Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Anomaly Report #134 - Iron Maw

[ANOMALY REPORT #134]
imagebordaaaa.jpg

[THE IMAGE PROVIDED DEPICTS AN "EXPULSION" EVENT FROM #134]

[ADDENDUMS AND FIRST CONTACT TRANSCRIPT ARE REDACTED FOR CLASS - II PERSONNEL AND BELOW]

[EXPEDITION PROCEDURE] Researching personnel are required to wear a fully sealed diving suit at all times while entering waters in a 120-meter radius from #134. Suits are routinely inspected to eliminate any possibility of a breach from #134-1 instances. Provided suits are equipped with an inbuilt flashlight for accurately investigating the depths, as well as a biosensor located in the helmet, displaying information across the inside of the visor.

[DESCRIPTION] Anomaly Report #134 is believed to be a large colony of aquatic fungus that has developed into a self-sustaining and self-reliant ecosystem growing inside an abandoned cargo ship. Expeditions inside of the ship reveals- [EXPUNGED]

The bow of the ship #134 grows across has corroded into a large "mouth" hole, constantly expelling instances of Anomaly Report #134-1.

#134-1 is a school of small fish that are constantly being produced inside the "body" of #134. These fish are covered in yellow fungal growths and seek to spread the aquatic spores on their bodies by letting themselves be consumed by other predators. There have been reports of #134-1 instances attempting to breach the mouth pieces of deployed researchers diving suits. Creatures that consume any part of #134-1 will experience failure of the endocrine system and die within three hours. The body will then slowly be dragged inside the maw of #134 by organic appendages that extend from the exterior of the ship over the course of potentially months - where it will [EXPUNGED]

The inside of #134 is-

[THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS ONLY AVALIABLE TO CLASS III OPERATIVES OR ABOVE]

I'm basically looking to gather a small team of inquisitive minds to research a strange entity that has manifested on a water world in the Outer Rim Territories. There will be minimal fighting, but a strange web of mysteries will begin to reveal itself as the team studies the anomaly. There's gonna be conspiracy, supernatural events and existential terror.

[ANOMALY REPORT #134]
imagebordaaaa.jpg

[THE IMAGE PROVIDED DEPICTS AN "EXPULSION" EVENT FROM #134]

[ADDENDUMS AND FIRST CONTACT TRANSCRIPT ARE REDACTED FOR CLASS - II PERSONNEL AND BELOW]

[EXPEDITION PROCEDURE] Researching personnel are required to wear a fully sealed diving suit at all times while entering waters in a 120-meter radius from #134. Suits are routinely inspected to eliminate any possibility of a breach from #134-1 instances. Provided suits are equipped with an inbuilt flashlight for accurately investigating the depths, as well as a biosensor located in the helmet, displaying information across the inside of the visor.

[DESCRIPTION] Anomaly Report #134 is believed to be a large colony of aquatic fungus that has developed into a self-sustaining and self-reliant ecosystem growing inside an abandoned cargo ship. Expeditions inside of the ship reveals- [EXPUNGED]

The bow of the ship #134 grows across has corroded into a large "mouth" hole, constantly expelling instances of Anomaly Report #134-1.

#134-1 is a school of small fish that are constantly being produced inside the "body" of #134. These fish are covered in yellow fungal growths and seek to spread the aquatic spores on their bodies by letting themselves be consumed by other predators. There have been reports of #134-1 instances attempting to breach the mouth pieces of deployed researchers diving suits. Creatures that consume any part of #134-1 will experience failure of the endocrine system and die within three hours. The body will then slowly be dragged inside the maw of #134 by organic appendages that extend from the exterior of the ship over the course of potentially months - where it will [EXPUNGED]

The inside of #134 is-

[THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS ONLY AVALIABLE TO CLASS III OPERATIVES OR ABOVE]

I'm basically looking to gather a small team of inquisitive minds to research a strange entity that has manifested on a water world in the Outer Rim Territories. There will be minimal fighting, but a strange web of mysteries will begin to reveal itself as the team studies the anomaly. There's gonna be conspiracy, supernatural events and existential terror.
This might be fun for a character or two but I’ll get back to you.

Ok back! So, fair warning if we do anything early this week, I have NO idea how mentally competent or active I will be.
But for tonight I can at least offer a character.
The Nobody The Nobody
For one, I assume this was on purpose, I absolutely see SCP setup in this lol. Maybe this specific setup is used elsewhere, but that's definitely what I noticed.

The more I really get into this the fewer characters probably fit, I actually love getting into species creation and alchemy so have multiple characters like that. Two of them though, aside from being very very high in biological/alchemical science, are also very powerful in the force, and shapeshift, making likely a lot of threats way less threatening. Mariah doesn't have nearly that power or knowledge and would study, but since she'd likely only take this risk using her droid rather than be in person, you lose the potential fear factor.

Best option I have is probably Anen Krae. A jedi padawan, his species though was very isolationist, not advanced tech wise, with exception of biology. Which they were very good at, to add a force sensitive organ into their genetics. Short version, two races, his is the little rarer version who's force sensitive organ allows shapeshifting, in general this species is extremely knowledgable and skilled in biology and a few force techniques (alchemy, telekinesis, and telepathy are extremely prominent). His father was a dark sider, somethign happens to his father while his mother has him somewhere, and it manages to drive the mother crazy too. Anen basically is abandoned, saved by jedi, and goes full to the light side as he can including refusing to use the force as a direct attack. He is, however, still essentially a doctor/biologist as far as skills go. His shapeshifting is intense, he's as knowledgable as any doctor could be, but as a jedi, he's just padawan level. He'd naturally want to try and help study something like this, whether it means preparation for threats, or to see if the life there may be allowed to live in a safe and reasonable way. While he certainly could make himself aquatic, he may choose a suit anyway in the short term for the sake of health security.

I kind of wish I'd already set up the psuedo-yuzyang vong stuff cause I feel like that'd be an interesting character here but there's no way that's getting built for at least a week or two, if I do it at all.

Now if you want someone who's not a goody-two shoes doctor who's afraid of going dark side, then remind me next week and maybe can work on something else for it or if I can figure out if one of my other characters may fit just fine.

Ok back! So, fair warning if we do anything early this week, I have NO idea how mentally competent or active I will be.
But for tonight I can at least offer a character.
The Nobody The Nobody
For one, I assume this was on purpose, I absolutely see SCP setup in this lol. Maybe this specific setup is used elsewhere, but that's definitely what I noticed.

The more I really get into this the fewer characters probably fit, I actually love getting into species creation and alchemy so have multiple characters like that. Two of them though, aside from being very very high in biological/alchemical science, are also very powerful in the force, and shapeshift, making likely a lot of threats way less threatening. Mariah doesn't have nearly that power or knowledge and would study, but since she'd likely only take this risk using her droid rather than be in person, you lose the potential fear factor.

Best option I have is probably Anen Krae. A jedi padawan, his species though was very isolationist, not advanced tech wise, with exception of biology. Which they were very good at, to add a force sensitive organ into their genetics. Short version, two races, his is the little rarer version who's force sensitive organ allows shapeshifting, in general this species is extremely knowledgable and skilled in biology and a few force techniques (alchemy, telekinesis, and telepathy are extremely prominent). His father was a dark sider, somethign happens to his father while his mother has him somewhere, and it manages to drive the mother crazy too. Anen basically is abandoned, saved by jedi, and goes full to the light side as he can including refusing to use the force as a direct attack. He is, however, still essentially a doctor/biologist as far as skills go. His shapeshifting is intense, he's as knowledgable as any doctor could be, but as a jedi, he's just padawan level. He'd naturally want to try and help study something like this, whether it means preparation for threats, or to see if the life there may be allowed to live in a safe and reasonable way. While he certainly could make himself aquatic, he may choose a suit anyway in the short term for the sake of health security.

I kind of wish I'd already set up the psuedo-yuzyang vong stuff cause I feel like that'd be an interesting character here but there's no way that's getting built for at least a week or two, if I do it at all.

Now if you want someone who's not a goody-two shoes doctor who's afraid of going dark side, then remind me next week and maybe can work on something else for it or if I can figure out if one of my other characters may fit just fine.
Mhm, definitely SCP inspired, but also, funnily enough, inspired by this collection of stories. I love making up strange and exotic creatures or telling scary stories, and I've made "The Nobody" to fulfil these desires to their max.

And fear factor shouldn't be a concern! I'm more of a terror guy rather than a horror guy. You'll learn some disturbing secrets within #134 that are more complex than they appear.

I wouldn't knock Mariah out of the scenario, as while things won't be a significant physical threat to either of our characters (The Nobody is capable of more than he appears) we'll both be discovering an organism that will... Tantalize our curiosity. I wouldn't mind having The Nobody banter well with someone who is also well versed in the sciences.

But I think both characters would work regardless. But at the end of the day, it's up to how you would personally like to interact with the story. Employ a character with enough curiosity to venture deeper into the mystery - regardless of their power level or knowledge - and we will have a satisfying expedition regardless.

Also just plugging here, this story is still open to anybody else interested! (If all goes well, I may write another expedition report with another strange anomaly.)

Mhm, definitely SCP inspired, but also, funnily enough, inspired by this collection of stories. I love making up strange and exotic creatures or telling scary stories, and I've made "The Nobody" to fulfil these desires to their max.

And fear factor shouldn't be a concern! I'm more of a terror guy rather than a horror guy. You'll learn some disturbing secrets within #134 that are more complex than they appear.

I wouldn't knock Mariah out of the scenario, as while things won't be a significant physical threat to either of our characters (The Nobody is capable of more than he appears) we'll both be discovering an organism that will... Tantalize our curiosity. I wouldn't mind having The Nobody banter well with someone who is also well versed in the sciences.

But I think both characters would work regardless. But at the end of the day, it's up to how you would personally like to interact with the story. Employ a character with enough curiosity to venture deeper into the mystery - regardless of their power level or knowledge - and we will have a satisfying expedition regardless.

Also just plugging here, this story is still open to anybody else interested! (If all goes well, I may write another expedition report with another strange anomaly.)
On mobile and not fully normal yet but responses anyway!

cool on all parts! And honestly im super happy with any, both have drastically different views and encompassing different fields of specialty. If you don’t have a preference im up for flipping a coin lol

On mobile and not fully normal yet but responses anyway!

cool on all parts! And honestly im super happy with any, both have drastically different views and encompassing different fields of specialty. If you don’t have a preference im up for flipping a coin lol
Flip that coin- let's make it interesting! Here's the plan:

I'm going to write up a starter involving your desired character and Onrai.

I'll give it a day or two before I post the starter in case anybody else would like to join. Otherwise, I'll go ahead.

It'd be difficult to squeeze people in while the story's still going, but if anybody else who happens upon this thread wanted to join but missed out for whatever reason, they can PM me, and I'll organize a way to insert them in if we're still going.

Flip that coin- let's make it interesting! Here's the plan:

I'm going to write up a starter involving your desired character and Onrai.

I'll give it a day or two before I post the starter in case anybody else would like to join. Otherwise, I'll go ahead.

It'd be difficult to squeeze people in while the story's still going, but if anybody else who happens upon this thread wanted to join but missed out for whatever reason, they can PM me, and I'll organize a way to insert them in if we're still going.
coin says Anen. Looking forward to rp wirh you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom