Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Automated Extended Range In-flight Support UCAS(A.E.R.I.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufacturer: Guardian Authority Ltd with minimal tech from Lucerne Labs
Market Status: Closed Market
Production: Semi-Unique
Length: High
Width: Average
Height: Average
Size: Large
That light at the end of the tunnel leads to Hell
c1314e15df42471b9c1859abccf33d7e.webp

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter, Atmospheric Fighter,
  • Length: 200 Meters
  • Width: 35 Meters
  • Height: 12 Meters
  • Armament: None
  • Defenses: Low
  • Squadron Count: Base : 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive: 1.0

STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • SELF CONTAINED - Ordinance and fuel all carried within the docking latches of the A.E.R.I.S. all the fighter needs to do is get in position and match the ship's speed. The A.E.R.I.S. does the rest.
  • LAUNCHES FROM UNDER CELESTIAL CITY - The ship is housed in a port that is set in the ventral hull of the SuperCarrier, no need for cargo space.
  • NO PILOTS IN DANGER:The primary advantage of an unmanned Starfighter/Drone is that no sentient is put in danger. This also means that an A.R.E.S.(unless otherwise ordered) can fight until its (or your) complete destruction. Damage means nothing.
    CAPABLE OF LONGER OPERATIONS: No pilots means no need for rest and can stay out longer on longer reconnaissance runs and combat missions.
    S.E.R.A.P.H.I.M.: Constant uplink to the fleet AI is an advantage because constant and faster relays of information and orders enable a more efficient operation.
    A.R.C.A.N.E.: The problem with droidbrains is that they can develop personalities and just like any other, personalities can clash, if there are two on one ship, it can happen(just look at the Millenium Falcon. The A.R.E.S. does not have that problem, the AI is built into the system and is coded with similar principles to S.E.R.A.P.H.I.M.
WEAKNESSES
  • NO WEAPONS - The A.E.R.I.S. is purely meant to be "in-flight refueling"(and re-arming). There is simply no room for weaponry. Which means either a strong cover, or a safe sector of flying.
  • ONE WELL PLACED SHOT - The fuel pods, the ordinance, all of this on one ship. A well placed SHOT can take it and potentially other ships out at once.
DESCRIPTION
The A.E.R.I.S. is a large tailless, interceptor sized unmanned starcraft developed by Guardian Authority Ltd. as part of the Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) Carrier Demonstration program and initiative that Admiral Angellus is spearheading. True, he was not tasked with this, but he is using company funds and resources to do so. No loss on the resources of the Galactic Alliance. The A.R.E.S. was built on the "Super Angel" hull frame where expansion was made from that point. Various systems from the aging (though still very capable) interceptors were added onto the unmanned drone like the FEENIX Torpedo system. The A.E.R.I.S. was built with the A.R.E.S., the Super-Angel, and the Seraphim(Interceptor) in mind, ensuring they can continue to operate at great distances away from their home Carrier.

Since the A.R.T.E.M.I.S. was used to demonstrate the first-ever carrier-based launches and recoveries by a relevant, low-observable, unmanned autonomous starcraft, there has been a call for more and more unmanned capabilities. The legacy continues with A.E.R.I.S.

The A.E.R.I.S. was designed for long range reconaissance and intercept able to stay out longer than even the Seraphim interceptors, almost giving the 5th Fleet the added bonus of constant security screens.

Out Of Character Info

Intent: To create an in-flight refueling ship for the UCAS system
Image Source(s):
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: Gir Quee, my subs
Primary Source(s):

A.R.T.I.M.U.S., A.R.C.A.N.E., A.D.A.M.A.N.T., A.R.E.S.

Technical Information

Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
Model: A.E.R.I.S.
Starship Class: Corvette (50-200m)
Starship Role: Freighter
Modular: Yes
Material: Trimantium, Titanium alloy (Hull frame), Transparisteel (Outter hull), Quadranium (Wings frame), Plasteel (Thrust dampeners)
Armaments: N/A
Defense Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Average
Maneuverability Rating:: Average
Energy Resist: High
Kinetic Resist: High
Radiation Resist: Average
Other Resistance(s):

EMP/ION: High

Minimum Crew: 0
Optimal Crew: 0
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: Large
Last edited:
T E R R A R I S - C O M M A N D
Factory Judge
Liram Angellus Liram Angellus

Looks good.
  • I would like to ask you to add Gir's permission to the template.
  • I would like to ask you to add the following fields to the template:
    • Hangar Space: (Please provide the amount of fighters/support craft this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of advanced systems should be. )
      50m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 0 | Extreme: 0 ]
      100m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 1 | Extreme: 2 ]
      200m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 1 | High: 2 | Very High: 3 | Extreme: 4 ]
    • Hangar Allocations: (This is the allocated amounts of starfighters and support craft (dropships, shuttles,gunships,etc) this submission can hold in its hangar based on the maximum hangar space capacity listed above)
      • Starfighters: x squadrons
      • Support Craft: x squadrons
    • Single Craft Hangar: (Does this ship have a hanger for a single fighter craft to be docked? Please choose either Yes or No. This field does not need to be taken into account when balancing but should be included in the strengths and weaknesses.)
    Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom