Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ísfors - Northmark Ice Cave/Crystals Caves

Art.

ice_cave___speedpaint_by_damascus5.jpg

https://clintcearley.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Cave-Speedpaint-118403133

00-featured-best-concept-art-books-cover.jpg

https://conceptartempire.com/best-digital-painting-books/

ice+cave2.jpg

http://devindaamarathunga.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/ice-cave.html

The crystal caves will contain either/or Kunda Stones or Etaan Crystals. Undecided yet.
Either will be able to be harvested for lightsabers.

ice_cave___speedpaint_by_damascus5.jpg

Ísfors

Geographical Landmark Template

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Landmark Name: Ísfors
  • Classification: Cave System [Crystal]
  • Affiliation: Théodred Heavenshield | Ylva Heavenshield | Dawnguard
  • Size: Deep and vast network of ice caves
  • Population: No inhabitants
  • Demographics: N/a
  • Accessibility: Open. Although as the caves are located high in the mountain ranges of Midvinter in the Northmark, they are almost inaccessible because of terrain. However, with determination and skills they are able to be found and entered.
  • Description: [Provide a short paragraph that describes this landmark at a glance. More in-depth descriptions can be added in points of interest.]
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Etaan Crystal Formations
  • Kunda Stone Veins
  • The Raun Vatns - are a series of small cave lake system feed from underground springs sourced deep within the mountain range. They are invitingly warm as they are fed from underground hot spring below the mountains and a test for anyone that enters their waters.
    Dreymavatn = Dreams/Nightmares - no escape once entered and you will die of drowning.
  • Sútvatn = Sorrow and Regret - almost immediately the bather will experience these hard emotions taking them into despair and the longer the bather remains, the depths of sorrow and regret deepen and makes his very difficult to see reason and to leave the waters.
  • Sælavatn = Happiness and Love - grants the bather a strong sense of these emotions, euphoric and total bliss and the bather never wants to leave the waters.
  • Heillvatn = Healing and Heart - give strength to the bather and heals any physical injuries as well as emotional.
  • Awndvatn = Hate and Envy - instills in a person these emotions while in their waters.
  • Pjófrvatn = Thief - 'Steals' memories, identity leaving the person a shell of their former selves.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Ísfors are as old as Midvinter, dating back before the Age of Ice, when the planet was lush with great forests and oceans, and a temperate climate.

Búar-una

An ancient people (pre-historic) of Midvinter, that lived before the Age of Ice. (localised to the North) The Elders used the caves to harvest crystals and stones for there healing properties.

A small group of Elders who could conjurer magic (the Force), and had imbued the waters of the Vatns to test anyone who entered the caves or entered the waters. This test served as a means for protection of the crystals and stones and to instill a sense of awe in the local people, which they revered and feared.

The Vatns were also used as a Rite of Passage for any Búar-una that showed potential as a healer and magic user, it was their transition from initiate to healer and would walk the path between realms in their understanding of it. They were the forerunners to the Valkyri and after the Age of Ice, those that survived it, evolved into the strong and hardy race of present day.

In the time of the Búar-una access to the caves was less arduous but with the coming of the Age of Ice, access became difficult due to countless years of erosion, weathering and ice. Although entering the Vatns is perilious, the imbuement to the force has been eroded and the strength of the connection weakened.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

I was thinking of making a faction thread for this sub. Which will take place after the epic one we are doing now. So there is plenty of time for me to work the details of the sub.

I had a look in the codex for any rules about crystal caves and could not see anything about dev threads, but I think it would be nice to do anyway.

Something more of an adventure thread, and discover the caves in the Northmark. And it will give them more to do with the Dawnguard as a faction.

Points of Interest.

The Raun Vatns - a series of small cave lakes feed from underground springs deep within the mountain range. They are invitingly warm and a test for anyone that enters their waters.

Dreymavatn = Dreams/Nightmares - no escape once entered and you will die of drowning.

Sútvatn = Sorrow and Regret - almost immediately the bather will experience these hard emotions taking them into despair and the longer the bather remains, the depths of sorrow and regret deepen and makes his very difficult to see reason and to leave the waters.

Sælavatn = Happiness and Love - grants the bather a strong sense of these emotions, euphoric and total bliss and the bather never wants to leave the waters.

Heillvatn = Healing and Heart - give strength to the bather and heals any physical injuries as well as emotional.

Awndvatn = Hate and Envy - instills in a person these emotions while in their waters.

Pjófrvatn = Thief - 'Steals' memories, identity leaving the person a shell of their former selves.

The Vatns are strangely warm making them very inviting to enter.

Subject to change...

Búar-una

An ancient people (pre-historic) of Midvinter, that lived before the Age of Ice. (localised to the North)

Used the caves to harvest crystals and stones for there healing properties.

A small group of Elders who could conjurer magic (the Force), who imbued the waters of the Vatns to test anyone who entered the caves or entered the waters. This was also for protection of the crystals and stones.

These Elders were revered by the ancient people of Midvinter who lived in the North of the continent.

The Vatns were also used as a Rite of Passage for any Búar-una that showed potential as a healer and magic user, it was their transition from initiate to healer.

They lived on Midvinter in a time before the Valkyri when the planet held little sentient life.

In the time of the Búar-una access to the caves was less arduous but with the coming of the Age of Ice, access became difficult due to countless years of erosion, weathering and ice.

Just brain storming the above for the Vatns, and to come up with a way they are 'magical' in application.

This is what I have so far, so tell me if you think it okay? or if there is something you think of that could be added etc.

I shall slowly work on this sub again for the Northmark and Midvinter. However, considering the state of the TSE or rather Mythos at this point I will not be subbing it any time soon. I don't want to give him any more incentive to attack us then he already has.

So I shall wait until things calm down in that regard. Stupid that I have to even think about this on these boards. <_<

There is a little bit of reworking to be done with it, I noticed so it would not be completed soon anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom