Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Direction

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Hello Underworld

I have been pondering a bit about how to best approach this faction from an OOC standpoint and after discussing it a bit with some people, I think I narrowed it down to two possible directions that we could take it.

• Traditional Way. As in, the way the Black Suns, the Red Ravens and the Hutt Cartel has handled being a faction: we are all one criminal syndicate and work towards furthering that one syndicate's goals.
  • Experimental. We try something new. Instead of being a faction about a single criminal entity, the Underworld is a setting with complete freedom. You guys would be able to group together, form criminal organizations, fight against each other or work together, etc.
The advantages for both options are clear to me. The traditional route is tried and proven - all three factions had a great amount of success in the past and there is no indication that it would be different this time. Though, I do have a few interesting ideas to make less vanilla.

The experimental route provides ultimate freedom which is what the Underworld is all about. You can be whatever you want to be. A gang of pirates, a freelancer assassin, a bounty hunter, whatever floats your boat. Besides that, it's something that I haven't really seen happening on this board as of yet.

So, lemme know what you think and if you have any other suggestions, those are always welcome, of course. :)

I think the experimental route really does fit the Underworld. The Underworld would be crawling with all sorts of crime, so it seems this route could provide a good wax and wane of activity. I like the idea of the faction being viewed as a setting for stories to unfold.

Six-O

S
Yep, Experimental sounds very intriguing and fun.

It'd be pretty cool to see some rival cliques form, and see how far they can climb up the criminal empire ladder.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Experimental… The same ol' same ol' is boring. Well, it is in at least one thing off the top of my head. :p

No seriously… We should play with this first to see where it can go. Like others suggested, the tried and true way is always there to fall back on.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Alrighty, figured I'd let it run for a few more days to see if more people would throw in their opinions, seems like this is it.

I will write up a faction concept in the next few days, so we can use it as an advertisement and make it more clear how everything will exactly work. I will probably throw in some more suggestions here, pitch it to y'all and see what you would rather have.

In the meanwhile. The realization you have to make is this. The Underworld is a scene, an environment where you guys can get creative and have fun together, but part of that process is coming together and thinking up plots and ideas on what would be fun for y'all.

I can't do that for you all. All I can do is bring up suggestions and streamline the environment you all roleplay in. The actual writing is on all of you.

Auswyn Nothrael

A
[member="Khaleel Malvern"]

Can I be all on you?

Ah... I mean... experimental! Good choice, everyone! <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom