Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slower Posting - It's That Time

Let’s talk about my last semester of dental.

Most of you on the board, and especially those writing with me, know that I’ve been in school for dental therapy. It’s been torture. It’s been pain. It has been one of the most stressful, exhilarating, wonderful, interesting, transformative, strengthening experiences of my life. I legitimately feel like a better person both personally and professionally for going through it.

And I’m almost done.

We had orientation for our last semester today. Looking at my schedule for clinical rotations, they seem to have taken pity on our poor souls and I don’t have quite the same murderous grind as I did over the fall (6 days a week, 10 – 14 hours a day + homework + studying). But it’s still not great, and I’ll still be exceptionally busy.

I’m writing this message for two reasons.

1. ***I want to let everyone know my posting may slow down sometimes.*** I don’t anticipate a huge change since I had classes over the winter so I haven’t really been on break anyway, but I may just have days where I’m physically and mentally exhausted and I can’t write even if I want to.

2. I want to say thank you to everyone who has ever been there for me through this. If you helped me study, if you listened to me cry, if you gave me words of encouragement or support before a big exam, if you took a second to celebrate with me when I passed another milestone – even if you just told me to shut up and stop apologizing when I said I was sorry I hadn’t gotten a post to you yet. All of that means more to me than you will ever know. You guys are the absolute best.

This will be relevant until the middle of May when I take my finals and apply to take my medical licensing boards. Now…get back to your stories!

Just gonna list some people this will immediately effect:

[member="Irajah Ven"] | [member="Jude Falkrowe"] | [member="Elliot Locke"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Perth Levov"] | [member="Six-O"] | [member="Sienna Vekarr"] | [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] | [member="Arrik Parsa"] | [member="Krest"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Darth Abyss"] | [member="Darth Lykos"] | @All my sith babes​

Absolute best of luck! We'll all be here to cheer you on - obviously if you ever want to talk, you know I've got your back - and I know you'll do brilliantly. Don't worry in the slightest about posting speed (I'm the last person who can complain about sporadic posting anyhow :p ).

[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Connor Harrison

C
[member="Matsu Xiangu"] The moment you've got 'Dental Genius' on your door or ID tag or something, you know it'll have been worth it. You deserve it, so carry on doing what you're doing. :)

tinker tailor soldier spy
a91db3097fdbd319d57df1168d7009c6.gif

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

This resonates with me so much as a law student--I just wanted to chime in to say MASSIVE kudos to you and wish you the best of luck pushing through your last semester. I know it's tough, but clearly so are you! :)

[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Remember that the board will always be here, no need to rush things. In the meantime, I'll just be standing over here waving my #TeamMatsu flag. Good luck :)

Artemis Lux said:
as a law student
That's really cool, I'm thinking about going to law school after I graduate high school :)

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
[member="Lord Ajihad"] That's awesome! :) Feel free to PM me or add me on Discord if you have any questions about it--I love talking to potentials! Also, retweet your encouragement to [member="Matsu Xiangu"]! Hard workin' ladies up here on Chaos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom