- Map Update 24OCT2019
- Map Update 02SEPTEMBER2019
- Map Update 03AUGUST2019
- 858 ABY: Spiraling Galaxy
- Map Update 01July2019
- Map Update 01June2019
- Map Update 01May2019
- Map Update 01APRIL2019
- 852-856 ABY: Chaos in the Core
- Codex Standardized Rules
- Map Update 21NOVEMBER2018
- Map Update 09OCTOBER2018
- Map Update 09SEPTEMBER2018
- Map Update 02AUGUST2018
- Map Update 02JULY2018
At any point, a Major Faction may “invade” another Major Faction's occupied hex. This involves one Major Faction's members fighting for control of the hex against another Major Faction's members. New Major Factions may not be invaded for the first 30 days after their application is approved unless they initiate an invasion first.
- Label your faction's name, the hex, and the opposing faction (if there is one) in the topic title. Acquisitions will not be awarded in the future if this is not adhered to.
- A Major Faction may only start one Invasion at a time and may not serve notice to start another until the original invasion is completed and judged.
- A Major Faction must give 7 days notice of their intention to invade a hex.
- Hexes invaded further than one hex away from a Major Faction's borders will not increase a Major Faction's Influence Cloud.
- Stampeding is not allowed. Stampeding is when several members of a Major Faction post repetitively without waiting for a proper response from the opposition.
- Stalling is also prohibited. Stalling is where a defending faction deliberately seeks to under perform in order to shift the lion share of the work on the invader. Invasions can be intense, but they are also ultimately a collaborative experience. Treat them as such.
1. Both the opposing and defending Major Factions in an Invasion thread may request assistance from factions not involved in the thread.
2. A maximum of 5 characters total per side in the Invasion may provide assistance. Each character must be played by a different writer.
3. Character rotations/substitutions are not allowed once the Invasion has begun. Allies must be accepted by the faction they are assisting.
4. Faction Leaders will be held accountable for regulating the number of characters they have assisting their Faction.
Characters found in violation of Rule 2 will be subjected to disciplinary action.
1. The thread must have a minimum total of 100 posts between both factions.
2. Both factions must have a minimum of 5 members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the invasion, that faction forfeits.
3. Invasions typically run for two weeks, though the factions involved can freely set a different duration. This can be modified later if both parties agree.
4. At any time, Faction Owners may request an Administrator to review an Invasion for the purpose of forcing an early concession due to inactivity from any offending or defending Factions. If the claim is found valid, the Administrator may initiate an early Judgement deliberation with the presiding Roleplay Judges. If this method of Victory Declaration is found unsubstantiated, it may be provided to the presiding Roleplay Judges’ for consideration in their Judgement upon the natural conclusion of the Invasion.
Once an Invasion nears it's completion, contact the Head Admin (Valiens Nantaris) and he will inform the Role-play Judges. If either faction does not concede, the Role-play Judges will decide the victor.
The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
- Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Participation.An invasion is a story of conflict between two factions, and the participation of both factions will contribute to their chances for victory. This is does not include the total contribution of posts from one faction as compared to another, nor the total amount of individual writers from one faction as compared to another. This does include, but is not limited to, the level of consistent activity of both factions throughout the course of the thread, the interaction between members of both factions with the opposition from the start of the invasion to the end, the steady responses between writing partners made in a reasonable frame of time, and the amount of cooperation and teamwork between members of each faction to achieve their goals.
- Tension. Throughout invasions there will always be a conflicts, large or small. This can be something as small as a Padawan and an Acolyte dueling and how their conflict plays out, or as large as the interaction of two massive fleets in orbit. These moments, as well as how members of both parties respond to and shape them, can contribute to a faction's chances for victory. This is not determined by the literal outcome of these moments. They will be decided by how unique these moments are, how fair and appropriate the moments that lead up to these interactions are, as well as how each individual and group handles these moments and either recovers or takes advantage of them in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Story. At the heart of an invasion lies the stories woven by writers from the first post until its last, whether it is through a violent conflict, a peaceful diplomatic resolution, or anything that lies between. Actions made by individuals, groups, and the factions as a whole make up the fabric of this story and will contribute to each faction's chances for victory. This will not be determined by a summation of duels, objective wins, and general tallying of scores. This will be determined by subjects such as, but is not limited to, whether the actions of individuals and groups make sense in their given context, the expansion of a given location's lore and history, the general flow of the overarching story as it unfolds and is influenced by the actions of each faction, how engaging each individual and group's storyline is, and the impact felt by the gains and the losses of both factions - as well as the fair and balanced actions made by individuals of each faction.
- Drama. While the focus of an invasion will always be the actions of each character and faction in-character, the interaction and the general behavior of writers of each faction out-of-character also create an impact on the flow of an invasion. The goal for every invasion is for members of both parties to have fun and enjoy their experience, and to create a fun and interesting story comprised of the actions of each character as individuals and participating factions as a whole; however, this can be derailed by behavior that is not conducive for such an ideal environment. It is our goal for this to always end as a tie, with both parties never showing examples of inappropriate and negative behavior, but any negative behavior instigated by either side, visibly, can negatively impact that faction's chances for victory in an invasion.