Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Proper Memories JJE/NJO

How we do anything is how we do everything.

yvm8HTs.png

-vip7FLqpLImvRjkSUIaMtXlE2bHtidBAgDswVMGYmbNeQDW73k90gnygvUKoLwI2Kn40m3hHWpC57rtnnZW2d8f2zyf7UbXbB9XrxRnPC75jXmzhKzPYS1FGA_lj4pLB3IWufIoGm_7u3KNYI0-pek

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)

T6c1STfpV8WSxZosWvv6OJuIc17kGxBEV3Wq7IcqisWlmZL_d_5Wlyc9g-90grsisBTM0viERmwvLkstOY2_8T1WL_4-mLHpxe8cH7f1hUkXGDUS20qNnJ5qYlchYaQDk4MSJMRjoFatydcYxnfiwEQ

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)

The late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay,
Sanctuary Island

TAG (ALLIES) : Romi Jade Romi Jade | @Lossa Aureas | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Wide Open
TAG (FOES) : @
[OOC-This is something I used to do on another site. If you want to do something like it, or want one for your fallen Jedi, feel free!)

He had everything he needed.

He had building tools.

His natural build, appearance and stoicism actually served him well this time.

He was building something proper. Something deserved.

“Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.” Master Yoda said it best, but there was also “recognition” this was something a Jedi did nod strive for either. That being said, there were Jedi in this era who have surpassed the efforts of the past, Romi Jade Romi Jade being one of, if not the most effective.

There were not many that Caltin Vanagor would admit to looking up to, but Romi was one of them.

What he was building in the South Entrance to the Jakku Enclave was something he had thought about doing since the Clone Wars. This was not about him, this was about giving memories to those who would visit. It would inspire those of the young generation and it would remind those of what they were capable of.

dc-injustice-2-mobile-black-adam-reveal-trailer-dc-izfr7cxbg_82bm.2560.png

It would begin with Romi, but (unfortunately) wouldn't end with her. This could be something for all.

It started with the platform something small and tasteful. It stood about four standard feet tall and two feet wide in all directions. In the middle stood a a holovid projector with an image of the fallen Jedi Master.

Nothing gawdy or austentatious, but tasteful, one that showed her strength as a Jedi and leader. There was a small generator hidden underneath the platform that ensured nothing on it would run out of power. Caltin took a few moments to adjust the size or the image so that it did not overshadow anything else. He laughed as he could hear her joking about how big the image was might be a reflection on her.

12287.jpg

There was another emitter, a voice emitter that, if you pressed a button would play her words…

"I'm a fighter. I've always been a fighter. The few times when I have been at leisure, I've been miserable. I want challenges, I crave them."

The datapad that sat in front chronologically transcribed much of her actions and exploits. Everything from her young age and “adoption” to Joza Perl, her infiltration of and into the Dark Side. From her time as a Grandmaster to the Jadelight station, to the Jedi Covenant, to the library on Ossus to rebuilding the Jakku Enclave. Her wedding, the “trial”... everything worthy of memory was on there, one just had to scroll.

Of course next to the datapad was something of a more “whimsical” a “collectible”, part of a collection of various figures in the galaxy. They were sold in hobby and toy stores.
fam2wgX

Throughout the table and legs of the platform were quotes. Random observations and comments about her from various Jedi and even Sith. They were all objective and told a very thoughtful and thorough tale of the person Romi is… of the person Romi was.

Romi had done a very neat piece of quiet manipulation to shift the focus away from her and onto the less-experienced Jedi. Very clever.

- Teynara Jarelyr

This is why the mantle of Grandmaster is and has always been meant to be passed on to you...
- Veiere Arenais

Romi was powerful, and her education in the dark side would not be interrupted if she had any say in the matter...

- @Taeli Raaf

I also don't doubt your teaching ability, I mean -- your powers are beyond the entire New Jedi Order.
- @Auteme

...the paragon of light burned with all the radiance of the sun rising at the dawn of a new day, he exuded courage and the will to fight on despite the odds, an implacable foe of the dark, a jedi among the living legends of the modern era alongside names like the late Veiere Arenais, Thurion Heavenshield, Coci Heavenshield, Romi Jade...
-@ Darth Prazutis

Of course Romi Jade was infamous in her own way yet their paths had seldom crossed back when the New Jedi Order's numbers were far greater.
- @Zark San Tekka

Or think about Romi Jade. If it's evil, she's fought it. She could be a queen just on general principle. But she's right over that horizon living under an abandoned irrigation facility, because that's how she centers herself in the authentic.
- @Jend-Ro Quill

Thurion Heavenshield was a household name among the modern Jedi. The actions of Jedi like him, Romi Jade, and Coren Starshaser shaped many who now called his actions into question.
-@ Ryv

She had heard stories of Romi Jade as a child. One of the brightest lights of the Galactic Alliance, a true Jedi Master. As deadly as she was beautiful, as kind as she was cunning. Romi could teach her everything she needed to know about being a Jedi...
- @Thalia Senn

Romi Jade was one of Joza's, adopted into the Perl family. She was dutiful, courageous, and a wholly good person. A powerful Jedi, never straying from her intended path, and who had advocated cooperation amongst all Jedi for many years. To one who had outlived so many, finding such wisdom in one so young was always an absolute pleasure, for he knew the Jedi as a whole had a bright future.
- @Thurion Heavenshield

Good fighter—both with her fists and with her words.
- @Cotan Sar'andor

If it weren't for Romi Jade, a lot less troopers in his platoon would be alive right now.
- @Sol Stazi

Saying that Romi wasn't a master of her craft, would bring a distaste to one's outh. I didn't know of how she could perform such feats.
- @Kaleleon Seleare

Romi had demonstrated envious athletics and what looked to Amon as the Force to subdue completely the near-immortal Gen'dai.
- Amon Vizsla

I may not have been a Leader among men. However, I knew what a Jedi was. I have studied it, lived it, breathed it for years. I was taught by some of the absolute best Jedi that have ever lived. Romi Jade, Cotan Sar'andor, @Coren Starchaser. They were people who I lived up to.
- Kaleleon Seleare

In the middle of it all was the most important item in the memorial. Her lightsaber. It was actually Romi’s shoto, but still. The short Saber stood fully engaged and erect. The “Heart of Sullust” crystal emitting a vibrant orange blade pointing and reaching for the ceiling. It kept the area well and naturally lit.
starkiller-lightsaber-with-kyber-chamber-baselit-xenopixel-proffie-1_1032x.progressive.jpg

Taking a step back and looking over his work, this was something that felt rewarding. Yes, he still would help bring those responsible to Justice, but the fallen should be remembered…

… this was a good start.

Last edited:

JarsnLB.jpeg
Ship: The Red Night
Equipment: Jedi Robes | Lightsaber
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Gatz had seen Master Vanagor constructing something near the Southern entrance to the Temple. He'd been curious, but it had somehow seemed like a personal affair, and so the Knight had left his senior alone. He knew all too well how annoying it could be, to be interrupted while he was fixing or building something. So, instead, he'd gone about his day, and busied himself with a few extraneous tasks he'd chosen to handle.

Near the end of the day, however, Gatz had returned. Curiosity had simply gotten the better of him.

He was glad that it had: because what he became witness to was a touching memorial for a Jedi Master who was more than deserving of it. Gatz hadn't known Romi well. He'd only met her the one time. But the impression she'd left upon him, and the lesson she had taught him, would be with him until the end of his days.

He was a wholly different Jedi because of her. She had given him the secret to strength, certainty, and clarity—all the things he'd been lacking since his father had died, many years ago. So when he saw the monument that had been constructed for her, Gatz had to blink away his tears, and swallow past the lump in his throat.

"This is beautiful, Master Vanagor," Gatz said quietly, "thank you for doing this for her. Now everyone who passes through these halls will know who she was, and what she stood for."

yvm8HTs.png

-vip7FLqpLImvRjkSUIaMtXlE2bHtidBAgDswVMGYmbNeQDW73k90gnygvUKoLwI2Kn40m3hHWpC57rtnnZW2d8f2zyf7UbXbB9XrxRnPC75jXmzhKzPYS1FGA_lj4pLB3IWufIoGm_7u3KNYI0-pek

T6c1STfpV8WSxZosWvv6OJuIc17kGxBEV3Wq7IcqisWlmZL_d_5Wlyc9g-90grsisBTM0viERmwvLkstOY2_8T1WL_4-mLHpxe8cH7f1hUkXGDUS20qNnJ5qYlchYaQDk4MSJMRjoFatydcYxnfiwEQ

The late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay,
Sanctuary Island

TAG (ALLIES) : Romi Jade Romi Jade | @Lossa Aureas | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar
TAG (FOES) : @​

Smiling at the observation the Knight made, Caltin was actually happy that he approached. The big man knew that he was a difficult Jedi to talk to, but he was surprised that only one person had looked on.

Oh well.

Thank you for the kind words. She started this place, people need to know who she was.

Looking it over, the big man went to adjust the holo-image one more time. The picture should be just right. This was the basis for what would be made for others. It had to be done right and have no mistakes.

I fought in the Clone Wars. I stood with some of the most memorable names history. She deserves to be in that conversation.

Slowly, talking about this, his anger began fo subside.

Thanks again for coming over here.

Eku1KfW.png

Untitled959-20240619022032.png
Equipment: Jumpsuit/Robes
Accessories: Echo Stone
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber, Turmoil
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

The Zeltron made efforts to come check on Caltin. Not always obvious though since she would sometimes send a padawan or an Anchorite to check on him.

So rapt in his efforts she was sure he might not ever cease until he was content. Even having a good idea of the what, it didn't stop her from standing in silence when Romi's image appeared. Her second time out to the south entrance since he had begun working, and he seemed near complete this time. Many were capable of working with their hands within the order.

Came with the territory of maintaining a lightsaber, and for others with having the addition of a starship.

But what Caltin had put together was not something that would be worked on lightly if it ever needed it. She knew that Romi would likely frown at being showcased in such a way. But if anyone had deserved such a memorial, especially here on Jakku, it was her.

"Caltin. Gatz." Calling to the large man as she approached, nodding to Gatz when she came close enough to not raise her voice. Staring at her image once more before swallowing the lump in her throat.

"I'm sorry about earlier. Coruscant, and everything since has been a mess." She looked between the two of them before looking at the visage of Romi once more. As much as she adrift, it didn't feel real to her. Like the image would simply turn solid, and the woman would appear to look at them all confused. An odd memory flitting across her mind as she wondered exactly how Romi would receive a memorial.

"You know, first time I met Romi proper, she was having us jump out of a starship onto a bullet train?"

vMD52hP.png

yvm8HTs.png

Sanctuary Island

TAG (ALLIES) : Romi Jade Romi Jade | Lossa Aureus Lossa Aureus | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar
TAG (FOES) : @

Was this something that she would have frowned at? Was it really something that was necessary?

Probably not… but that wasn't why Caltin put this together.

The Jed’ai? There are stacks upon stacks of their actions. The High Republic? The First Hyperspace War. The Clone Wars. The Old Jedi Order. The Old “New” Jedi Order. Transcripts and records of all if them. The big man was just following suit.

Hello.

Aureus seemed a bit “standoff-ish”, probably because Vanagor was his normal cheery self earlier.

No need to apologize.

He shrugged.

Congratulations are in order… two sets.

As usual, Caltin was out of the loop.

Eku1KfW.png

JarsnLB.jpeg
Ship: The Red Night
Equipment: Jedi Robes | Lightsaber
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Lossa Aureus Lossa Aureus

Another Jedi from a bygone era? Between Caltin, Valery, Katarine, and Jonyna, Gatz knew quite a few ancient relics. All jokes aside, being from a different era meant that Caltin had a unique perspective that many modern Jedi didn't. He'd served at a time when the Jedi were staunch traditionalists who refused attachment and denied themselves emotion. Gatz couldn't imagine how stifling that must have been, to be raised as a Jedi in that era.

"How does she hold up, against the Jedi of the Galactic Republic?"

In all honesty, Gatz wasn't sure if he was asking because he was truly curious, or if he was just making conversation. Obviously Master Vanagor thought Master Jade was a Jedi worth honoring. But Gatz had to wonder how many of Master Vanagor's ancient Jedi colleagues would have shared that opinion, considering how modern Romi had been—neither denying herself emotion nor attachments, and even having been married with a daughter.

Frankly, if they would have had anything bad to say about Romi Jade, Gatz thought they could shove it up their Force ghost asses—

"I'm sorry about earlier. Coruscant, and everything since has been a mess."

Gatz blinked. He hadn't felt Lossa approach, his attention having been stolen by the monument in front of him. He wasn't quite sure what she was apologizing for, she hadn't slighted him at all in recent memory. Maybe, then, it was directed at Master Vanagor? He was curious, but he figured it really wasn't his business to dig into.

Plus... honestly, there were other things he needed to talk to her about—and for once they had nothing to do with how he felt about her. Gatz had, like, actual real Jedi business with her for once. But now wasn't the time to address such things.

"That's how you met her? She threw you onto a moving train?" Gatz blinked, "...man, they just don't train Jedi like they used to, do they?"

Then came Master Vanagor's congratulations, which made Gatz blink for a third time in the span of just a few seconds.

"Right. Thank you. And thank you for sending your son with that message, it was nice to hear, and gave me a few things to think about."

Untitled959-20240619022032.png
Equipment: Jumpsuit/Robes
Accessories: Echo Stone
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber, Turmoil
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

Caltin assured her she didn't need to apologize. It didn't help her feel better about jumping to conclusions, but she didn't mention it further.

"Mmm. Two newly minted knights. Certainly worth a mention." Head tilting a little at the refresher. It was still a fresh thing for her, becoming a Knight proper. Even with the less than subtle hints about what was happening, her mind had been too wrapped up in other things to realize what was happening when she had entered that hall.

It had all been glaringly obvious looking back.

" Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky convinced me to jump rather than getting pushed. But I think Romi Jade Romi Jade or Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren would have been happy to push a younger me." She grinned, shaking her head at the memory.

vMD52hP.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom