Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Docker I Class SCT Superfreighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufacturer: N&Z Umbrella Corporation, Eriadu Shipyards
Market Status: Open Market
Production: Mass-Produced
Length: Very High
Width: High
Height: Large
Size: Very Large
thomas-boutinaud-23-cargo-spaceship-v002.jpg

Image source: [X]

STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Modular Platform: Because it uses the Tiber I modular platform, this ship benefits from the robust build and extremely good defenses this platform provides, with state of the art sensory arrays, shielding and quality plating.
  • Open cargo: Because of its cargo hold effectively being open, it can haul a much larger amount of containers than closed freighters or 'pusher' freighters, which are either forced to push a single or a few containers at a time, while this ship can effectively fill up the open space between the bridge and the ship's aft in order to activate its stasis and magnetic field suspension system to securely keep all the cargo in place during space travel.
STRENGTHS
  • Robust: Thanks to a serious effort placed in making this ship virtually untouchable by raiders and pirates, it boasts quite an array of defensive systems that allow it to shrug off most laser and kinetic damage types in order to safeguard the cargo and the ship's crew during transportations of goods.
  • Massive for its class: As per the internal N&Z rules of being granted the name Superfreighter, this ship has the effective dimensions of a star destroyer, meaning it can haul amounts of goods that would essentially be capable of boosting an entire planet's economy in a single run, a fleet of these could effectively provide an entire star system of goods if necessary.
WEAKNESSES
  • Cumbersome: While capable of being loaded up in orbit, it is quite a cumbersome ship due to its size and bulk, meaning that loading docks need to be capable of accomodating a ship of this size and bulk, but also need to be capable of actually hauling enough cargo to effectively utilize this ship.
  • EMP/ION: Electro magnetic Pulses and direct hits from Ion blasts may shut down the suspension fields and the ship's internals. While the suspension fields for the cargo are partially compensated by hydraulic locks, these would come under serious stress when the magnetic system is shut down as well, slowing the ship down considerably as the weight of the cargo becomes more prevalent without the suspension field in place.
DESCRIPTION
The Docker I class Superfreighter is the first ship to be built using the Tiber I class modular platform, promising solid defenses and a practical size for a modern superfreighter. AS this ship is intended to replace the aging Avarice Class ST2000 Superfreighter , it had to have similar, if not superior dimensions and a means to transport as much, if not more cargo than that line of ships.

The decision to discontinue the Avarice line came after it became clear that the Avarice could not be updated to suit the new use of the suspension field containers, which was insisted upon when the phase for the initial designs for a new freighter came on the table, the board of directors was adamant that the suspension field containers needed to be the universal system of hauling cargo for any N&Z product. It was because of this that the Docker I class superfreighter came to be, with internal and external suspension field systems added to the Tiber I class modular platform, a redesign of the modular platform's bridge and a reduction of the drop pods and an increase of laser canons for the mono type point defense system were all contemplated and executed to end up with a robust, useful superfreighter that while ostensibly slower than the barebones Tiber I class modular platform, would at the very least perform as good, if not better than it's ST2000 predecessor.

Sadly one of the things that this increased use of electronics added to the list of issues with this design, was a weakness to EMP, which in itself was never a big deal for freighters with closed off compartments, but because of the suspension and magnetic fields being exposed, any company utilizing these ships should keep in mind that it is wise to avoid ships and spacial occurances that can weaponize or create such Electromagnetic Pulses on a large scale. Luckily, unlike its forebearer, the Docker I class does have a somewhat adequate weapons system, not exactly enough to make a dent into anything within its own weight class, but as part of its defense, it boasts four AFT flak turrets and the mono type point defense system coupled with ten laser canons of the type NZ LC-2A.

Out Of Character Info

Intent: To create a new freighter for the N&Z and any interested clientele
Permissions: N&Z Umbrella corporation, HPI Consortium

Technical Information

Affiliation: N&Z Umbrella Corporation
Starship Class: Other
Starship Role: Freighter
Modular: Yes
Material: Plasteel, tungstoid, durasteel, doonium, carbonite, duralium, coloan copper, electrum
Armaments: NZ ARD-1 Mono Type Point Defense System strengthened with NZ LC-2A Laser Canon x10, AFT-14.4000 FLAK turret x4
Defense Rating: Very High
Speed Rating: Low
Maneuverability Rating:: Low
Energy Resist: Very High
Kinetic Resist: High
Radiation Resist: High
Minimum Crew: 50
Optimal Crew: 250
Cargo Capacity: Very Large
Last edited:
T E R R A R I S - C O M M A N D
Factory Judge
Tertius C. Nargath Tertius C. Nargath

Very cool sub again! On thing is missing, I would like to ask you to add the following field to your sub:
  • Hangar Space: (Please provide the amount of fighters/support craft this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of advanced systems should be. )
2000m [Base: 2 | Very Low: 5 | Low: 8 | Average: 11 | High: 14 | Very High: 17 | Extreme: 20]
2500m [Base: 3 | Very Low: 6 | Low: 10 | Average: 14 | High: 18 | Very High: 22 | Extreme: 25]
3000m [Base: 3 | Very Low: 7 | Low: 12 | Average: 16 | High: 21 | Very High: 25 | Extreme: 30]
3500m [Base: 4 | Very Low: 9 | Low: 14 | Average: 19 | High: 24 | Very High: 29 | Extreme: 35]
4000m [Base: 4 | Very Low: 10 | Low: 16 | Average: 22 | High: 28 | Very High: 34 | Extreme: 40]
4500m [Base: 5 | Very Low: 11 | Low: 18 | Average: 25 | High: 32 | Very High: 39 | Extreme: 45]
5000m [Base: 5 | Very Low: 12 | Low: 20 | Average: 28 | High: 35 | Very High: 42 | Extreme: 50]
  • Hangar Allocations: (This is the allocated amounts of starfighters and support craft (dropships, shuttles,gunships,etc) this submission can hold in its hangar based on the maximum hangar space capacity listed above)
    • Starfighters: x squadrons
    • Support Craft: x squadrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom