Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Formitronians

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To inhabit the world Formitron, to create a new species that will expand the galaxy just that much further.​
​Image Credit: Josh Nizzi
Canon: N/A​
GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: Formitronians​
Designation: Sentient​
Origins: Formitron
Average Lifespan: 900 years.​
Estimated Population: Planetary
Description: They are made out of Formium, a ductile metal that can be made stronger by manipulation in the force.​
their ability to shapeshift is a skill found in all Formitronians​
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
Breathes: Nothing It is not affected by such things​
Range of Height in Adults: 3.3-9.1 meters. 11 to 30 ft. average is 5.meters It becomes more and more rare the larger the size.​
note: because only being able to change shape and not mass they usually stay one height for fear of toppling over.​
Average Length of Adults: N/A​
Skin color: When they are first created they are silver. but over time they often choose to paint themselves to appear different.​
Hair color: N/A​
Distinctions:​
Being made out of Formium they have the ability to shapeshift.​
differences between male and female...well females are usually sleeker and lighter whilst men are often bulkier and heavier.​
Age is not quite as defined in Formitronian culture it's more about how you take care of yourself.​
Races: N/A​
Force Sensitivity: All
On Shapeshifting.
Their ability to shapeshift is a skill they have to learn​
At first outside of their main form, they can shapeshift themselves and eventually specific parts into basic solid objects, like a sword for a hand.​
Over time their forms can get more complex but it takes time to learn.​
{ So in RP if they can shapeshift into something extremely complex I.E extra limbs, standard fighters, specific weaponry attached to their arms Etc. Please list it.}​
Also the time it takes depends on the complexity of what they are shapeshifting into.​
spanning from a few seconds to form a sword, to a few hours to change themselves into a Standard Fighter.​
{Things they can't do...They are stuck being made of Formium, they can't shapeshift into other material, they cannot shapeshift into something with more mass.​
So space stations are definitely out of the question.}​
Strengths: Shapeshifting abilities, the ability to shapeshift Formium, and the ability to integrate technology into themselves.

Weaknesses: Corrosive materials are extremely dangerous to them, force nullification fields can be deadly. also eletrical fields are incredibly painful and yes can be deadly.
CULTURE
Diet:​
They do not have to eat but require weekly maintenance to sustain their life.​
Communication:​
Spoken language, Formitronian​
Technology level:​
They are advanced in metalworking, robotics and transportation but are completely unaware of other technological advancements​
Religion/Beliefs:​
The Celestials formed the first few Formitronians,​
because of this they view themselves above such creatures who were not as blessed.​
General behavior:​
They are diurnal, and most are entirely unaware of how an organic functions...nor do they care to.​

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Around the year 1400 BBY a once great solar system was destroyed.
the Solitari were created by the Celestials who used the remaining midichlorians to bring these beings to life.

After the Celestials left The Formitronians discovered that they could replicate this by forming a being and then transferring some of their life into it.

During the Clone Wars they were approached by both sides of the war though most stayed to live a peaceful life a few joined the C.I.S. in their struggle for independence.
That was when things went wrong, the Formitronians were viewed as a threat by chancellor Palpatine who convincing the republic and the Jedi that they were mere Droids
Sent a fleet to destroy them. The battle was short the Formitronians were not professional fighters and they were caught off guard.
After the war the Formitronian warriors returned to find their home almost completely destroyed.

During the Reign of the Empire a few Formitronians aided the rebellion, but most were to busy trying to keep their dying planet alive.
It took great efforts by the New Republic to convince any of them to fight the Yuhzan Vong...and some did, but casualties were high.
The Formitronians had had enough of it, enough of the endless wars that plagued the galaxy, enough of the organic beings who knew nothing of what it meant to be Formitronian,
So...That was it, they stayed on their planet repairing as much of it as they could but they could not go on forever, one day Formitron would die.

835 ABY Gulag Virus they didn't notice a thing except that the already few visits to the system became nonexistent.

Hey, sorry for the late reply been busy dealing with things but where are my initial thoughts on this submission.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Origins: Formitron {Link ^}
Don't need the brackets and direct us to the link, just add a link here and it should be fine.

Thalliesin Bard said:
their appearances vary but what they have in common is being formed out of metal imbued with the force and their ability to change shape at will. {not mass}
Not sure this is up to date with the Factory submission of the metal you made. Just want you to make sure that the submissions are all done with the same information so there are no confusions.

Thalliesin Bard said:
Being able to shapeshift
Big issue with stating that they can shapeshift is that this is way to vague. I need to know what they can turn into, limitations and whether it is limited to one thing that they can turn into or if they can just shapeshift into anything at will. Is it almost instant, does it take a minute, could they shapeshift into a weapon. I just need a lot more detail on this because I don't know what you are aiming for with it and I don't want it overpowered or breaking rules.

I also have to mention the biggest issue with this entire submission is that there is too much similarity with the Transformers. I can see what you want to get but there has to be some changes to avoid copyright and this submission being completely written off. The civil war between two factions, that is too similar to the Autobots and Decepticons, this needs to change either it could be made factions over many years, not exist and there was something else that has made the race cautious and such. Perhaps a cataclysmic event that happened to the planet that changed the races perceptions on things. The other big issue is the Core being the religion and what brings the Formitronians to life, this is similar to the Allspark in Tranformers and will have to be changed to something else. I am happy with keeping the shapeshifting and Force sensitivity but needs a lot more detail in this.

You look at approved submissions to see some of the detail usually made in these submissions if that helps, there are some submissions that are inspired by other franchises and you can see how they have made them unique and such, if you want links then you can DM me and I will give the links to you.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Hey, sorry for the late reply been busy dealing with things but where are my initial thoughts on this submission.

Don't need the brackets and direct us to the link, just add a link here and it should be fine.

Very well It will be done.

Not sure this is up to date with the Factory submission of the metal you made. Just want you to make sure that the submissions are all done with the same information so there are no confusions.

Also will be done.

Big issue with stating that they can shapeshift is that this is way to vague. I need to know what they can turn into, limitations and whether it is limited to one thing that they can turn into or if they can just shapeshift into anything at will. Is it almost instant, does it take a minute, could they shapeshift into a weapon. I just need a lot more detail on this because I don't know what you are aiming for with it and I don't want it overpowered or breaking rules.

So...I am not sure what is too overpowered, or what is against the rules beyond banned species and licensed characters.

I also have to mention the biggest issue with this entire submission is that there is too much similarity with the Transformers. I can see what you want to get but there has to be some changes to avoid copyright and this submission being completely written off. The civil war between two factions, that is too similar to the Autobots and Decepticons, this needs to change either it could be made factions over many years, not exist and there was something else that has made the race cautious and such. Perhaps a cataclysmic event that happened to the planet that changed the races perceptions on things. The other big issue is the Core being the religion and what brings the Formitronians to life, this is similar to the Allspark in Tranformers and will have to be changed to something else. I am happy with keeping the shapeshifting and Force sensitivity but needs a lot more detail in this.

I will definitely work on it.

You look at approved submissions to see some of the detail usually made in these submissions if that helps, there are some submissions that are inspired by other franchises and you can see how they have made them unique and such, if you want links then you can DM me and I will give the links to you.

Thank you for everything, you have been very helpful [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Thalliesin Bard said:
Everything else honestly being in the unknown regions I couldn't find anything in the timelines that they could really be affected by.
Don't need this. The background is fine.

With the shapeshifting, what spacecraft can they turn into, just a standard fighter. What are the complex things they can turn into? I know you want to keep it open but I do need details to avoid people abusing this.

[member="Thalliesin Bard"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom