Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Blaze of Glory | Tingel Arm Coalition, Targonn

BLAZE OF GLORY
TINGEL ARM COALITION
PHEgrNg.png

The Outer Rim has begun to form alliances!

With the first assembly of the Tingel Arm Coalition, all eyes are on the rim. Planets in proximity to worlds that have already made their allegiance known have begun to reach out for aid. One such planet is the world of Targonn, an planet with a long standing history of existing under the thumb of a crushing dictatorship which was overthrown nine-hundred years ago. Now, with the looming fear of Imperial occupation, the Targonnian people see the thumb of oppression rearing it's ugly head. Assuming they must prepare for the worst, Targonn has increased shipments of coaxium, hoping to stockpile the valuable material while they still have the chance. It is amidst this preperation that an all too familiar hurdle has presented itself...

vDVi0PF.png

CRAZY TRAIN

Caravan trains across Targonn have fallen under siege by a local gang of raiders, plundering transports and vanishing without a trace. Intelegence believes that these individiduals may be sponsered by Imperial sympathizers, though it is unclear which Empire they pledge their loyalty too at the present moment. Tingel Arm Coalition volunteers have been called upon to defend one such train, hauling volatile coaxium from the primary space port to the capital of the planet. Engagement is expected to be hot, with TAC leadership advising all volunteers proceed with increadible caution. One wrong move and the coaxium combusts, sending the caravan sky high. An experimental frost-based rifle made by engineer Kiwa Kiles Kiwa Kiles has been given out to mission goers, provided with the intention of keeping the temperature around the coaxium down in a firefight. Personell stand at the ready aboard the train, awaiting the arrival of the first wave of raiders...

wLG7XLc.png

MAJOR TOM

While the TAC works tirelessly to prevent the robbery of the caravan train from the ground, volunteer naval forces stand ready to intercept reinforcements. Intel reports that a large group of vessels are jumping in from the depths of the Tingel Arm, sporting stolen vessels salvaged from slave revolts on Zygerria, as well as multiple squadrons of ugly starfighters constructed from stolen Imperial technology. Pilots are cautioned to remain vigilent, as reports seem to indicate that an MC80 Star Cruiser is at their disposal. Representing the lifeline for the raiders to escape into hyperspace, the distruction of this vessel is deemed to be a top priority. TAC pilot volunteers have orders to let no hostile vessels escape...

vDVi0PF.png

Targonn
Tags: Open
xRQsgi3.png

Lightsaber
Jasper sat on the roof of the train, his legs crossed and his eyes closed. He was meditating, something he had been trying to be better about doing before a fight. It helped clear the mind, get his body in tune with the Living Force around him. Perhaps he would never be as strong as other Jedi, at least in the Force, but this was something he could do. His body was the lense, focused through martial discipline and resolve. Air entered his nostrils, surged through his lungs, filled his body with fresh oxygen, and left his chest just as quickly.

And his eyes were open.

The man stood, drawing the weapon that had been provided to the group and beginning to inspect it. Jasper had been a mechanic first, so he had a mind for the craft. Lever action, non-lethal damage if you ignore the hypothermia, and a sound enough frame to make it easy to produce in large quantities. It was, if nothing else, a good machine. Jasper liked good machines.

Right. He should be making reports. Jasper brough a device up to his mouth, relaying what he saw via the open communications channel of the Coalition.

"Air is clean. No hostiles in sight..." Jasper relayed. He glanced back at the incoming tunnel, frowning. "What are the odds they're waiting for us on the other side?"

He could bet good money on that. If he had money, anyways.

Among the jedi, Vulpesen hadn't had much of a chance to meet with Master Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el . Though, he had been prescient enough to see how his leaving had caused a quaking ripple to move through the ranks of the ancient order. It was a testament to his skill that his old compatriots loved him so. But his path, like the Valde's had so long ago, wound through a different wood. This particularly neck of the woods just so happened to coincide with Vulpesen's as he sat easily on the roof of the train, peering up to listen in on the Jedi's check in. "That's usually about how it goes. Think they were kind enough to tone down their toys?" he asked, motioning towards the frost rifle. Just because they hadn't met before, didn't mean he couldn't be friendly. Afterall, combat forged brotherhoods and friendships faster than anything else in his experience.

Scattered about Vulpesen's body were daggers and darts, his weaponry already keeping to a neutral heat, and what's more, holding far less explosive impact that might detonate the volatile fuel. While he didn't carry one of the rifles himself, he could at least appreciate their craftsmanship as a fellow arms manufacturer. "Gonna be real awkward when I dodge a bolt just to have a blast of flames come kissing at my tail."

9sHpUs0.png

Targonn
Crazy Train

Solace | Sorrow | Spite
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Vulpesen Vulpesen | Open
y3ggHdt.png
Marcus glanced out the window of his train car as the landscape went by in a flash. The rebels had been tasked with defending coaxium, or so he was told, which was more then enough to get him as far from the main compartment as he could. As a show of good faith, he'd come, of course with Kira, but aside from that he was fairly alone. His family had other matters to tend to, what with the growing unrest near Gatania and securing passage to Hurikane from Alderaan. Personally, he was just happy to be away from it all.

Not sure being with these folk is much better. As Kira came to his side, he turned and watched as she sat overlooking the window. Behind his mask he laughed as a box fell and the beast jumped, nearly ripping the thing in two. Out of habit he secured the three sabers on his waist, not that he'd be using them, probably. The crew had all been outfitted with specialized rifles, though Marcus had his special dagger, and his own personal stun gun. Nonetheless the clunky piece of machinery lay slung on his back.

Deciding to reach out to feel for his surroundings, he closed his eyes and breathed in, almost in a meditative trance, as his presence expanded and he felt himself leaving the train car, he was snapped out of his attempt by another's presence. No doubt one of the Jedi onboard, probably Jasper, if thats what his name was. He hadn't been introduced to the crew prior, an error he could have corrected, but didn't. Turning his attention from his sorry attempt, to reaching out through the force, he felt the two men on the top of the train, talking? Lord knew,
hmph, maybe I ought to introduce myself. He had no doubt that there was distrust when it came to him, and granted the battered imperial knights armor on his body certainly went a ways to prove it, but it might be worth while to make friends instead of enemies.

Reaching a decision, Marcus made his way to find a way up.

Last edited:

ssakai-divider.png

Ssakai stood on the caboose of the train, his eyes scanning the rugged landscape as the caravan rumbled forward. The comms crackled with the voices of Jasper and Vulpesen , strategizing the defense against the impending raider attack. A smirk played on Ssakai's reptilian lips as he chimed in.

"There won't be much of a fire if the coaxium goesss up." His Trandoshan accent hissed, "We'll all become one with the Force in an inssstant."

He then fell silent, his attention shifting to the sheathed hilt of his sword. The weapon was more than just a tool of combat; it was a reminder of his past, a past filled with both triumph and regret. His thoughts drifted back to his master, and that day of darkness and tragedy. The memories weighed heavily on his heart, and he pondered whether he was truly ready for this mission after so many years in exile.

Doubt gnawed at him as the train sped toward its uncertain fate. This was one of his first missions since stepping out of self-imposed isolation, and the uncertainty was palpable. Ssakai's resolve wavered some, but he knew he had to push forward. Redemption wasn't something that came easily, and he was determined to face whatever challenges lay ahead, hoping to find a semblance of peace and purpose in this new fight alongside the Coalition...

Next to the Transdosen was Benaiah wielding the frost rifle and looking it over. Having grown up on how to wield weapons this one was among the most unique he got ahold of. Although truthfully he would've preferred his A280C blaster rifle but fighting wars wasn't about preferences. The only reason why he even agreed to using this freeze gun was because of the volatile cargo onboard. The chatter among the team reminded him why.

"Raiders are not known for their weapon discipline. Best to take as many of them down as possible once the show starts before one of them misfires."

Admiring the mountains on his side of the train for a few moments Benaiah messaged one of his fellow Raxian volunteers that were onboard with the TAC operatives.

"Gaui, are you handling the new weapon okay?"

There was a groan on the other end.

"More or less sir. Really missing my repeater so this Hoth gun better be worth it."

"We adapt for the occasion, Gaui."

"Yes sir, I know I was just expressing my opinion that's all."

The exile nodded before clicking off and sighed as he scanned around side to side of the caboose.

"There won't be much of a fire if the coaxium goesss up." His Trandoshan accent hissed, "We'll all become one with the Force in an inssstant."

"Story of my life," Jasper muttered.

His eyes glanced up briefly as they entered the tunnel, everything going dark aside for the glow of his communicator. It wasn't long before the radio was hot with chatter.

"Emergence from the tunnel estimated five minutes. Scanners indicate movement outside the structure. Potential hostiles."

This was shaping up to be eventful. Jasper had a good feeling that they'd be waiting on the other side for an ambush. It was good to have company at the very least. Vulpesen was a sure fire bet for success. Jasper's time on the Jedi Council gave him access to just enough records about the guy's time in the Order, whatever had come before the NJO anyways. He was a successful wartime strategist and a hell of a fighter, not too shocking considering his culture. Ssakai seemed proficient with a blade, at least, so he'd find no complaints there, and Maquis was the sort of trooper he could respect. Voss, however, was going to come with some growing pains. The NIO dropped pressure bombs on his friends at Ilum, children who had been unprepared for war.

This seemed more like a partnership of necessity rather than a change of heart. He needed to see more of the guy in action to make a judgement call.

"Sounds like we're gonna be headed straight out into contact," he remarked over comms. "Hopefully they have the braincells to keep their blasters pointed away from the cargo. If they don't... I hope you all are good at falling."

This would be fun.

vDVi0PF.png

Outfit: Blue Trooper Armor
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Marcus Voss Marcus Voss | Vulpesen Vulpesen | Ssakai Ssakai | Benaiah Maquis Benaiah Maquis

Ramys was quite happy to finally see a bit of action again. He’d been looking for a new venture that would require him to don his armor and a blaster again since the Stormtrooper rebellion was put down and The Empire of the Lost closed its iron grip upon New Alderaan. Unlike the organizers of the Anti-Imperial Movement Ramys had little trouble getting off New Alderaan. With aid of a false identity of course. Though the Imperials didn’t know every former rebel trooper by sight, his name on a travel manifest would have thrown up all sorts of alarms.

Ramys wasn’t sure how Chrest Kimallen Chrest Kimallen came by their names, but it seemed that the powerful rebel leader had decided that Marnarro would be useful within the newly formed Tingel Arm Coalition. While Ramys’ sister was sent as more of a diplomatic liaison, Ramys was more suited for combat situations. As he sat ready to defend the train, Ramys had a smirk imagining how out of place his sister must have felt in her new role.

Ramys for his part wasn’t as comfortable as he would have liked to be. The group he was assigned to watch the train with was composed mostly of Forcers, a Trandoshan and the saving grace, another soldier for the territory of the Empire of the Lost. Though Raxus was not yet under the Imperial thumb like New Alderaan, they were feeling the pressure. It was good to have someone in a similar place as Ramys was. As they all waited for the other shoe to drop Ramys checked out the frost rifle that he had been given to keep the cargo from blowing sky high.

There was some banter among the apparently light-siders about when the enemy would strike. A grim reminder from the lizardman about what could happen to coaxium and his fellow soldier was communicating with other assets within the train. Ramys stood quiet. When the shooting started he would be ready. When they won Ramys would join the celebration. Until then he was focused, his hand tightening around the handle of the rifle, hoping he wouldn’t show any rust.

wLG7XLc.png

Objective: Major Tom
Starship: S-91x Pegasus.
Co-Pilot: Chip - BB Model Astromech

cvIPzGh.png

Balun Vale stood atop the ladder, hunched across the rear of the advanced S-91x Starfighter, a marvel of technology, as he sought to double-check its engine. He was by no means a qualified mechanic, yet his astromech companion seemed confident that there was a fault in the power distribution to the aft-repulsor lift thrusters. It was in no small part to the Tingel Arm Coalition's aid that Balun had been allowed to set the small craft down until he could figure out where the problem lay.

"I'm telling you, Chip, I'm not seeing it. It all looks the same to me!" Balun grumbled, pressing his hands against the fighter's hull to stand upright and turn to the spherical droid comfortably locked into the droid compartment.

The Astromech swivelled its head around to look back at Balun, giving a shrill whistle followed by a series of chirps and beeps.

"Alright, alright! I'll take another look at the power converters. I can see the generator, but it looks fine as far as I can tell," Balun complained. Being guided by the little droid, a testament to their trust and bond, wasn't his idea of a good time, but Chip knew more about the makings of ship interiors than he did; he supposed this was the best way to learn. "I really should have paid more attention in our artisanry classes back in the Temple. They made this stuff look easy".

"Y'know...-The Coalition's been doing pretty decent lately. They've been helping people like the Jedi do, more or less," Balun spoke his thoughts while trying to dig deeper into the belly of the durasteel beast that was his ship. "I mean, sure, it's not as graceful as the Temple taught us to be, but I'm sure the old man would be impressed" The old man Balun spoke of was his Master Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire . "One of these days, I'll get him to admit he's proud of me", Balun added, speaking with hope, as much as he did, determination.

Balun buried his arm deep enough between the thick pipes, hoses, and wiring of the vessels' engine bay to grip one of the power converters. He felt around the coils, searching for any hint of loose wiring or disconnections."Oh shoot, I think I've got something!" Balun exclaimed, his hand feeling around the material hose, a coverall for wiring seemingly falling short of their power socket. Balun winced as he pressed his torso as tightly against the ship's hull to reach far enough, reconnecting the tube to the base of the power converter.

The astromech droid whistled loudly in response, soon confirming the sensor readouts all coming up green. "Oh, thank the Force", Balun breathed a sigh of relief, "That's been a headache..." he added, soon pulling himself back to stand atop the ladder again, grabbing the durasteel panel and securing it back to cover the engine bay. He still needed some time to seal it shut with the multi-tool, but knowing there would be fewer problems while in flight was music to his ears.

Objective: Major Tom
Starship: The Red Loth-Wolf, CR-20 Troop Carrier
Co-Pilot: Lucky, Lothal Logistics Limited Astromech Droid

Ankeen had been watching the pilots of the Coalition preparing their starships for operations above Targonn from the ramp of his own vessel. The Wolf might not have been a starfighter, but in a movement like this people tended to bring what they had. The hangar was packed with a motley assortment of ugly fighters, tramp freighters, and flying contraptions of all stripes. They had rebels and mercenaries and survivors from who knows how many systems, all here simply to help people in need. It was inspiring, and Ankeen was glad to be a part of it.

Although, it seemed not everyone was having an easy time with their maintenance, he'd been watching some poor kid and his astromech struggling with a diagnostic for a few minutes now. The fighter looked high-end, Ankeen wasn't sure how he'd managed to acquire it, but it looked like maintaining it was the tricky part. He'd been prepared to step in and try to offer a hand when it seemed they finally got the issue sorted out. Still, no reason not to be friendly with the other pilots in the Coalition.

"I was wondering when you'd figure it out."
Ankeen called out in a friendly tone as he sauntered over to the fighter, Lucky in tow chattering away. "Good thing too, I think this is the best combat fighter I see in the hangar."

Balun Vale Balun Vale

wLG7XLc.png

Objective: Major Tom.
Starship: S-91x Pegasus.
Co-Pilot: Chip - BB Model Astromech.

cvIPzGh.png

"I was wondering when you'd figure it out." Ankeen called out in a friendly tone as he sauntered over to the fighter, Lucky in tow chattering away. "Good thing too, I think this is the best combat fighter I see in the hangar."

"Hm? Oh, sorry!" Balun apologized as he stood half-turned atop the ladder, soon climbing down to the surface. Chip whistled from atop the S-91x Starfighter, greeting Ankeen Kewon Ankeen Kewon loudly in his energetic way. Balun grinned to himself as he approached and reached out with his right hand, offering a handshake with the Iktotchi. "Name's Balun Vale. I'm with the Tingel Arm Coalition," he introduced himself, making sure to explain his ties to the organisation so that the Iktotchi didn't question his being there on the Naval Base. The Iktotchi's response to his introduction would determine their future interactions.

Whether the Iktotchi accepted his offer of a formal greeting or not, Balun turned back to his Starfighter. "It wasn't always this good-looking. I found it crashed on Corellia and my Master helped me to restore it. I'm clearly still learning, and he did all the technical stuff, but she flies well..." Balun gave a sheepish grin, scratching the back of his neck out of subconscious habit when he wasn't as confident as he was trying to sound. His humility was endearing, making him more relatable to the Iktotchi.

"How 'bout yourself? You got a ride around here?" he asked curiously. Starfighters were a recent new love that Balun had acquired in his life, and though he wasn't the best pilot out there, like all aspects of his lifestyle, the Force guided him where his skills were found lacking.

Vulpesen's grin widened, causing his fangs to lash in the cabin light. "One of my best skills, actually," he remarked on his presumed performance in falling. "But I'm probably a bit better with these." His hands ghosted into his cloak, swiftly returning with a quartet of daggers which with a flick, flew up to hover by his head. Vulpesen, in recent times had become a true terror of the battlefield. Launching hurricanes and lightning at his foes with all the merciless destruction of a true natural disaster. Still, there had once been a time when he was a jedi shadow, slinking through the underbellies of the galaxy to hunt down the nasties that went bump in the dark. Those were skills he could never forget.

"I'll take point. Hopefully they won't even know what hit them before you come up behind me," he suggested to the jedi. Then, waiting for a sign that the man was ready, the Valde made his way to the door. Deep breath in. Slowly let it out... embrace the rush of adrenaline and... the door opened. The first few surprised glances ended in surprised gurgles as his daggers whispered through the air. He avoided his usual trademark sonic cracks, favoring instead to get the job done as quietly as possible as he aimed his blades at the pirates' throats. Normally, he'd offer a surrender, or at least, aim to maim rather than kill. But with high explosives involved, the stakes were too high. He whispered his apologies to the code and the force as the first bodies fell. Better he take four lives than a stray blaster carry away all upon the transport.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ramys Marnarro Ramys Marnarro Ssakai Ssakai Benaiah Maquis Benaiah Maquis Marcus Voss Marcus Voss

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Vulpesen Vulpesen Marcus Voss Marcus Voss Benaiah Maquis Benaiah Maquis Ramys Marnarro Ramys Marnarro Ssakai Ssakai

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze was present, quietly listening to the adults speak while staying close to Jasper. Although he hadn't fully recovered from the virus's damage, he was well enough to be there. His demeanor had been more subdued lately, giving off a silent, stoic appearance, but that wasn't truly reflective of Braze. He didn't comment as they speculated on various scenarios. Instead, his attention was fixed on the skyline, watching carefully.​

"I'll take point. Hopefully they won't even know what hit them before you come up behind me,"

"Fine by me," Jasper shrugged.

The man gave a gentle look over to his padawan briefly, just to check and see that he was okay. Braze seemed to be so. The attack on his midi-chlorians had left him out of commission for a while. At the very least he was having a speedy recovery.

The train rattled on through the darkness, the light at the end of the tunnel finally coming into view. It grew larger and larger, until the transport had rocketed out into the open air. As expected, swoop bikes rode down from the top of the mountain they had just passed under. There must have been twenty or so, with pilots and passengers on the back, blaster rifles in hand. It happened in an instant, the calm becoming chaos. Blaster fire rung out, the first wave laying down an initial assault on the train.

"Contact!" the Master reported. "And they're as dumb as we thought!"

Jasper drew his lightsaber, beginning to fend off the initial wave of blaster bolts. Morons. They were going to get everyone killed, including themselves. Who knew how little it would take to send the coaxium sky-high.

9sHpUs0.png

Targonn
Crazy Train

Solace | Sorrow | Spite
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Vulpesen Vulpesen | Open
y3ggHdt.png
Hearing the commotion coming from the front, he shrugged off his thoughts and watched to the edge of the train. In one swift motion, he jumped up to the roof of the train and was met by chaos. He stood there, solitary amidst the conflict, as swoops bikes descended and the rebels fought. Kira stayed below, guarding the shipments. The cloaked shadow continued to watch as his fellow comrades fought, including the Jedi he knew to be Jasper Kai'el, off reputation of course. The rest he met briefly on their meeting on Hurikane, but he supposed this would be a more formal introduction.

This'll be fun. He rose to his full height, and threw his rifle to the ground. He would not be needing that. He turned his hands inwards as Solace flew to his hand, and in the other, something grew. It built up until it was ready to unleash chaos, and so, when the next swoop bike came by, it was met with pure electricity, lightning in one concentrated stream as the swoop bike veered towards Marcus. The pirate, or whatever he was, attempted to shoot him, but the shots were deflected away with ease, and so he slipped off his bike, smoking from the force lightning that emitted from Marcus's outstretched hand. The ability he had trained tirelessly, in truth the only one he truly trusted.

Marcus jumped up onto the crashing swoop bike, and quickly took control of it. I've always wanted one of these.

Sometimes Benaiah hated being right. Taking cover behind the railing briefly the Raxian rose up firing several ice blasts at the nearest rider. The latter ducked and swerved repeatedly while returning fire. Going down in cover again Benaiah this time aimed for the bike itself and fired. The top side including the handles froze instantly with the rider's arms.

He spun out of control, knocking another bike in the process. Two for the price of one. A blaster bolt narrowly missed his head striking the wall. Grimacing, Benaiah stood again shooting as he called out to his teams of volunteers via comms.

"Freeze the bikes!"

Just then he saw the Knight, Marcus hop onto one of the swoop bikes. He had not been a fan of the Imperial exile but right now wasn't the time to dwell on that. Then Benaiah called the whole group.

"Voss is off the train! I repeat Voss is off the train! He has taken one of the bikes and is engaging more of the hostiles."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom