Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articles of Ren

I have modified the original version of this slightly. Specifically, the titles section in Article III has been amended to represent a more streamlined approach. After a week of discussion, I will remove replies/input and pin the finished product. Be brutal and honest in your critiques ladies and gentlemen, it's vastly appreciated!

Article I: The Rites of Ren
On the subject of ascending from Disciple to Knight, I would like to propose a form of semi-standardization. At the moment, the faction currently lacks a solid mentor population, so it falls upon us to ensure that our apprentices see progression. As such, I present the Rites of Ren.

The Rites are challenges that Disciples must overcome. Three in number, a Disciple must complete these challenges, exceptionally, on top of fulfilling "active" criteria.

(Active meaning the Disciple is a visibly present member of the faction, participates regularly in our threads, in addition to undergoing forms of training IC.)

The Rites are:

The Rite of Will: The Apprentice must demonstrate loyalty whilst under extreme duress. (i.e. Keeping Order information despite being physically interrogated.)

The Rite of Power: The Apprentice must demonstrate skill whilst facing extreme odds. (i.e. Facing down multiple opponents simultaneously/higher-FU ranks.)

The Rite of Command: The Apprentice must lead and complete an objective despite extreme disadvantages. (i.e. Capturing a base with only two Stormtroopers as backup.)

Once a month, we will center a thread around one, or more, of these objectives and will challenge our Disciple population to succeed. However, this will not be the only avenue, as we will be watching. If a Disciple fulfills the criteria of the Rites and meets Active status, then they will earn full-fledged Knighthood.

All Knighting Ceremonies will be conducted IC. The corresponding thread will serve as the proof of promotion for the rank title thread.

Article II: Classes of Ren
Put simply, we have very little in the way of canon to go off of when it comes to the Knighthood. What's more, the next movie is set to come out well down the line. In light of these facts, we have the room to flesh out the Knighthood as we see fit. We have the ability to create something that will be appealing to established characters. It is with that in mind that I propose the Classes of Ren.

Each Class is a school of thought maintained by a portion of the Knighthood's population. They can be used as plot devices, as a means of directing the growth of one's character, a way of forming units, and much more. Through implementing classes, we transition away from being a gaggle of Kylo Rens to being much, much more.

The Classes are:

Takadan Knight: Name derived from Takodana, a site of a large battle between the Galactic Republic and the Resistance. Seldom "seen", frequently deployed. Emphasis on the mastery of covert powers and tactics. (Mindset: Huntsmen of the Order)

Jakkan Knight: Name derived from Jakku, where the Galactic Empire's last stand took place. The most academic of the Knighthood. Emphasis on the utilization and study of specialized/fringe powers. (Mindset: Defenders of the Order)

Praxic Knight: Name derived from Hosnian Prime, the Republic capital destroyed by Starkiller Base. By and large the must easily recognizable of the Knightood. Emphasis on the mastery of core powers and warring on the front. (Mindset: Might of the Order)

Article III: Titles
Archmaster of Ren: Appointed by the Supreme Leader, the Archmaster serves the role of overseeing the Knighthood. This individual is considered "first among equals" in the context of fellow Masters of Ren.

Master of Ren: Appointed by the Archmaster with the approval of the Supreme Leader, a Master of Ren is charged with the supervision of the Knights of Ren in accordance with the Supreme Leader's wishes.

Knight of Ren: All Disciples of the Beyond that successfully complete the Rites of Ren are advanced to the rank of Knight of Ren by their master. Upon completion of the Knighting Ceremony, the new Knight of Ren is given a Ren name and empowered to execute the Supreme Leader's will independently. The Knights of Ren are chiefly responsible for supervising the activities and training of the Disciples of the Beyond.

*Original credit for this goes to [member="Josiah Denko"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom