Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG "Just some good old bad guy busting..." - Looking for an antagonist!

Hey there! My character Dice Thorne is inspired from traditional Sunday morning heroes. He's smug, he's arrogant, he's about to be eighteen - the worlds on his shoulders and despite the pushback he does it for the good of others. Sound familiar?

I'm no stranger to dark stories - my other character Vergessen Contii has been in a few violent skirmishes already, and it's been a blast.
I'm open to brainstorming anything, but the theme still remains -

Me versus You. Or Me versus Him versus The Other Person... Depends on the reception!

Good evening!
Would your smug, gauntlented gung-ho guy wish to start beef with a Sith Detective?
Sounds great! Any chance you could give me a little sample of what your character does in his line of work? And how would that converge with our two characters meeting? I've got some ideas, but please let me know what you're thinking.

Trayze Tesar

Sounds great! Any chance you could give me a little sample of what your character does in his line of work? And how would that converge with our two characters meeting? I've got some ideas, but please let me know what you're thinking.
Trayze Tesar is a Lt. Inspector and Fleet Captain Under Marque - or to put it in plain English, a jumped up gumshoe with a fleet. Seeing as you're affiliated with the "Darkwire", your wretched band of brigands noble freedom fighters no doubt would be a thorn in the side of the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan.

Most notable would be his (albeit OOCly incomplete) squashing of the Kathol Resistance, though his personal best is fighting a certain Valery Noble with only excessive internal bleeding, full body burns, and whatever else results from somehow turning your lightsaber into a bomb.

With this in mind, would you prefer ship to ship shenanigans, or something more planetside?

Trayze Tesar is a Lt. Inspector and Fleet Captain Under Marque - or to put it in plain English, a jumped up gumshoe with a fleet. Seeing as you're affiliated with the "Darkwire", your wretched band of brigands noble freedom fighters no doubt would be a thorn in the side of the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan.

Most notable would be his (albeit OOCly incomplete) squashing of the Kathol Resistance, though his personal best is fighting a certain Valery Noble with only excessive internal bleeding, full body burns, and whatever else results from somehow turning your lightsaber into a bomb.

With this in mind, would you prefer ship to ship shenanigans, or something more planetside?
I'll quickly stop you at "darkwire" and say Dice isn't an integrated member... At least not yet. His father was hinted to be loosely affiliated through his personal protection of Neskar and other Outer Rim Territories. Dice is a "substitute" guardian since he takes on the role as a freedom fighting hero in place of his father, but in reality, he's more of a vigilante at the moment, and is a little ignorant of greater issues or conflicts.

Do you mind elaborating on "ship to ship" for me? I'm keen for any kind of backdrop. It doesn't even need to be all physical combat - it could be more dignitary, since Dice also has an entourage of intelligent partners helping him that try to help other people in more political ways.

Trayze Tesar

I'll quickly stop you at "darkwire" and say Dice isn't an integrated member... At least not yet. His father was hinted to be loosely affiliated through his personal protection of Neskar and other Outer Rim Territories. Dice is a "substitute" guardian since he takes on the role as a freedom fighting hero in place of his father, but in reality, he's more of a vigilante at the moment, and is a little ignorant of greater issues or conflicts.

Do you mind elaborating on "ship to ship" for me? I'm keen for any kind of backdrop. It doesn't even need to be all physical combat - it could be more dignitary, since Dice also has an entourage of intelligent partners helping him that try to help other people in more political ways.
Ah, my mistake.

As for Ship-to-Ship, I wasn't sure if your character had a little freighter to call his own, and who would be politely asked to pull over by a Sith Frigate with Trayze at the helm.
Though if combat isn't quite to your speed, I'm certainly fine with the more social aspects - seeing how two may chafe or coordinate with one another.

Oh, combat is my favorite. As for the ship-to-ship scenario, we can still make that work, since the Thorne clan owns a relatively unique barge. Let me explain.

It can fire drop-pods. I do not kid. The barge is a modified VCX-100 light freighter integrated with parts picked clean from scrapped battle-racing ships from the Neskar station. The bottom of the ship protrudes the barrel of a reticle-assisted cannon to fire the drop-pod directly down towards the surface of a planet. Dice uses this to get into the heat of battle as soon as he can, but the drop-pods can also be used to pierce the veils of dangerous atmospheres or armored fortresses.

Dice gets his brother Specs to operate complicated machinery for him. He's like his "man in the chair" so to speak. We just have to brainstorm the context for us meeting. Does your character have any motivation to be investigating the Outer Rim Territories?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom