Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Greenfield Plot

I16QYM7.jpeg

Objective: Investigate rumours
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

M977SXg.png

To say the least, Silas wasn't expecting to be back at a music festival so soon.

On the bright green grass, the Azbrian music festival was beginning its first day. Since starting twenty years ago, it has quickly grown in popularity with music lovers due to the variety it offers. Silas was more of a country boy but did enjoy other genres depending on the sound. There was plenty of good music to hear, it was just a shame he was here for Jedi business with Kahlil else he'd be straight to the nearest stage to soak in the atmosphere.

"Kahlil, do you listen to much music at all?" the knight asked after acquiring a wristband from the front entrance that had been tied a little too tightly around his wrist. The wristbands gave them access to all areas by the organiser, a larger than life individual who they were going over to meet and chat with concerning the rumors that surrounded a particular band. For all sakes and purposes, it wasn't to gain any exclusive information about their set for the press either.

"For whatever reason, you strike me as a classic rock enjoyer" he said with a light smirk, trying his best not to call him old "You know, the kind of stuff all dads listen to?"

M977SXg.png

"I lived most of my early life as a Jedi as a spacer, so, I listen to plenty of music." Kahlil shrugged a little, smiled indifferently. Then paused. He wouldn't say as much, but Silas did in fact call out the genre he enjoyed most. Since when was classic rock 'dad' music? He turned his gaze around, half making sure his wrist was up so the people here knew he was supposed to be here. This was, after all, the first time he'd ever been behind stage or the like.

"Who or what are we looking for?"

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

I16QYM7.jpeg

Objective: Investigate rumours

M977SXg.png

"Hm? I see you're keeping it close to your chest"

Silas couldn't help but smile at the thought of a young Kahlil head bopping or dancing around the hull of a ship. During his time here, he hadn't seen him do either. Kahlil was a private man, so knowing him he probably did a lot of it in a private environment where not many people could witness his enjoyment.

"We're going to meet with the organiser, he calls himself MC Wizzy or something like that." Silas explained to Kahlil as they both walked towards the back of the mainstage where they'd be meeting the larger than life character. They had both come through the side entrance which led them straight to the back without much interference from the festival goers "The guy used to be the main man in a group called Wizzy and the smalltones, but after a dispute on credit royalties, Wizzy was thrown out due to an "Ungroovy vote" in his own words"

Walking past some unfamiliar artists and backstage crew, it was clear how much of a high profile operation this was. Free catering, clean toilets, sleeping pods, and even a free bar where the artists could hang out before they went on

"The people we'll be inquiring about is a heavy rock band called Nevermore. We've had a tip off from an agent in the underground scene that seems to think they're being used for a Sith experiment, one of which is making their fans go crazy..."

M977SXg.png

Kahlil nodded slowly. While he didn't care too much about the drama within the various artist groups, the mention of Sith experiments did certainly peak his interest. "The music, perhaps? I know of different charms and sounds that Sith use to drive people mad. Even some literature that just reading will do the same." He'd written a couple of his own actually. The problem simply was the knowledge of them in his experience. Even thinking about them could make problems for the weak willed.

I16QYM7.jpeg

Objective: Investigate rumors

M977SXg.png

"Correct, whatever they're sing sends their fans into a frenzy. To make things worse, when they're in that state they are quite easy to manipulate" Silas explained as they began walking up the ramp towards the back of the main stage "We must be cautious in our investigation. If the band get nervous, who knows what they'll resort to" he warned his former master, mindful of the implications it could spell if the band managed to play their set on the main stage.

Stopping in front of the tall and well built guard he briefly looked down to Silas and glared Kahlil in the eyes "You two can go in, but if you have any weapons you'll need to hand them over" the man grunted with a no nonsense tone.

"The rules are rules, no weapons of any form in the stage area"

M977SXg.png

If the band was aware, that would indeed be nothing good. Kahlil hummed, though paused as the guard demanded their weapons. Their lightsabers, most likely. He just.. Smiled. And lifted a hand. "You will take our blasters, but you do not want to take a Jedi's lightsaber. It is not a weapon, after all." There was a pause in the guard before he grunted.

"That's right. Hand over your weapons. I.. Only want your weapons."

Kahlil didn't hesitate to hand over his blaster then, before stepping past, very much still with his lightsaber. If the band they were trying to deal with were in fact Sith cultists, he would not go without it. Or have Silas without his own.

"Let's go have that conversation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom