a protective detail.
- Links: Patitite, Patitite Pattuna
- Unit Name: Gem Guard
- Affiliation: Cay-Yo
- Classification: Melee Specialists, Protection Detail
- Durasteel Sword (5.5 Inches)
- Kyber Crystal Head & Gold Shaft Pike (2.5 Feet)
- Purple Plastoid Breastplate with golden scroll work
- Purple Forearm & Elbow Guards with golden trim
- Purple Plastoid Shin & Knee Guards with golden trim
- Purple Patitite Face-Shaped Mask with golden accents
- Black Hooded Swallowtail Cape
- Black Shirt & Pants
- Description: Finely dressed in rich purple, gold accented, armor and black clothing these masked warriors are famous for their martial prowess despite their diminutive size. Taking the traditional melee combat of the Patitite and refining it to a quasi-religious code of practice the Gem Guard are named after the sector from which Patitite Pattuna is held - the Bright Jewel Sector. While there is more than one Gem Guard unit there are not many to go around. It is rare enough to find Patitite let alone those who would willingly devote their lives to following Cay-Yo then further living by the codes of conduct devised by Cay-Yo and his Gem Guards.
COMBAT INFORMATION: The combination of Unit Size and Availability below is the indicator of how numerous your unit is. Stormtroopers for instance would be considered Large/Common, while Rogue Squadron would be a Small/Unique unit. Majority Force User Units are prohibited from being Common or Large. The stronger and more specialized your unit is (FU or NFU), the smaller and less common it should be.
- Unit Size: Small (6 Individuals known as Fragment)
- Unit Availability: Rare
- Unit Experience: Elite
- Combat Function: To accompany Cay-Yo into battle. If Cay-Yo is leading an infiltration team or attempting to head to the front lines this unit will do their best to assist Cay-Yo in his objective through use of their melee prowess. While competent their physically small size means that the unit will normally rely on numerical advantage to quickly defeat a foe, making use of their pikes to stab their targets into a particular advantageous direction. Lacking in any form of ranged weaponry they require allied units or individuals to deal with distant threats. Gem Guard operate in 6 Patitite teams known as Fragments.
- Melee Specialists: Melee combat is the primary form of conflict on Patitite Pattuna and thus has made the Patitite particularly skilled in this area of battle as the majority of the universe has moved onto ranged weaponry such as blasters or lasers.
- Our Saga: While not suicidal the Gem Guards will stand by their leader or objective till the very end. The Patitite are not known for their regard for being fearful in the face of overwhelming odds or large foes. This mixed with their tendency for armed conflict has made the idea of a glorious death romantic in their minds.
- Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork: As individually skilled as they are the Gem Guards know that the chances of just one of them defeating a competent opponent on the field of battle in a timely manner is slim. These warriors fight together using group tactics to distract, encircle, and slay their foes.
- Relatively Weak: The strongest Patitite is not physically as strong as the average Ewok let alone Human. About the only comparable sentient species in terms of strength would be the Zilken.
- A More Civilized Age: The Patitite may have the capacity to create and utilized weaponry the Gem Guard prefer the more popular (among Patitite) and traditional melee weaponry. While not hapless in ranged combat they are untrained and out of their depth against all ranged units except for Rabble.
The Gem Guard is a band of elite warriors recruited from the warriors of Patitite Pattuna to follow Cay-Yo and his contrived code of honor known as the "Grand Gem". The Grand Gem is a list of tenets written by Cay-Yo through what he believes as enlightenment given to him via magic (the Force, although he does not recognize it by that name).
- Loyalty is Heroic
- Heroes are Glorious
- Glory is Battle
- Betrayal is Death
- Cowardice is Inglorious
As can be readily seen the Grand Gem emphasizes loyalty between the Gem Guards as paramount with disloyalty being punished by death. The Gem Guard eagerly await battle to pursue glory with their Fragments so that they will be known as heroes. To this end each Gem Guard continually practices for battle and ponders on the deeper meanings of the Grand Gem creed. Unknown to Cay-Yo and the Gem Guard their creed vaguely resembles contemporary Force Religions and past Force Cults.
As a military force the Gem Guard is ideally deployed near their objectives so as to give the enemy as little time as possible to use their inevitable range advantage against the Guard. The Gem Guard preform front combat duties on a more general scale when attached to a larger infantry unit that they can use as distractions and cover against their larger foes. Close Quarters combat is where the agile Gem Guard thrive.
The Gem Guard through discipline and willpower will do their best to preform professionally although those Patitite that are newer to the Guard can be quite outwardly enthusiastic about the prospect of battle.