Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory 7.0

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
I'm not sure if/when it was definitively stated, but am I correct in assuming that the changes happening to the Factory layout are purely cosmetic? I just want to verify that each detail in a factory submission is still weighted the same, and there's not a 'new' system in place. Thanks!

Theres been several “functional” changes, almost too many to count. “Weight” and “balance” are not my perception of what is important in the Factory. If possible, I aim to entirely undo and upset the excel spreadsheeters of the Factory by imposing my own view that “creativity”, “writing”, and “roleplay” come first.

So, what’s actually happening and whats actually changed so far?

The Special Features, Description, and Strengths/Weaknesses are the only parts your diving and getting really creative with. However, depending on what forum you are in, there are several required fields you need to fill out. For the most part, a lot of this is unchanged from 6.0 templates. Including functional rating systems that have been kept in place.

But they’re mostly just puff pieces. There to help you think. Most ratings do say if you choose “extreme” it needs to be justified in the description of the sub, but they’re there to help stir creativity.

Some new fields have been added. Read the patch notes in the 7.0 announcement to see what is new. And more importantly, remember the Factory exists to enhance our RP, and use it accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom