Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Possible Flower Contest Idea

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

Codex Contest: The Secret Language of Flowers

I had an idea to use flowers and plants that already exist in the codex, or encourage new submissions through this contest. I want to highlight and expand on the flora within our universe, but also motivate the creation of fresh, original entries.

Below is what I've put together as an example.
dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Pitch:
In the galaxy far, far away, communication isn't limited to words, actions, or even the Force. For those in the know, the delicate petals of flowers can carry messages of love, deception, hope, and sorrow. We're inviting you to contribute to the creation of a more enriched language of flowers in the Star Wars universe. This is your chance to define the meaning, lore, and significance behind the flora that characters from every corner of the galaxy might use to express the unspeakable.

Whether it's a blossom native to the deserts of Tatooine, the forests of Endor, or the jungles of Felucia, your contribution will help create a secret code of floral communication that resonates across the stars.

Example Entry Table:

Name of Flower / Botanical NameVisual DescriptionPlanet of OriginHabitatUnique PropertiesMeaning / Symbolism / Cultural Significance / Implied MessageCodex Link
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH][B]Name of Flower / Botanical Name[/B][/TH]
[TH][B]Visual Description[/B][/TH]
[TH][B]Planet of Origin[/B][/TH]
[TH][B]Habitat[/B][/TH]
[TH][B]Unique Properties[/B][/TH]
[TH][B]Meaning / Symbolism / Cultural Significance / Implied Message[/B][/TH]
[TH][B]Codex Link[/B][/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Submission Format:

ddjawcd-02924547-9f94-42dd-8d1a-7a9846db1c5c.png
Please submit your entry using the following format:

• Name of Flower / Botanical Name: The name of your flower in Basic or another language. If possible, include its scientific or botanical name.
  • Visual Description: Provide a detailed description of the flower's appearance, including color, shape, size, and any unique features such as bioluminescence, fragrance, or special textures.
  • Planet of Origin: Indicate the planet where the flower is native. If it's found on multiple planets, list them all.
  • Habitat: Describe the specific environment where this flower grows, such as high-altitude meadows, dense jungles, desert plains, or underwater fields.
  • Unique Properties: Detail any special features or abilities the flower may have, such as medicinal uses, glowing petals, or a scent that affects those who smell it.
  • Meaning / Symbolism / Cultural Significance / Implied Message: Explain what this flower represents or symbolizes. How is it used culturally or symbolically? What message might someone convey by giving or displaying this flower?
  • Codex Link: Provide a link to your submission on the Star Wars Chaos RP forums.

Submission Process:

ddjawcd-02924547-9f94-42dd-8d1a-7a9846db1c5c.png
  1. Create Your Entry: Fill out the table format above with your flower's details.
  2. Post Your Entry: Submit your entry as a new post under the designated contest thread.
  3. Review and Feedback: Our panel of judges will review each submission based on creativity, adherence to Star Wars lore, and the richness of the flower's description and symbolism.
  4. Deadline: All entries must be submitted by [Insert Deadline Here / To be Added ]. Late submissions may not be considered.

Braze Braze

I think this is a lovely idea :) - For the record you don't have to ask to put up a contest though I'd be happy to facilitate if you'd rather not run it yourself.

Let me know!

I'm not great with responsibility, but I'd love to contribute in any way I can. I'd be thrilled to assist or let you take the lead in facilitating this project. My idea is to compile a cool booklet—a reference guide for the language of flowers—once all the submissions are in. Think of it as a 'Flower Codex' or dictionary! The meanings don't all have to be cutesy or romantic either; feel free to get creative and go wild with your ideas.

I'm happy to help organize the booklet and create badges, but if you'd prefer to handle that, I'm totally fine with it too.

suggestions for fun badges :

• di3ce6c-5c27f06d-606e-4c07-8f38-62586b945edd.gif

• Petal Pioneer

Last edited:
I'm not great with responsibility, but I'd love to contribute in any way I can. I'd be thrilled to assist or let you take the lead in facilitating this project. My idea is to compile a cool booklet—a reference guide for the language of flowers—once all the submissions are in. Think of it as a 'Flower Codex' or dictionary! The meanings don't all have to be cutesy or romantic either; feel free to get creative and go wild with your ideas.

I'm happy to help organize the booklet and create badges, but if you'd prefer to handle that, I'm totally fine with it too.

suggestions for fun badges :
  • Garden Guardian
  • Petal Pioneer

This jives ♡ - I'll follow up in DM and see how we can Starwarsify it a little bit more but this is an extremely solid base.

I really like the idea of making a "booklet" so to speak and the names for the badges are a great start. Thank you for reaching out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom