Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Once Boy, Now Man | Jasper Kai'el NJO Departure

cUJ0IMR.png

Once Boy, Now Man
Coruscant, Jedi Temple Steps
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Open to NJO

QMYkguM.png

A crowd had gathered on the war-torn steps of the Jedi Temple. It was not a sizable one, given the destruction that had befallen the planet, but it was just enough Jedi to give the impression that something of great importance was occuring. Jasper Kai'el. The Sentinel of Harmony. He had gathered them here. There was a murmer amongst them of what it may be. It wasn't long before the man himself was present before them, standing at the top of the temple steps...

He was thinking back on his life, perhaps a bit scatterbrained for what it was he had called people here for.

His heart was pounding in his chest, his life flashing before his eyes moment after moment. Crashing and burning, twisted by Carnifex, sharing a pizza with Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo , wandering the underbelly with Jand Talo Jand Talo , sparring Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , a broken boy being put back together by Iris Arani Iris Arani , Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan kissing him out of nowhere at that awful gala. And the little ones, Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto ... not that they were little anymore. His own students in Braze Braze , Lilise Lilise , Maran Maran . Mentours like Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo ...

Valery Noble. Had he made her proud?

Jasper knew what he had come here to do. Visions clouded his dreams, terrible things out beyond the walled garden of the Core. He had been dragging his heels, certain that without his presence Coruscant... his home... would fall. Now he saw the truth for what it was. Coruscant could stand on its own. The New Jedi Order could stand on its own. They did not need a Sentinel of Harmony to guide them. Even his beloved Shield Core was engineered to be self-sufficient, working to rebuild and provide aid without his presence. The Jedi Knight knew where the Force was calling him now.

But could he walk away?

"Thank you all... for being here," Jasper sighed. He was struggling to face his peers now. Those he had been asked to lead. "I... this..." A pause for breath. "I'm sorry. This is very abrupt. I want to start by thanking you all. The sacrifice and bravery of those who stand here with me and those who don't... they are what Coruscant has to thank for its freedom. The work is not over. Just as I have done before, I ask you all to continue the path of reconstruction and healing, as was done after the Brotherhood of the Maw. I... am afraid, however, that it is a path I can no longer walk with you."

A murmer spread across those present. Jasper could feel a heavy weight building in his throat. It was as though his tongue was eager to fall out and run away at any moment.

"Visions... have plagued my mind," he stated. "The Force has been calling me away... There is a mission I must persue, yet even so I have held myself back. Held myself here. I naively believed that I could not let the New Jedi Order and my home here on Coruscant go. You needed me. We are inseparable. That was not the case. I needed you all. It was this place, this order... which gave me purpose. Let me redefine myself. Carry out the greatest works of my life. Everything clawing in the pit of my stomach told me I was holding on too tightly. That I had formed an obsession. I stand before you all today and affirm that to be true. The Force has made it clear to me that my place is away... away from my home. It is time for me to let go. As of this moment, declared here to you all in earnest... I step down from my position on the Jedi Council as the Sentinel of Harmony."

He had said it. A wave of dred suddenly flooded out of his system in an instant, the relief slowly taking over in a way he had never quite experienced in his life. It didn't matter what they thought of him now. Jasper Kai'el stood before them having faced the greatest trial of his life. Nothing before had prepared him for this, not any of the heartache, trauma, invasive visions, death and dying... It was the hardest thing he knew he had to do: Let go of the thing he loved. Jasper loved the New Jedi Order and everyone in it. Too much. He would keep his love, but he could not let it consume him any further. Balance meant accepting it, coexisting with it, but ultimately moving on from it. It was time.

A weary smile spread across his face.

"I would like to thank you all," the knight finally exhaled. "You will always be very dear friends of mine."

7VaB1in.png
TAG: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Jonyna hadn't had the time to spend too much time with Jasper.

Still, the resignation of a Council Member was earthshaking. It meant another part of the life she had come to value, her new life, was going to change.

She watched as Jasper made his speech, making it known. It was a shock, but clearly not one made impulsively.

She couldn't help but wonder where he was going next. Where his visions would lead him. Would she ever see him again? Would he be taking Braze Braze ? All these questions, and yet she knew it was not her time to ask.

Braze stood present for his Master, watching and listening with rapt attention. His eyes were fixed intently on Jasper, absorbing every word spoken. Today, his attire was a marked difference from the elaborate and fine silks he often adorned. Instead, he was dressed in simple, dark garb that was loose and flowing, far more humble and less flashy than typical. He had chosen a dark cloak to wrap over his plain attire, with the hood pulled up, allowing his pale jade green eyes to glint from below. He remained silent and calm, a steadfast presence, completely in tune with the moment. Each word from Jasper seemed to strike a chord within him, as if he was soaking up every word an internalizing it.

If the abyss stares at you, don't blink

LOCATION : Jedi Temple Steps | OBJECTIVE : Watching in disbelief
TAG (FRIENDLY) : Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Open | TAG (FOE) : @​

jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

Repli Implants that would be for the limbs

Bonemer enhancements to strengthen structure of the body

Muscle enhancements.

Hemo enhancements for blood flow

Hawkeye implants for eyes

Advanced Medical Implant

Scentzy

2HQjV5Q.png
In my experience,
when you think you
understand the Force,
you realize just
how little you know"
[COMM TRAFFIC]

Connel didn't know Jasper, other than his station on the Jedi Council. Father had told him a story about the Knights first assignment after being Knighted, but clarified that he was told this second- hand so not to judge off of that. The younger Vanagor took that to heart just like he was told. So what of it was true? Things happen. Anyway, the guy more than made up for it. Listening to the speech, arms folded, Connel felt he should be sad about this but he didn't. Nothing against Jasper at all, but he earned the right to walk away. Every Jedi does.

When he processed the former "Sentinel of Harmony"''s speech, Connel had done the only thing that came to mind.

Walking up a few feet in front of him, Connel dropped to one knee and bowed his head in respect. It was a gesture he learned from a history lesson from Mother. The Jed'ai of Tython thousands of years ago did this when a colleague "left"(died, but this was still a meaningful chance to do this).

bEfqsjA.jpeg

Last edited:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Knight Kai'el had taught Shan plenty of important skills that even to this day, Shan still treasured above most of what he had learned. He had always known that Jasper would be there if Shan had really needed the Knight, so it only made sense that he would be here now, listening to the man's words. A small furrow across his brows as Shan folded his arms along his front.

It was hard to see one of the people who stood up to Shan's ideal of the Jedi, one that was a role model for him, state that they were leaving the Order. Shan had debated taking a temporary leave of the Order to go and study to become a Doctor. But there had been a growing voice in the back of his mind debating if he should leave the Order such as how Jasper was himself. But that was something that deserved more thought. And either way, he still had to teach Zaiya as much as he could.

He listened. Even as Jasper finished off his words, Shan listened to the silence for a moment. Mulling things over in his mind. Turning his head over towards the man kneeling in front of Jasper, he debated if that was something he should follow through with as well but that was something that didn't quite suit Shan. Instead he reached down his side, taking his lightsaber and holding it aloft before igniting the green blade up in the air. Shan had used to think that being a weapon wasn't something good. That fighting couldn't bring about anything good. But Jasper had shown and taught him otherwise. So it only made sense that Shan would use that which he used to see as only a weapon, as a sign of respect to the ex-Sentinel of Harmony.

Z9U36lL.png
Ko was among one of the members of the crowd. Jumping at the opportunity here to barely indulge himself. Having missed the opportunities earlier trying to aid however he could in the rescue. I stood there on the battered steps of the temple. His blindness largely obscured the damage caused to the building, to his home. He hadn’t been inside since the battle started.

In his clawed grip he held a cool beverage, a can of ice tea. Idly sipping on it through a straw, a minor treat for himself to enjoy while he could. Ko wasn’t really sure what was happening, until Jasper spoke up to address them all.

Ko was pretty shocked to hear what the fellow Knight had to say. Ko had presumed that Jasper would work tirelessly again like he had back in the reconstruction effort after the Second Great Hyperspace War. In fact it was Jedi like Jasper and the Shield Corp he created that had been a huge inspiration for Ko when he was younger. That even though he was just a farmer, diligently growing grain to counter famine in the aftermath of the war, and now on the front lines as many other jedi had, that he was still contributing to the greater mission of the NJO. He wasn’t just some washup on a farm.

Not only but Ko felt like he had the older knight to thank for his life. The critical time he taught Ko soft to solid kept him from perishing in orbit over Ryloth against the warrior Domina Prime Domina Prime . It seemed he had a fair bit to be grateful for because of the now former Sentinel of Harmony. He trusted Japser's judgment, sure that he was on the right path wherever he chose to go next.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Closed

qyeuyxa.png

Delta-7

Jalen let out a sigh as he stood in the crowd around the temple.

This day had been coming for a while now. He had known as much. Jalen was here to be in solidarity with his older brother now, the knowledge that they wouldn't be seeing much of each other for a while coming with it. His aura was warm... there was nobody in the galaxy that he respected or would ever respect more in his life. That was a truth that Jalen Kai'el would take to his grave.

"Take care, brother," Jalen muttered, a gentle smile on his face.

He vanished into the crowd.

Amani was among those who had gathered at the steps of the temple. She was in the middle of overseeing the field hospital that had assembled here in the aftermath of the battle, when a crowd had begun to form. Jasper, it seemed, was the one who had initiated this assembly. She stepped out to watch, and though she had no knowledge of this prior, she felt in her stomach what was about to come, the moment he started speaking.

A member of the Council was publicly stepping down. Jasper admitted to his own reluctance, but believed that the Force demanded his presence elsewhere. Amani simply crossed her arms and listened. It was a bittersweet event. He had come far with the Jedi, and while they had won the battle of Coruscant, it was still a disastrous event that would require the Alliance's unity. It felt wrong to draw attention to it out loud, but his leaving would likely hurt the morale of the Order at a time like this.

So she kept her mouth shut, and let those closer to him express their gratitude and hopes for the future. If the Force needed Jasper elsewhere, then perhaps it would indeed be for the best. No one could, or should, ultimately stop him from following this path. Should he happen to glance Amani's way, she would offer only an affirming nod. He had come onto the Council shortly after she had, and accomplished much himself in a relatively short amount of time. He may not have be the 'Sentinel of Harmony' anymore, but he would always be a Jedi; One who had earned the eternal thanks of the people with which he served.

Good luck, Jasper Kai'el. And may the Force be with you.

in the footsteps of a stranger

BvwQN4I.png
Visions.

So he dealt with them too. She hoped for him that his were not quite so Dark as hers, and for herself that hers wouldn't drive her to leave the Order. The Force had molded her will and brought her back to the Core before its hour of greatest need in recent galactic history. Though it seemed to have passed with the Dark Empire's unexpected defeat here, there was still the business of rebuilding Coruscant to attend to, to say nothing of the liberation of Tython and surely pushing back on the northeastern borders. The war at home was far from won. She couldn't leave for it for her excavations and cultural experiences now, but that didn't make Jasper wrong for leaving.

No, it made him strong. Like some in attendance, she didn't know him well at all, but could feel his resolve. It fed hers though their paths diverged: his towards his new calling; hers, away from hers.

Meeting Malva'ikh Dralidok Malva'ikh Dralidok again in the Temple had changed her mind. She'd do her best to keep her distance from the origin of her visions—both his Sith dagger and tainted worlds on which its previous owners may have forged the memories within—though she didn't expect such a strategy to garner much success.

Last edited:

wjujCZT.png
At the bottom of the steps, Cora stood among Jasper's gathered friends with somber eyes. He'd been one of the first to befriend her in the Order, a guiding, brotherly figure who'd helped to bring her back into the fold after the Ukatis debacle.

Jasper felt that he was being called elsewhere, and Cora felt a kinship in that. The Force would guide him, just as it had guided her to her to Ukatis during their time of need, then back to the Jedi.

Still, it was hard to see him go. Cora let a wave of grief wash over her, allowing it to conjure some formative memories of Knight Kai'el. Their little chat over pizza, the cloning vat, even when he'd joined the Masters Noble and Desric to free her.

In the various gestures of respect that were offered, Cora stepped forward and placed a hand on Jasper's shoulder. She smiled, sad but hopeful.

"Go in good health. If you have need of us, you know where we are, Jasper. Do try to check in when you can."

She squeezed his shoulder, then stepped away.

Dc6pDtW.png

Objective: Wish Jasper goodbye
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

M977SXg.png

At the back of the crowd, a lone figure was watching from a distance.

It wasn't new to Silas watching a Jedi take a different path, but when it came to a friend like Jasper making that choice it would have been a lie to say it didn't hurt. Even so, he was proud of the person Jasper had become from the first time they met all those years ago. He remembered the times they took down Sith, battled in competitive arcade battles, and helped push each other to their best. It was going to be strange not seeing Jasper regularly, but he was willing to pay that price for Jasper to be more at peace.

Throughout most people's lives, friends grow distant or ride a different wave eventually. Some friends may disappear into the sunset, but the good ones hold those memories close to their hearts and remember the individual who made them feel happy once upon a time. Jasper was one of them, and when they finally met again somewhere down the road Silas was more than happy to reminisce like old times. Until then, he was going to let him have this moment with the people he loved most.

Looking straight at him with pride, he smiled and briefly bowed his head with a tear in his eye.

<"Until next time, my friend">

Amongst the crowd that had gathered for Jasper’s announcement, a small droid was gently bobbing up and down. Her name was Dottie (or ‘Dot-Dot’ as Cass had named her as an infant). The emotive droid was a familiar sight for anyone who had crossed paths with Kara over the past number of years. Initially Dottie had been around to keep Cass company when he was very young, eventually graduating into a ‘guardian’ of sorts, once he was old enough to be more independent.

Because knowing how much mischief she got up to at his age, Kara wasn’t going to take any chances. Not that it really stopped her son from getting into trouble either way.

She still swore that her son and Dottie had struck some kind of deal.

In the wake of the Dark Empire’s retreat from Coruscant, Kara had dispatched Dottie to the planet to assist in the rescue operations. As much as she had been a glorified babysitter originally, Dottie was outfitted sufficiently to aid finding those trapped under rubble.

Kara diverted her away for a short while, intending on observing to see what Jasper’s supposed announcement was. And after hearing his words, the blonde Jedi wanted nothing more than to give him a hug.

She too had to change the path she was walking, twice in fact. First time was discovering her Force sensitivity late in life, then when she had given birth to Cass. Eventually Kara had hit a point where she had to choose between her duties as a Jedi, and properly raising her son.

Kara knew the mixture of emotions that had likely been swirling in Jasper since he started having the visions. That tug of war between doing what you felt was right, against not wanting to leave the present behind. But having been a Padawan at the same time as Jasper, watching as he grew alongside their peers, Kara wasn’t surprised by his resolve.

After Cora had stepped away, Dottie came hovering over to the young man. Her ‘ears’ flapped happily as she greeted him. A few moments later, the small holo-projector whirled to life, showing a projection of Kara, from the top of her head to just past her shoulders.

Her hair had gotten longer, presently tied into a messy bun. And her face carried a few more lines than before. Which were totally not as a result of having to wrangle her son during his infant years.

You’re following your heart Jasper, doing what you feel is best. So never doubt that you are doing the right thing. The Force will always be with you, as would any of us should you ever need help.” Kara smiled at her fellow Jedi. “That and well, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the galactic woods, you’re always welcome to visit.

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Double-Bladed Lightsaber

She was proud.

A Jedi's duty, first and foremost, was to serve the Force and this was no easy thing when that path called you away from the familiar. From friends, family and even a place he had called home for many years. It showed a kind of courage that not all Jedi possessed, and to her, it showed just how much he had grown since she first met him. Even if he left the Temple behind now, he'd always be welcome back if he so desired.

But most of all, he'd always remain a Jedi.

"It's good to see that so many came to wish you well on your journey," Valery began when she stepped through the crowd to reach him. "For now, your path ahead means goodbye, but you're always welcome here and perhaps one day, we'll be standing here to welcome you back." She smiled and looked him in the eyes for a moment. Whether he'd be gone for a year, 10 years or for the rest of his life, she'd never forget him.

She'd never stop being proud.

"But before you go, there is one last thing I'd like to do. For many years, you've been among our finest Jedi Knights — a member of the Council and a source of guidance and kindness to all Jedi. With this step, you've proven yet again just how much you've developed yourself as a Jedi, and it's for that reason I can't allow you to leave as a Jedi Knight."

Valery smirked and waited, allowing either confusion or understanding to linger before she'd make a final decision for his time as a member of the New Jedi Order.

"I'd like to wish you a good journey ahead, Master Jasper Kai'el."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el @everybody else

cUJ0IMR.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Steps
Tags: Everyone

QMYkguM.png

"Go in good health. If you have need of us, you know where we are, Jasper. Do try to check in when you can."
<"Until next time, my friend">
You’re following your heart Jasper, doing what you feel is best. So never doubt that you are doing the right thing. The Force will always be with you, as would any of us should you ever need help.

Jasper couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. What did he even say? To any of them? And then to see all of the signs of respect in the crowd... Amani Serys Amani Serys , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor ... Some he knew well. Some he didn't. It hardly mattered. They stood together here with a connection that couldn't quite be explained. Perhaps it was natural. After all, the Force moved through them all in a mysterious way.

"Thank you..." he muttered. "I..."

He wouldn't get through what he was trying to say. The words of his mentor took him out of the sentance. To hear every word come out of her mouth be laced with pride... it was everything that Jasper thought he ever wanted to hear from her. Until...

"I'd like to wish you a good journey ahead, Master Jasper Kai'el."

Master... Master Jasper Kai'el. The Knight- no, Master felt his knees buckle. It was almost as though the weight of an entire planet had fallen on his shoulders. The burden of his efforts finally making themselves known. Everything that Jasper had ever done lead him here. To this moment. What did he even say? It was an honor so unexpected that the Jedi was certain that, even for all of his efforts, he wouldn't likely see the rank of master for ten more years down the road.

"Valery..." Jasper began again. "I... I always wanted to be just like you as a kid. I swear on every fiber of my being that I'll be a Jedi Master worthy of their title... that you can be proud of."

Jasper drew a weapon off his back... his energy bow. He still remembered the day he got it, when he and Silas stood down Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn on Panatha. A young padawan took it home and turned it into something new, utilizing it for a new purpose. It had seen the Brotherhood of the Maw and the New Imperial Order, and now...

"Give this to Vera," he instructed. "Tell her I'll see her again..."

He offered a warm smile to Valery, turned briefly to give Corazona a pat on the shoulder, then stepped out to the edge of the steps. Braze Braze was there, as always. His heart swelled with pride. Everyone he could have ever asked for was right here with him.

And he stood before them a Jedi Master.

gDn2OUr.jpeg
Tag: Efret Farr Efret Farr

If she were to be honest, Astri didn't really understand the implications of Knight—now Master—Kai'el leaving the Council and the Order. She had never had the pleasure of meeting the man. And, as a newcomer to the Jedi, she wasn't even entirely sure who made up the Council, or what they did aside from being in charge of the Order. So much of the Jedi, their traditions, their organization, and their structure was a mystery to her—some neophyte who'd only come to the Order as it was under siege.

She was here because Master Farr was here.

After everything that had happened during the Battle for Coruscant, Astri had attached herself to the Jedi Master's side. It was the only place she felt safe, now that she had experienced the Temple being laid to ruin. The memories of that day still haunted her in her nightmares. Maybe it haunted Master Kai'el too. Maybe that was why he was leaving.

Or maybe she was just projecting her own trauma onto him. She'd read a psychology book or two in her time. That was a pretty normal thing for traumatized people to do.

<What he do now?> Astri signed to her not-quite-Master, <what Jedi do if leave Order?>

BvwQN4I.png

On second thought, though she cared for it profusely, Coruscant wasn't her home. She was only trying to convince herself of it. Instead...

<"Bogano my home. It your home now, too. As much time you-need.">

...the life and light and laughter she had found atop the limestone of Bogano felt like hau kāinga. She shouldn't have left it behind, even for what she had been, and still was, convinced to be the best of reasons, but could she go back now? She was arguably more broken than when Elias had received her after Jedha. The last message she wanted to give him was that all he was to her was a healer. That—well, that just wasn't true.

What more he was to her she had captured in a dozen stanzas of poetry within her field journal, written over the entire time she had known him. Despite that, though, she wasn't giving how she felt the name it deserved.

She looked down at Astri, watched her questions, and smiled. <I don't-know,> she admitted. <Jedi obey the-Force but make own destiny also.> Her smile took on a edge of sorrow. <Whatever do him, not very different-than path ahead you. We need go-to #Prosperity soon.> As soon, actually, as she could get its location from Val. She and BB-610 had not too long ago pulled the grandmaster out of the Temple rubble. Though Val was up and attending to business like this now, Efret still wanted to give her some time to ease herself up to her full strength.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
OUR PATHS WILL CROSS AGAIN

JEDI TEMPLE STEPS TEMPLE DISTRICT CORUSCANT
VVVDHjr.png
Ichika Masudo had spent more time away from the temple than in it, particularly as of late. The once-impending and now warded off threat to Coruscant from the darkness that had bloomed in the Core had set her mind to a sabbatical of indeterminate length from her duties within the broader mental health community of the ecumenopolis, with the aim of picking up her swords in defense of the Alliance and the New Jedi Order once again.

But those plans had been temporarily set aside when that corrupted Empire made its move, and she found herself all too easily roped into ensuring the safety of patients and her non-Jedi peers. With the battle concluded and the designs of the Dark routed, there was still work to do before she could shift her priorities in full to being a Jedi first and foremost, but things were at a point now where she could easily excuse herself to see an old friend off on the next length of his journey.

She had heard his pronouncement from a short distance away, and arrived at the steps of the beleaguered temple just in time to witness Jasper being recognised as a Master, which brought the small yet genuine smile to her rosy face; finally, he had ascended. She knew it had only been a matter of time. Then, when there was space for her to approach, Ichika ascended the steps with the same steady grace she has always possessed, and soon was before him, offering no less than a full bow.

Congratulations, Master Kai'el,” her hands remained folded before her, as resumed standing tall, “I- we could not have foreseen such a day as this, but--” a faint frown ghosted over her lips, “--that’s true in many ways.

A statement that needed no exposition; she didn't come here to be sad. This wasn't goodbye - by the Force she prayed it wasn't… and it was somehow fortunate to not know the true end of one's journey? A little shake of her ashen-haired head to disabuse her thoughts of such subjects, and wearing a new little smile, she pressed on.

What was that phrase?” She pondered aloud, “Ah, ‘don't be a stranger’?” that was the one, “So… don't. If you write, I will cherish it." Even if it was holomail! "And should you need to talk--”

Though it didn't need saying - her door was always open - she nonetheless felt the need to impress it upon him. Her smile warmed, but the feeling was bittersweet.

“--I will listen. As a friend.” That clarification was important. “お元気で, Jasper.”

NnAyHNJ.png

Last edited:

gDn2OUr.jpeg
Tag: Efret Farr Efret Farr

The Prosperity.

It was, supposedly, the current Jedi headquarters, and where the other Younglings and Padawans were being sequestered. A cold, metal ship floating in space. It really screamed "home sweet home," didn't it? Not for the first time, Astri felt miserable for ever having been brought to the Jedi. The Order was supposed to be a place where she would be safe: learning how to control her abilities so that she didn't hurt others. But it hadn't been. Coruscant, the very heart of the Galactic Alliance, had been besieged.

And the Jedi Temple had been laid to ruin.

That wasn't very "safe," now was it?

Astri bit her lip. There had been a reason for her question; a reason she had asked what a Jedi could do after leaving the Order. Because right now, after what she'd been forced through, Astri Elyse did not want to be a Jedi. She wanted to be as far away from the Order as she could possibly get. As far away from the danger.

She just wanted to go home. Master Farr alone was the reason she'd stayed. She was kinder than anyone had ever been to her. But could that make up for the danger she'd been put in? Astri didn't know.

But she knew she was afraid.

<What if I want to return to Eshan?>

BvwQN4I.png
Efret signed <Absolutely not> in her head.

Instead, she reached out to bring Astri into a hug. After holding her gently for a few long moments, Efret drew back and said, <I sorry you saw Angry Braid-back-of-head.> Even if she didn't know his spoken name, she could still give him a sign one. <He my demon, not yours. Came for me. He find you on #Prosperity never. On #Eshan, don't-know.> It was so close to one of the northeastern borders the Galactic Alliance shared with the Dark Empire.

She sighed, looking back to Jasper but keeping one hand around Astri's shoulders and continuing to address her. <Your choice go where. But I prefer somewhere safe.> Maybe that desire was selfish. Efret knew what her not-quite padawan was thinking without her having to say it, nor without reading her mind. Fright and apprehension were coming off her in waves.

For now, Efret did nothing to stop up their flow.

She believed that, in most cases, it was best to let one experience less desirable emotions until they passed naturally rather than trying to rip them away. Efret was confident that underneath Astri's was a shining determination to become a Jedi, even if she was considering giving up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom