Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Seek Counsel

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Bailiff Station hung over Faldos as its ever stalwart sentinel, great freighters docked at its various ports while small fleets of frigates and corvettes were assembled around it by a nest of makeshift and scavenged shipyards. There was no shortage of activity these days, the once serene and still station now a flurry of activity as the Order of Wonosa mourned the loss of their homes and bayed for the blood of those responsible in equal measure. Yet despite the rather tumultuous nature of the current state of affairs everything was running relatively smoothly as the people of Wonosa and the Inquisition began to share the same world.

Far from an easy change for either but one that was being carefully overseen and directed by the one voice that they would both heed without question or hesitation. Darth Strosius, regardless of whether he was known as their High Priest or their Lord Inquisitor, had whipped both injured populaces into shape and had began the rebuilding and integration processes as quickly as possible. There were still plenty of seams in the existing efforts and operations but the issues were gradually being worked out, enough to where the Sith Lord could turn his attention and presence to other matters. Some that were far less vital yet no less important in his mind given the subject of it.

"Send in the young man," Darth Strosius spoke into the comm-unit as he held down the button to activate it, his masked gaze looking out over the world of Faldos below. "I wish to speak with him." His arms crossed behind his back as he let the attendants and staff fetch Veradun, knowing that he would be brought for his desired audience very soon. The observation room would serve for their meeting, a place of retreat and reflection after he had spent many long hours in his office communicating and issuing orders to his subordinates. It was spacious and mostly focused around the grand viewport that he stood in front of now, with little else in the way of furnishing aside from the bare essentials of an armory.

Veradun Sharr Veradun Sharr

sith-divider-blue.png

Much had transpired for Veradun since he’d stepped foot on Jutrand and gone through the testing and trials required to get him into the Sith Academy. His days had been filled with hard learned lessons covering everything a young aspiring Sith would need to know. He’d gone on a field trip to learn the delicate affairs of negotiations - and had learned what happens when that fails. He’d taken his first life that day - and many more after that, and nearly been killed himself. And yet, he was still alive and still breathing, so that was something he could take pride in.

Upon his return to the Academy, he had been informed that he was set to duel another Acolyte - the outcome of such a trial would determine both their standings within the Academy, their rank amongst the others. He was given time to prepare, to get something set up to help him be victorious.

And while attending the Assembly not long after this, he’d been extended an offer of apprenticeship by another Sith Lord - an offer he was still mulling over and considering. And thus he’d sent out a request to both his sponsors - Darth Malum and Darth Strosius - to meet with one or both to help him prepare for the duel, and perhaps to help counsel him on the decision that lay before him.

Only one of his Sponsors, his High Priest, had accepted his request for a visit.

And thus he found himself on the Bailiff Station that was in orbit above the planet Faldos. Veradun had never been to this particular place yet, and he had been asked to wait patiently in a room until the Lord Inquisitor was ready to see and speak to him.

Eventually, the young teen’s patience was rewarded when one of the Sith Lord’s attendants greeted the boy and brought him to a spacious room that had a spectacular view of the planet beyond, and the darkness of space that framed the planet. Veradun’s icy blue eyes searched the area quickly before landing on the dark robed figure that he recognized to be that of his High Priest.

There was a flicker of pride in the boy upon seeing the man, along with an uncertainty and fear that he quickly buried and hid away as he made his approach before stopping and bowing respectfully.

The Academy was strict about that - showing due respect to your superiors. It was the honorable thing to do, anyway, so he didn’t mind the formality.

Thank you, High Priest, for accepting my request to meet with you.” the pale Nagai boy said, using the term that he was most familiar with. So much was changing for him and around him that it was nice to have something more familiar to fall back on.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The masked man, his gaze still fixated on the viewport and the sight beyond it, tilted his head slightly as the younger man bowed after his entrance. He offered no immediate response to the gratitude as he turned to face Veradun, his hidden gaze as scrutinous as ever it seemed. Finally he inclined his head slightly, evidently satisfied with his observation, and spoke. "Have they filled your head with endless decorum and lessons on catering to those of a higher station already, young Sharr?"

His tone was stiff, cold and sharp as it seemed to spear through the man before him. His words hung in the air for a few tense moments before he let out a rather surprising chuckle. "A day will never come that I expect you to bow before me, save such platitudes for the Sith that need them in order to assuage their own egos. Your presence is respect enough." The more familiar warmth that he spoke to all youth of the Order with shone through, authoritative yet subtle in its usage.

The High Priest was never one for such needless acts as bowing or declaring fealty or whatever else most Sith Lords would demand, he preferred actions and loyalty. That the young man desired to speak with him despite being intertwined with the Sith Academy and no doubt subjected to the domineering and oppressive Eternalist teachings was more than enough of a reassurance that Veradun was still worthy of his attention. Given how turbulent the affairs of Wonosa and the Inquisition had been as of late it was a relief to be able to simply speak plainly with one of his followers.

"Do tell me how your studies and time in the academy has been. If they ever weigh too heavy on you then you know that you are always welcome to sneak away and return to us." While Veradun's presence in the academy was useful for helping to scout rising powers and potential in the Sith, he'd rather be ignorant of such things than have one of his own be put through despicable treatment. Spies and informants could always be implanted, even if they weren't as crucial or informative as having an Acolyte imbedded there.

A smile slipped into his words as he continued. "You seem to be stronger and wiser than when I last laid eyes on you at least, from a boy into a proper Acolyte of the Sith." Of course the question remained of just how much improvement had been made and he intended to find the answer to that today. There was a very good reason that he had chosen to take the meeting with the young man here rather than in his usual office after all, the more open and area would be far better for dueling and practice.

He couldn't allow his Acolyte to fall short of his training, even if he wasn't directly responsible for it anymore. It would also serve to enlighten him on how the new Sith were being trained and if it was satisfactory or not. He had no doubt that they were being stifled as to not be threats to the powers that be, but the extent of that was what he was curious of. If the Acolytes weren't being given sufficient room to grow then that was a weakness that could be easily exploited by their enemies. Or, if Veradun was persuasive and clever enough, himself.

sith-divider-blue.png

The boy waited at parade rest in silent patience for the High Priest to acknowledge his presence, who soon turned around to regard the young man before him. Veradun couldn’t help but stiffen slightly at the cold sharpness in the other Sith Lord’s voice, as he voiced perhaps his distaste for certain Academy procedures. But that soon gave way to a more familiar warmth that the boy was familiar with, as his show of deference was waved off, and Nagai boy dipped his head in understanding.

As you wish, High Priest.”

The boy’s eyes shifted to roam around the room once more, taking in the surroundings once more as well as the large viewport that gave such a view of the planet and space beyond, returning his attention back to the Sith Lord as he was asked about his time in the academy thus far, and the boy’s pale cheeks dusted slightly pink when the High Priest voiced further than he seemed stronger and wiser.

My time in the Academy has been…a trial. Many of the acolytes fight for supremacy over others. It is very much catered to the strong rising above the weak, and the weak either perishing or being forced to constantly prove their worth to even stay alive. My time as a child on the streets before Sister and you found me has helped me to survive and keep my head low.

Veradun paused for a moment as she shifted his weight on his feet, seemingly lost in thought for a few moments. Several major events had already transpired for the young teen before he had even been given his Rank.

Though…our proper education has not truly begun yet. There is still the Ranking Ceremony to undergo. But we have all been introduced to Eternalist doctrine and expectations, as well as some very minor lessons with training sabers and whatnot. We are drilled and undergo physical exercises while we wait for the Ceremony. I, along with several other acolytes, already received ‘in field’ experience.” Veradun swallowed and lifted his icy eyes to the man’s visor. “I…I made my first kill. A few, actually.

Taking another’s life - even though it had been that of an enemy’s - had left a mark on the young boy. It felt like a milestone for him, a hurdle he needed to overcome. But sometimes in his dreams he would relive that moment. Before he could become too lost in his memories, Veradun pushed forward and moved on to the main reason on why he was here in the first place.

I was given my next trial before I can proceed into the Ceremony. I’m supposed to duel another Acolyte. It was suggested that I meet with my Sponsors to prepare, which is why I sent in my request. But...that is not the only reason why I am here.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The masked man let out a small hum of displeasure as the young man recounted his difficult time thus far in the arms of the academy, although whether this was out of a fondness for him or a disapproval of the methodology of the academy was unclear. Knowing him it was probably a mixture of both to some extent. "The Sith of today are so eager to quash potential before it even has the chance to manifest. You are wise to keep to your own devices, the eager Acolytes around you cannot be trusted. They would claw you down just to clamber over your corpse to rise higher."

It was indicative of the wider state of the Order at present really. So many Sith each vying for their own spot in a heap where the victors had already been decided. It disgusted him but it was simply the way of things at the moment he supposed. No matter how vulgar and vile the attitude of it was. "You are a survivor at heart Veradun, keep to your instincts and maintain your course and you shall not falter and fall like those around you might. The Force blesses you." It was a simple consolation but one that he eagerly offered. Youth needed much encouragement after all.

Darth Strosius felt his brows knit together and his head cock to the side slightly at the mention of a Ranking Ceremony, trying to dissect the meaning behind such a thing. Perhaps the unofficial and natural hierarchy among the Acolytes would be made official? Seemed rather counterproductive, but then again Eternalists did have a habit of doing illogical and horrid things such as that. What did make him perk up was when the younger Sith admitted to making not only his first but evidently a handful of kills.

"Good." The word was practically purred with an oddly malicious tone, betraying his eagerness at hearing that Veradun had accomplished that. "Remember what you are, young Sharr. You are a follow of Wonosa, the rightful and just Sith that will lay low tyrants and sinners alike. Your blade is not merely a weapon but also a tool to bring about the necessary change. Be righteous in your actions and intentions and none shall fall by your blade but those that have earned death."

It was a philosophy that he had often espoused to his followers, to cast aside any notions of hesitation or mercy because their foes simply couldn't be allowed to persist. What better justification for war and bloodshed was there than survival itself? "Steel yourself and take pride in your work. In time you won't bother to remember the faces of those you strike down, for their deaths will herald far greater victories." Death was something that would weigh heavily on everyone of course but it had to be moved beyond. There was no place for regret among the Sith.

"Ah I see, I can indeed help you train for your duel." He would do so gladly of course, given that he wanted to cross blades with the boy to test his mettle anyway, but to be able to incorporate it into a lesson would be no issue. Veradun might not have been through proper Squire training but he'd nonetheless be made into a proficient swordsman by the time it was all said and done. Provided that he listened as well as his 'Sister' did anyway. "What else has drawn you into my company then? Is there some other area of study and practice that you need my aid in?"

sith-divider-blue.png

No…they cannot be trusted; no one in that place can be. And I would like to see them try. Would just be one less rival for me to deal with later on.” Veradun replied coolly to the Sith Lord’s remarks, an almost cruel glint shining in his eyes - a hint at the dark beast that lurked deep within, that remained buried for now. The boy would be damned if anyone used him as a stepping stone to try and claw their way to greater power. He had been on the bottom, underestimated, for far too long now in his young life; it was time he took for himself what he felt he deserved.

He dipped his head in understanding and accepted the further encouragement to follow his instincts and let them be his guide. They had not failed him thus far, and if he listened to such things then he would only continue to improve and rise higher.

He wanted to be more than a survivor though.

The High Priest was quiet as the boy shared his thoughts and answered the Sith Lord’s questions, and he felt a flush of pride when the man found his exploits in killing to be good. To hear his High Priest was pleased with his actions made the boy puff up slightly with his pride. He was doing his part to aid his fellow Brothers and Sisters, and it gave him much needed experience. He took the words of Darth Strosius to heart; they would serve him well as he carried forward in his training, throughout his life.

Of course, High Priest. Those that fall to the blade are not worthy to be remembered anyway…right?

To hear that Darth Strosius would help him prepare for his coming duel eased some tension from the young Nagai. There had been a slight concern that the Lord Inquisitor might have been too busy to help him, but that was quickly laid to rest.

Thank you, my Lord. I am not sure if she will be receiving advice or preparing herself, but I think it will be smart to assume she will be.

Veradun paused for a moment when he was asked as to the other reasons why he sought out the counsel of his High Priest. Images of the recent interaction at the Assembly flashed through his mind, and his expression briefly appeared distracted before he brought his focus back to the robed Sith Lord.

I - I was offered an apprenticeship. I didn’t expect anyone to really take an interest in me; not when there are other students that have made their mark, proved themselves thus far. I suppose I want some advice in regards to that. What does it mean to be an apprentice? What does that exactly look like? Is it something I should do?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The masked man offered an amused, yet decidedly dark given the context, chuckle at the cool reply to his words of warning. It was a relief to know that the young Acolyte hadn't been tempted and blinded by the wiles of the academy just yet, that he knew that he was in a sea of foes just waiting to drag him down. Of course he didn't doubt Veradun's competency but rather he was very curious and suspicious about how the academy trained loyal adherents to the Sith Order.

"Always assume that your enemy is as if not more prepared than you are, otherwise you will become too comfortable and complacent in a victory that you have yet to reach. That mistake is one our fellow Sith make all too often. Typically right before they're felled in battle." That the younger man was already assuming such was a good sign of a tactical and strategic mind, one that would serve both him and the Sith very well if it was properly cultivated and nurtured. So long as the academy didn't waste it by throwing him into some impossible challenge anyway.

With the coming war he had little doubt that many of the 'lesser' Acolytes and the like would be thrown at the frontlines of the Alliance just as he himself was so long ago. Darth Strosius had been hardened and grown far stronger because of it, but most others had not. Veradun wouldn't suffer that fate if he had anything to say about it. No academy nor empire was going to waste his people in such pointless actions when the war had a rather simple solution for those bold enough to attempt it.

The High Priest's head inclined slightly, a show of surprise, when the younger Sith asked about apprenticeship and about his own offer to become an apprentice. Immediately he had to wonder who would have taken an interest in Veradun, especially if the boy had apparently not 'proven himself' as others had, but he chose to answer rather than ask for now. "It is a great honor to be asked to be taken as apprentice, as most would just....well take you if they desired you as one. It implies that whoever offered either has decorum or has some respect for you in particular."

He knew well enough the tales of Jedi being stolen away from battlefields only to reappear as the apprentices of whichever Sith they had dueled against, usually seeming none too pleased about the ordeal. "As for what it means and what is expected of you, that varies somewhat. Different Sith have different tasks required of their followers and some may seek to use you more as an extra pair of hands rather than a student. A tool to be wielded until either broken or uncontrollable." Another warning but one spoken so casually that it didn't seem as such. As though it was a common occurrence.

"To be an apprentice in the most basic sense is to be an extension of your master. Whether you are a tool or student, you are meant to exude and exemplify what your master represents in their stead or as an amplification when alongside them." There was a subtle pause before he gestured towards the young man. "Take our dear Revna for example. As my apprentice I expect her to fulfill certain tasks and duties that I myself would normally undertake, I give her missions and goals and I expect her to see them through. In return I give her skills and training to undertake such tasks so that we both benefit. That is what a good apprenticeship is, a trade of responsibility and learning."

sith-divider-blue.png

Veradun nodded in agreement and understanding with the words of wisdom from his High Priest. It only made sense to the boy to consider those he was up against to be more prepared or advanced than he was, and he was happy to know that he was on the right train of thought in what he had said.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to somehow foster the thought or suggestion to my opponent that I am less than she is, so she will underestimate me and think I will be an easy victory. So if, or when, she overextends herself to put me down - I can take advantage of that myself.” Veradun said as he appeared in thought for a moment. “But, it would still be wise for me to consider her the greater foe at all times. That way I am not taken by surprise by anything that she will do in our duel.

Veradun noticed the somewhat surprised reaction from Darth Strosius when he changed the topic of the discussion into advice about the offer he had received. He watched the elder Sith carefully, for his decision would be made based on how this interaction would go, and the advice he would be given.

The boy was mildly surprised at what he heard; he knew that being apprenticed to a Sith Lord was a privilege given to few, but to hear that it was a great honor to be asked instead of simply taken brought a slight dusting of pink to the boy’s cheek bones. And it did make him wonder just why the Stranger had not done just that. Was it out of decorum, or respect for the boy himself, that made the mysterious Sith Lord offer the apprenticeship to him instead of simply demanding the teen to follow him?

He remained respectfully quiet as the Lord Inquisitor continued, paying attention to every word the man said. This was of great importance to him, and he would not disrespect what the Sith Lord had to say on the matter. He frowned slightly upon hearing that some Sith would use their apprentices as nothing more than tools, and though the warning was subtle, he did notice it.

He hoped he wouldn’t be just some tool for another Sith Lord. He knew in his heart that he was meant to be far more than that.

But as he was learning in the moment, no matter what role he would fill, there would be expectations placed upon his shoulders. And his role, at the most basic of levels, would be as an extension of whoever was to become his master. The boy’s eyes lit up when his sister was mentioned, and he nodded along in understanding.

She was, or had been, his best example of what it meant to be an apprentice to someone else. He had always noticed her dedication, the way she reacted and responded to Darth Strosius when the two of them were around one another. The boy was always in awe of it, and he hoped that one day he too could provide such dedication to whoever his master would be.

I always admired sister for how hard she worked to do what you asked of her. I wish I could talk to her right now too; I feel like she would have some things to tell me before I make a choice on this offer.” he said quietly, his voice a little sad that she wasn’t around, but it faded as his thoughts moved on to more questions in his head.

So…if I became an apprentice, I would be expected to do what they tell me to do, right? And in return they would teach me things? And I would be expected to follow whatever it is they believe or practice? What if it differs from what I believe? What if I’m asked to do things that I don’t like or want to do? Can they get rid of me or send me back home if they don’t like me? Is having a master better than being in the Academy?

He fired off his questions, and for a moment the almost stern and cold exterior he was wearing cracked to reveal the shy and nervous boy underneath, his fear of the unknown shining through the questions he asked of his High Priest. Another fear surfaced before he could truly rein himself in, dropping a clue as to who the Sith Lord in question might be - as the boy didn't know the Stranger's name.

What if he won’t won’t let me see my family ever again? O-or he tells me to fight against you or sister? He said he was allied to you so he wouldn’t do that… would he?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Cultivating such a façade could prove useful yes, so long as it is only a façade rather than a reality." Thankfully Veradun seemed to agree with that sentiment as to not be caught off-guard as it were. A slightly more mastered power or an alternative ability that the opponent lacked could mean all the difference between victory and defeat in a duel, especially at the level of Acolytes. "Let her run herself ragged trying to show off for her 'betters' while you conserve your strength to finish it."

Attrition was a difficult strategy to enact successfully of course but when deployed properly there was almost no chance of defeat, so long as the opponent didn't recognize it. When it came to battling other Sith half of the true fight was that of deception, a matter of who could hide their strengths and weaknesses better so that neither could be employed against them. A careful dance of unspoken lies and falsehoods to lull one another into positions of advantage.

When Veradun mentioned missing his sister and desiring her advice on the situation, there was a subtle clenching of the masked man's fist. It was quickly hidden and the little flareup masked as easily as it had erupted, but he couldn't quite help it. He too wished that Revna was among them instead of in the hands of the enemy. The thought made his throat run dry and prevented him from commenting on the little omission of the Acolyte, thankful when he moved on to more questions regarding his potential future apprenticeship.

The flurry of questions reminded him of his own apprentice. So much so that, despite the nervousness seeping into the boy's tone, he almost chuckled at the similar situation that he had been in with Revna many times before. The mention of this Sith being allied to himself made him cock his head to the side slightly, knowing just how small of a list of people that could be. Few dared to align with the masked man after all, one so controversial in the Order and yet one who hardly guaranteed much benefit to being in his good graces. There was only a handful of Sith that he'd even say he was on good terms with, let alone 'allied' with in any sense of the word.

Darth Strosius clicked his tongue and readied himself to answer the barrage of questions one at a time, but he paused. He stared at the younger Sith for a good few moments as though he was debating something before he eventually spoke. "Veradun, have I ever told you about my master?" He knew the answer already, that he hadn't, but he couldn't help the question. One that didn't invite a response but rather set the tone as he continued, beginning to weave his tale as he idly began pacing past Veradun with slow steps that echoed slightly in the mostly empty room.

"Darth Ophidia was a Dark Lord of the Sith, the Lady of Assassins, founder of the Tsis’Kaar, and by far one of the deadliest Sith to combat personally in recent history. She was at one with the shadows, not just making her home in them but indeed seeming part of them in her own right." It was perhaps the only time he had ever complimented his master to one of his followers, typically he only spoke of her in vague dismissal. A relic of an age long gone that wasn't worth thinking of. "I served her during the Sith Empire and afterwards before the Sith were solidified into the Order we exist in now. I was her extension, her executioner, her dutiful servant and student in most respects."

He sighed at the thought of such simpler times, when he didn't have the weight of the future on his shoulders. To serve was so much simpler than to lead. "But over time I saw how our paths...diverged. She loved the shadows too much you see, too willing to sit back and wait for opportunity, top unwilling to make such opportunities exist in the first place." He crossed his arms behind his back as he stared out over Faldos, his tone growing colder and more distant. His words almost completely lacked the earlier warmth that he spoke to Veradun with, lost in his reminiscing for the time being.

"When I realized that she wouldn't act to correct the mistakes of the past, that she wouldn't do what needed to be done, that she would wait and watch instead of doing her duty to the Sith, I knew what I had to do. Some might call it betrayal, but she was the one that failed to keep up her own goals and duties. She was the one that had betrayed me." He finally looked back at the Acolyte, turning to face him once more. "So I did what I had to do. I put her down, took what could be salvaged from her powerbase, and continued on the mission that she has promised we would fulfill. Does that answer your questions, young Sharr?"

sith-divider-blue.png

Veradun nodded studiously, taking mental notes with the advice given to him. It made sense to him to conserve his energy when engaged with an opponent. Though he was still so new and fresh to combat, to the art of fighting, he knew that he could only improve further - if he was wise enough to take the advice from those who were more experienced than he was.

Perhaps he would be put to the test later on, to see if he had taken such advice to heart? There was only one way to find out.

Fortunately for Darth Strosius, Veradun did not notice or catch on to the Sith Lord’s momentary flare up of tension when the boy mentioned his sister and missing her presence. Instead, the boy seemed more preoccupied by the other myriad of worrying questions that plagued his thoughts.

Though Veradun did catch the slight tilt to the masked Sith’s head when he mentioned that the Stranger was ‘allied’ to him. There was a momentary pause after the barrage of questions, and the young pale boy waited for answers to at least some of the questions that had been tormenting his mind. His High Priest seemed to be almost debating something, perhaps how best to answer such questions, before choosing to tell Veradun a story from his own past, when he himself had had a master.

The Nagai boy was attentive, his ears open to hearing what the Sith Lord wanted to tell him, his pale eyes tracing after the elder Sith as he paced. He was keen enough to know that important information could be hidden away within a story; and he had been around his High Priest long enough to know that the man oftentimes buried important tidbits and messages into his recountings and stories and sermons. Veradun knew that whatever Darth Strosius was going to share with him, would have the answers he was seeking after.

Veradun had heard of Darth Ophidia before, indeed he had read about her when learning who the most notable Sith of the Order had been, both past and present - though truthfully he had been unaware that his High Priest had been her apprentice.

As the story continued, however, the young Nagai noticed the shift in the Sith Lord’s tone. The warmth that had been there was replaced by a coldness that made the boy narrow his eyes slightly. He caught on to the statements that Darth Strosius had been a loyal and dutiful apprentice to the Sith Lady - that was until they both seemed to go down different paths.

The young boy blinked in surprise when he heard that the Sith Lord standing before him had cut down his master. One could do that? The boy asked himself internally. It didn’t seem honorable, at all. A betrayal that was nearly unthinkable, at least for him. He almost spoke up to object against such a thing, but a nudge from his conscience told him to remain quiet and truly listen to what was being told.

In the silence that followed the Sith Lord’s recounting, the boy pondered on everything that he had heard, comparing it to the questions he had asked, soon he began to see answers that had been hidden within. Slowly, he nodded as understanding began to dawn on him.

I…I think so. A good apprenticeship is where the master and student would have a common goal, a shared vision. But if the two begin to feel that things should be done differently, or conflict with one another - that is where problems arise.

Veradun’s pale eyes slid away as he stepped up to look out of the large viewing windows to see the planet of Faldos beyond. “It seems…wrong…to kill one’s master. Surely there are oaths or bindings that take place that are sacred and to be upheld? But…that would become null and void should one or the other fail to uphold their side, wouldn’t it? It wouldn’t be a betrayal then to remove such a hindrance. A dying or dead branch on a vine needs to be pruned for the rest of the vine to be healthy.

The boy turned his icy gaze back to the Sith Lord. “That is what you did when you killed your master, isn’t it? You pruned off a dead thing and thus proved stronger than her. So if my master should prove to be a dead or useless thing…then it is only best that I prune that off as well?” he asked, a more cunning glint to his eyes that hinted at the buried insidious nature he harbored deep within, before his eyes lowered as he looked away. “I suppose that could go for the apprentice as well, wouldn’t it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom