Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The CSA Charter

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
~CHARTER FOR THE COMMENOR SYSTEMS ALLIANCE~

¤Article 1. ADVISORS.
1.1 -Each world within the Commenor Systems Alliance is granted the right to put up a candidate for an ADVISOR to the High Queen and High King's Council.
1.2 -The term limit of the ADVISOR is decided by their world's government, and/or by the High Queen or High King.
1.2 (i) -A request can be made for an ADVISOR to be replaced to their planet's government, but it is up to that government on whether or not a removal will take place. It is up to the High Queen and High King.
1.3 -Each ADVISOR must attend meetings with the High Queen and/or High King when called upon. Failure to do so may result in the loss of that position.

¤Article 2. BILLS
2.1 -A BILL is a draft of a prposed legislation that may be created by any member of the ADVISORY COUNCIL to be discussed.
2.2 -Each ADVISOR has an umlimited amount of bills that they can propose during their term
2.3 -No more than 3 BILLS may be proposed in a single session.
2.4 -Once all aspects of a proposed BILL have been discussed, the High King and High Queen will decide on it's passage.
2.4 (i) -Should a BILL PASS, then it becomes LAW.
2.4 (ii) -Should a BILL FAIL, then the proposal is refused and cannot be reviewed again until 30 standard DAYS has passed.

¤Article 3. LAWS
3.1 -A LAW is the result of a BILL that has been APPROVED by the High Queen and High King.
3.2 -Amendments or additions to a LAW cannot be made until 60 standard DAYS has passed.
3.2 (i) -An amendment or addition to a LAW may be drafted and proposed by an ADVISOR in the same manner of a BILL.
3.3 (ii) -An amendment or addition to a LAW must then be APPROVED by the High Queen and High King.
3.3 (iii) -If PASSED, the amendment or addition to a LAW is immediately enacted.
3.3 (iv) -If it FAILS, the amendment or addition to a LAW is refused and cannot be reviewed until 30 standard DAYS have passed.

Kay-Larr

Commenor Systems Alliance is a neutral government that seeks peace through diplomacy and good relations within itself and with others, as opposed to war and oppression. It believes in equal opportunities for it's citizens and a well balanced life in both work and play. As such, the following Constitution has been drafted to reflect those values and to better serve the people in the territory of the Commenor Systems Alliance.​
¤Article 1. Sentient Equality
1.1 - All sentient beings, no matter their race, religion or alignment will be treated equally in all forms, judicial or otherwise while in Commenor Systems Alliance territory.
1.2 - All sentient artificial lifeforms that deem themselves to be 'alive' will also be treated equally in all forms, judicial or otherwise while in Commenor Systems Alliance territory.

¤Article 2. Equal Prosperity
2.1 - Each planet in the Commenor Systems Alliance is different in environment, resources, population and economy. Therefore, should aid be required, i.e financial, food, construction, military, natural disasters, emergency relief, the Senate will grant it in the way that best suits the planet's needs as brought forth by that planet's government.
2.2 - Each citizen of planets within Commenor Systems Alliance territory wishing to further their skills via educational institutions and training programs will have equal access to those institutions and training programs on any of the planets within.
2.3 - Life is sacred and so is our health. As such, Universal Healthcare is provided for all citizens living within Commenor System Alliance territory from birth to death.
2.4 - Each planet within Commenor Systems Alliance has the right to do business or trade with anyone of their choosing provided that such activities do not deal with illegal activities such as slavery, or with prohibited items such as drugs and banned weaponry.

¤Article 3. Military
3.1 - Commenor Systems Alliance maintains it's own fleet and ground forces that protect the planets and citizens within from attack.
3.2 - Each planet within Commenor Systems Alliance has the right to choose whether or not to use their own planet's forces to protect themselves or to utilize the Commenor Systems Alliance fleets and ground forces as the circumstances call for it. Requests can be made via their government to any of the ADVISORS and/or to the High Queen and High King.
3.3 - The Commenor Systems Alliance fleets and ground forces are overseen by the HIGH COMMANDER. All within the fleets and ground forces report to the HIGH COMMANDER.
3.3 (i) - The HIGH COMMANDER is chosen by the High Queen and High King.
3.3 (ii) - The HIGH COMMANDER reports to the High Queen and High King before engaging in acts of war.
3.4 - Requests for military aid by any CSA planet are forwarded to the HIGH COMMANDER.

¤Article 4. Judicial
4.1 - Every citizen within the planets of the Commenor Systems Alliance shall be deemed innocent until proven guilty when charged with an offence.
4.2 - Depending on the nature of the offence, each citizen of Commenor Systems Alliance will face trial on the planet that the offence was committed.
4.2 (i) - If the offence was against the Commenor Systems Alliance itself, then a trial will be held in the Senate Hall. Such trials will be overseen by a judge appointed by the High Queen and High King.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Sorry I have been sick.............but my two cents.

Ok part one. Articles 1,2, and 3 should really be a single article instead of 3 different ones for the Senate specific stuff.

The Senate part should be an Article of the entire Alliance Charter. It pulls everything into a nice sweet single document.

Also if we are going to address an Alliance Military there should be something to include the method of leadership for the Alliance Military and who the Military ultimately reports to. In this case establishing the position of Alliance High Commander who is answerable to the Senate and more specifically the seating Chancellor/Vice-Chancellor. As a result the AHC should probably be a position nominated and confirmed by the Senate.

That's probably 3 cents but you get the idea. :p

Kay-Larr

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

It isn't set in stone, just a work in progress from off the top of my head.

But I may be putting it all on hold anyways for a time until there is more availability.

Lady Kay said:
Commenor Systems Alliance is a neutral government that seeks peace through diplomacy and good relations within itself and with others, as opposed to war and oppression. It believes in equal opportunities for it's citizens and a well balanced life in both work and play. As such, the following Constitution has been drafted to reflect those values and to better serve the people in the territory of the Commenor Systems Alliance.​

¤Article 3. Military

3.2 - Requests can be made via their Senator to the Senate body.

3.3 (i) - The High Commander is chosen by the Senate through the nominations of candidates and a tally of votes.
3.3 (ii) - The High Commander reports directly to the Chancellor and/or Vice Chancellor.

¤Article 4. Judicial
4.2 (i) - If the offence was against the Commenor Systems Alliance itself, then a trial will be held in the Senate Hall with the Chancellor overseeing and judging the trial.
I may just be noticing this now but a couple of points I see. Under Military Requests for aid in a defensive manner should go through Command itself not the Senator or Senate. Declarations of war however of course would required to be made by the Senate.

The High Commander should be nominated by the sitting Chancellor but confirmed by the Senate. Having the entire Senate nominate could and in some cases will devolve into one heck of a mess.

The High Commander is answerable to the Senate should they screw up but does not report to it or the Chancellor. No Military leader regardless of position should have to check in every time they want to scratch their nose. Such a tight leash produces ineffective Commanders and a crippled military.

Regarding the Judicial I only have one thing. That is it be separate from the Senate. Having the same person in charge of a Executive and Judicial body is an abuse of power waiting to happen. Like the Military the Judicial body should be a separate entity.

Sure the Chancellor may like the High Commander appoint this Senior Judge and have them confirmed by the Senate but the influence should stop there.

Kay-Larr

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

Thanks :) I worked on it before bed, so I'm not surprised that there's more work needing to be done. Works in progress are like that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom