Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A Meditating Warrior

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Cross guard Lightsaber, Hydrangea Moonblade (Concealed)
Tag: (Open to other Jedi)

Since she had been focusing primarily on her abilities in combat as well as heavily studying the fighting styles of other Padawans and historic Jedi, Lily knew she needed to give time to her meditations and the mental elements surrounding the Force and Jedi life.

It was how she found herself in a courtyard, cross legged and sat down. Trying to find peace and centre herself in the Force. She was attempting to calm her mind, focus on the Force and lift some objects she had placed around her. Attempt to use the Force when she was outside a combat mindset, in a precise and delicate manner. Currently she was simply struggling to calm her thoughts and not think about the activities she was pushing herself to get done once this was over.

There was studying she was needing to do, take notes from the holocrons she had found of Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren made. Just in case her Master decided to throw any curve balls her way. She was also trying to sort out where to have dinner and what she would do in the evening as a way to unwind from the day. Basically, everything else was pouring into her mind as she attempted to sit in silence and be present. Which was apparently a lot harder of a task than she had initially believed it to be.

Breathing out an annoyed sigh of herself, "come on Lily, stop thinking about everything else planned for today," she mumbled to herself in frustration as she clenched and unclenched her fists a couple of times before breathing in deeply and trying to practice the meditation once again.

Major Faction

Phy

Philosopher's Stone

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

LvqcWzK.png

Droid Body

"come on Lily, stop thinking about everything else planned for today,"

"Having trouble?"

Phyla drifted down from above upside down, telekinetically levitating as she so often preferred as her natural state of being. She had been meditating towards the ceiling of the training hall and couldn't help but pick up on some muttering below her. The shard gave the young woman before her a soft smile, her arms tucked behind her back.

"If you're having to tell yourself to stop thinking about something, chances are you might still be thinking about it," she noted, her tone airy and light. "You can't brute force meditation."

Phy turned herself right-side up, drifting down to sit in front of Lily before extending her hand in greeting.

"Phyla," she introduced. "Sorry if I'm being nosy, but I couldn't help but overhear. Would someone to meditate with help?"

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Cross guard Lightsaber, Hydrangea Moonblade (Concealed)
Tag: Phy Phy

Lily blinked her eyes open in surprise as she heard a voice call out to her. She had not realised that she was not alone in the garden since she had not anyone close. At least close without her sensing them approach. Perhaps her perception was not as skilled as she liked to think. Something to test another time. She looked over to the other woman and gave a polite smile.

"Isn't combat meditation a brute force approach to meditating?" Lily asked, since she had been learning how to achieve a meditative state while practising her combat forms. It was not the traditional approach for a Jedi but it worked for her and made sense since she was an Echani that combat meditation would appeal more.

Shaking the extended hand, "greetings Phyla, I am Lily." The Echani introduced herself as she gave a polite smile. "I am sure it can't be much worse than failing to do it alone and being overheard talking to myself, so sure. I will take any help I can." Lily chuckled at her attempt of self depreciating humour.

• Love
Reactions: Phy
Major Faction

Phy

Philosopher's Stone

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

LvqcWzK.png

Droid Body

"I am sure it can't be much worse than failing to do it alone and being overheard talking to myself, so sure. I will take any help I can."

"Alright then, let's see what we can do," Phy nodded.

Right. What to do when you couldn't stop thinking about everything else. Well, the answer to that one was rather simple, at least on paper. You needed to shift your focus to something else. That something couldn't be nothing. No, it had to be intrinsically linked to the flow of the Force through matter. What did that look like...

A faint smile rose on the shard's synthetic face. Using the Force, Phy called over a potted flower and proceeded to plop it down into Lily's hands.

"Here you go!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom