Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Subjugator-class Assault Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
4d06.jpg

Image Credit: Here
Intent: To create an open market planetary landing craft.
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems
Model: Subjugator-class Assault Ship
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: The Subjugator-class Assault Ship was originally an infamous Sith ship packed to the brim with troops and tools of war. However, repeated combat engagements revealed staggering flaws in the original design. Due to the overpacking of troops and vehicles, the Subjugator would often find itself wiht massive combat losses before any of its fighters could launch, or it would be shot down by planetary defenses. The former was most clearly seen during the disastrous Sith defeat in the Valen system. In short, as a combat carrier, the Subjugator failed. With the collapse of the Sith Empire, and the retooling of many of their old designs for public use, the Subjugator was one of many to receive redesigning updates.

One of the first changes made was the drastic reduction in vehicles and ships stored in the hanger. In spite of this, the Subjugator has drastically improved combat performance as it is able to launch its craft more efficiently. Shields were strengthened and the engines were given a massive overhaul. As a result, the new Subjugator is significantly faster than the old one. Still much like the old version, the new Subjugator lacks a significant anti-starfighter armament and its ion cannons are a token defense against other capital ships. Caution is recommended then when taking the ship into combat zones.

Classification: Support Corvette
Role: Planetary Landing Craft
Height: 90 meters
Width: 115 meters
Length: 200 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1
Minimum Crew: 27
Optimal Crew: 60-270 depending on configuration
Armaments:

• Four Ion Cannons
  • Six Quad Laser Cannons (Configurations 1 & 2 only)
Hanger:
Configuration 1

• Twenty-Four Fighters
  • Four Dropships
Configuration 2
  • Thirty-Six Droid Fighters
  • Six Dropships
Configuration 3
  • Four Gunships
  • Sixteen Dropships
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Droid Control System (Configuraton 2 only)
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams (x2)
Passenger Capacity: 700
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: Six Months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
It is literally based on a WWII troop carrier. It's actually larger than the one I was using for scale purposes and it had like 3 guns... so it isn't like its overpowered.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
That solves the issue of troop count, if 10,000 is a hard limit, packed to the gills. I do wonder about the 36 fighters, but that's roughly proportional to, say, the Flurry, which was also a dedicated transport. Since this ship is somewhat less open than the Flurry, and relatively cramped, I'd suggest that deployment speed might be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom