Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1.5 Feature Update Possibilities

This is a huge discussion in the Staff Forum right now, so I'm opening it up to member suggestion/input.

The 1.4 Feature Update is currently ongoing and focuses on many issues on the backend, consisting of board changes, implementing new rules, and improving our overall user interface. 1.5 will return to RPG elements/member elements.

We have several options on the table but the big ones are:

An Awards/Referral System: Awards granted to your account for reach certain post counts, achieving certain objectives (completing invasions, dominions), reaching certain ranks (Jedi Master/Sith Master), etc. Also, coupled with this idea is a referral system where you can refer this site to your friends for points. Do you think a referral system would work? Do you have friends or know anyone interested in joining SWRP? This idea is geared towards rewarding players for their activity on the board and initiating a larger rate of expansion for the site.

An Economy System: This is a huge debate topic between staff members, with many pointing out the pros and cons of implementing an RPG economy. The biggest focus is, "it's been done before on other boards - and it was bad. What would make it not bad here?"

Additional Themes/Designs For the Board: The ability for the member to change the board's appearance to their liking.

Heroic NPC Rules

Additional Title Images/Rank Icons: Assassin, Witch of Dathomir, Chiss, Yuuzhan Vong - as well as additional Faction Icons are on the table.

New suggestions are also welcome.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Awards:
This is a great idea. So long as the Awards do not cast a potent Visual Contrast between Vet Players and New Players. There is nothing worse than an Avatar with over 1,000,000 Gold and Rainbow Colored Stars around it. Unless... I mean. ...Unless your into that sort of thing. Then yeah. Go for it. :D

~ " Yep. Thats the Administrator. You can always tell because he has the Purple Dancing Wookiees and Rainbow Humping Lhama's underneath his 12-Star Holographic Avatar of Doom."

___
Economy:
Not a fan. Meh. Just me.

I am going to agree with agree with Karen on the economy system. Numbers have always killed my motivation for roleplaying. Achievment system is okay as long as awards don't create a massive gap between vet and new players as Karen stated. I am like whatever with the rest of the updates.
My point of view on economy system: Well I believe the honor/realistic system should be implemented rather than numerical stuff because the truth is numbers and maths would kill the freedom of roleplaying, the realistic/honor system which I am talking about is that every faction should realistically look at it's budget without numbers. Now I am going to give you an example to make it easier for you guys to understand:

Faction A has got Kuat Coruscant Corellia
Faction B has got Balmorra, Ord Mantell, Thyferra, Wayland, Malastare
Faction C has got Sluis Van, Yag'Dhul, Eriadu, Taanab.
Now considering that it would be that Faction A > Faction C > Faction B. Seeing one's faction's planets we judge with the knowledge of those systems and their locations what economy that faction has and of course a strong economy = more expenses on military = bigger number of ships in fleets (simplified).
As you see A > B even though B has more planets. Yes having more planets is always a plus, it's more income but considering Kuat Coruscant and Corellia against B's planets it is obvious that A>B. But the gap from A to C isn't massive considering C's planets, although A and B's difference isn't small (not massive but not small) while C and B's difference is average.

I hope you understand, if not I will try again and make it easier for comprehension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom