Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still LOA

So if you are not aware things are not all well in my end of the world. My mother went away for her 40th wedding anniversary to Hawaii and unfortunately drown in an accident.

Problem is this, we are at 8 days later and the body has not been brought home yet. There are religious reasons that cremation cannot be done, but I won't get into that nor would it speed things up in this case. Apparently the coroner there likes to take his time, so this process is not rushed. So no funeral can happen until we have her home. My father won't do it. Not at all. There isn't closure until one gets to say goodbye. This I have not done. I have not said my goodbyes and walked home. And as much as it pains me to say I know I won't be well until she is back home, stateside.

So for now I still am largely LOA. For how long? Honestly right now I don't know. I pray this does not drag out any longer than it already has. I just can't even. The last week alone has been a haze, I barely remember. And 8 days is a long wait, especially for something that happened within the same country. Anyway .... still out but still around on skype as always. I just don't answer quickly to anyone right now and I'm sorry for that. It's just not easy right now but I am trying.

(*Isn't going to @mention anyone because she's just too damn tired at this point having just come back from her family's farm today where her mother's memory is etched into the very walls there where her art hangs still*)

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

What is happening to you is beyond any words that I can offer to help. I just hope that you will be able to say goodbye to your mother as soon as possible, for family and friends effected and concerned.

We will be her for you, when you are ready to return and maybe then we can help to take you mind off all this. Even if only for a little while. :)

Take your time, Coryth, you've been through a lot. While not all of us know the feeling, we understand that you're going to need time. And lots of support, of course. We'll be here if you need us. If you need to talk, or if you just need some kitten gifs, just let us know and we'll be there to help. You're a part of our community. That means we won't abandon you in a time of need.

So, uh, I'm not the best at these things, but if you need another person to talk with I'll be here. I don't really know if this is one of those times people are supposed to pray (it's admittedly been while since I went to church), but I'll do that, because that's something that usually helps. In the meantime I guess I'll just leave some cute gifs here in the hopes that they'll manage to make you smile. This is how you do that comforting thing, right?
MGkVIRo.gif

gif-box.gif

Starleaves n Stimcafs
[member="Coryth Elaris"]
So hope that you get to say goodbye :(, be thinking of you and wishing that you get a small measure of closure to what must be hell, heart goes out to you in every way.

Thank you guys. You have all been so awesome about this, so kind, helping me to get through this. I <3 you all.

We finally have word on when she'll be sent home. The coroner finally informed the funeral home, that my mother's body would be on a flight on Saturday. She will be brought to the funeral home and arrive sometime Sunday. The funeral is expected to be on Wednesday or Thursday to allow the family members who reside outside the state time to get here as well. This has already been such a lengthy process and so painful. Just a little further and at least there is some closure.

And if you haven't read it already please do check out my blog. I wasn't sure I'd actually be able to speak it at the funeral.... However... my dad I read that to him tonight and he very much wants me to speak what I wrote at the funeral. He thought it was beautiful and needed to be spoken as well. I just have a few small edits to make to it for the final copy, just for clarity is all. Nothing major.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] | [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] | [member="Rianna Ar'klim"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Naomi Winchest"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] |

Connor Harrison

C
[member="Coryth Elaris"] You keep doing what you're doing, and literally do anything you feel you need to honour your Mother and your family. No matter how big or small or how insignificant you may think it feels, just do it; write things, say things, do things. It's always sad to look back and regret not doing things at the time so do what you need to do, and don't question if it's too much or too little because it will be just perfect from a daughter to a parent.

Take good care of yourself through this sad time. xx

Just an update for you guys....

They finally got my mom back to Oklahoma last night. According to the funeral home, it has been easier to get people back from Africa, from countries with active Ebola outbreaks, than it was to get her back from Hawaii. It has been nothing short of immense frustration with regards to that. To have the morgue in Hawaii tell me "Oh, we just like to take our time here ...." Took all I had to not reach through the phone and slap the guy, because there is a massive difference between taking your time, being careful with your work, and dragging your feet in the mud. And well this has been nothing but dragging of feet, and excuses. Anyway, enough about that ....

Her funeral will be on Saturday at 2pm. If anyone wants to send flowers or anything of the sort to my family, just shoot me a PM and I'll pass along the needed info. Again I <3 you guys. You have all been so wonderful through this mess. Just hopefully I can get some closure on it soon and start to heal. I suspect I'll be out for much of the next week as funeral plans loom and my family starts to ask more and more of me to help them out during this time.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] | [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] | [member="Rianna Ar'klim"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Naomi Winchest"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

This is a really tough time for you now, and my thoughts are very much with you and your family. As if things are not bad enough but to go through the added problems is horrible.

I am sure everyone will understand why you are not around here, it is hardly important in the scheme of things and we will be here to help take your mind of things even if only for a short time.

Take good care Krissy!

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Coryth Elaris"]

If I wasn't dirt broke id send the biggest basket of flowers ever. I'm so sorry about your mother, I lost my mom when I was 9. So at least you got to know them. I hope everything turns out ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom