Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Breshig War Forge Consolidated 'Tracyn'ga'yam' Explosive Reactive Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufacturer: Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Type: Material
Market Status: Closed Market
Production: Minor
Weight: Light
Size: Average

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Resistances:
    • Energy Weapons: Very High
    • Kinetic Weapons: Very High
    • Lightsabers: High
    • EMP/Ion: Very High
STRENGTHS
  • Slowed or Stopped: The ERA bricks are capable of slowing or stopping incoming kinetic penetrators, greatly lessening their impact on the underlying armor.
  • Broken Up: The ERA bricks break up incoming ordnance, effectively neutralizing them. They can also break up some lesser kinetic penetrators.
  • Anti-Energy: The aerosol gas released is fully capable of essentially neutralizing even heavy anti-vehicle energy projectiles such as heavy laser cannons.
  • Happy Coincidence: The side effect of using reinforced duraplast is the substance's resistance to ligthsabers and EMP/Ion weapons.
WEAKNESSES
  • One Use: The ERA bricks are destroyed on use and fresh bricks must take their place.
  • Kinetic or Energy: If impacted with ordnance or a kinetic penetrator, the brick is destroyed and unable to stop an energy projectile.
  • Touch Off: Particle weapons can be used to 'touch off' the bricks, causing them to detonate prematurely.
DESCRIPTION
The 'Tracyn'ga'yam' Explosive Reactive Armor was developed to protect vehicles from ordnance, kinetic penetrators and to provide some manner of temporary defense against energy based weapon systems including disruptors. The armor consists of a two-layered 'brick' that can be attached to vehicle armor. The outer layer of the brick consists of a pressurized cannister that covers the surface area of the brick containing anti-laser and dampener aerosol. The inner layer is reinforced duraplast sandwiched detonite shaped charge. This combined structure is still relatively light weight in terms of armor, and is not volatile, allowing it to be stored easily.
When hit with an energy weapon, the brick releases the combined aerosols, ideally greatly reducing the effectiveness of the bolt, likely allowing it to merely hit the second layer with minimal to no effect. If hit with a kinetic penetrator round or ordnance, the outer layer would likely be breached by the projectile, however once the kinetic penetrator round, chemical jet or armor-piercing tip from the ordnance impacts against the inner layer, the detonite shaped charge detonates and either slows or breaks up the projectile. In this process, the brick itself is destroyed, but this does greatly lessen the effect of the projectile on the vehicle's armor.

Out Of Character Info

Intent: To create explosive reactive armor for sale and use by Breshig War Forge Consolidated.
Canon Link: N/A.
Permissions: N/A.

Technical Information

Affiliation: Breshig War Forge Consolidated and Strill Securities
Model: 'Tracyn'ga'yam' Explosive Reactive Armor
Modular: Yes
Material: Detonite, Reinforced Duraplast, Pressurized anti-laser aerosol and dampener aerosol
T E R R A R I S - C O M M A N D
Factory Judge
Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Very cool sub again, just I was an idiot. I read the title first and I thought it is an armour and you post in a wrong place, so I moved to the armour section. After it I saw it is a material, so I moved it back. Due to this, some of the pre-made fields are no longer filled. Would you be so nice to edit this? Thank you and sorry again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom