Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progressing as a member of the Covenant

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
So much has been written and has confused, so here is a definitive steer on what you have to do to progress your character if you’re a member of the Covenant. This is applicable if you're a Sith or a Dark Jedi that wishes to progress in ranks through the Sisterhood.

As a Padawan or Acolyte, this is likely your first venture into the world of The Force. And advice is invariably mixed, so here is a quick and one-stop guide.

1. Do I need a Master?

No.

You can reach Knight level without one and many have. If you’d like to RP a Master and Padawan/Acolyte relationship then that’s wonderful – but in no way essential for progression.

2. Do I need to do training threads to progress?

No.

Some people like to do them, especially if one day they may be asked by their own Padawan/Acolyte to train them in a given Ability, but there is no site rule that says you have to have done a training thread to use an Ability. Some people like to be trained, and again, that’s absolutely fine, the choice is yours.

The Abilities you can use simply need to be appropriate for your level e.g. rarely do Padawans use Battle Meditation – but a famous one did of course!

3. Do I need to have a list of my Abilities?

No.

There’s a theme emerging! We have a tracker on this site if that’s something you’d like to keep up to date for your own records – but once more an option for you to choose if you wish. No more.

4. Do I need to keep a list of threads up to date?

Yes.

Sorry to break the trend. When it comes to progression to Knight and to Master/Lord, it’s expected to be able to see how the character has developed since being a Padawan/Acolyte.

5. How do I progress to Knight?

If you have a Master, they should put you forward to the FA team. If you don’t have one, PM me. If you’ve shown development then it should be a straightforward process.

There is no requirement for x abilities or y threads or z posts.

6. How do I progress to Master/Lord?

Again, if you have a mentor, they are likely to put you forward for a Master/Lord vote (other Masters here get to decide before the site RPJs confirm or deny). If you don’t have one, PM me.

If any other questions get posted, I’ll expand on this FAQ to cover it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom