Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Veles Hydropower Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
sci-fi-3d-constructions-buildings_16.jpg

Image Source: Found here.

Intent: Alternative energy sources for the galaxy.

Development Thread: None

Manufacturer: Salacia Consolidated

Model: Veles Hydropower Station

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: Only the addition of additional battery banks.

Production: Mass Produced

Material: Durasteel, aluminum(paddles/wheel),Duracrete(foundation/base)

Description: Veles Hydropower Station attempts to bring a piece of modern humanity to worlds with little to no infrastructure. Veles Hydropower Station uses the power of flowing water to drive a turbine and generator located inside the station. Power can be directly fed into a source(i.e. textile machine or residence) or stored in a bank of batteries for later use. Power not used is automatically stored in batteries unless the end user decides otherwise.

In order to function properly the Veles Hydropower Station must be stationed over a stream or river with water that flows at a minimum of 6km per hour. Some care must be taken in reguards to the wheel. Storm overflow into rivers that bring trees,rocks, and various other debris must be watched carefully. This can damage the wheel or potentially knock it off.

With faster water speed comes more power. This station could potentially power a small village-run factory (textile mill,minor fabrication,etc) or several small residences and their various applicances (advanced powered fencing, moisture vaporators,etc). Calculations would need to be done to determine power output and additional batteries purchased for said expansion.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Research Review
Without Dev Threads
  • n/a

With Dev Threads
  • n/a
Suggestions

I love this concept, and I'd stamp this pending secondary.

I do have some suggestions.

How about making this a combo hydro and solar power? Use the outside space you have to place some solar panels for using as much natural resource as you possibly can?

Unless you just want to make this a pure hydroplant for areas where there is only water as the main source...

OOO... perhaps even suggest an underwater version of it for ocean planets or lakes?

If you like it how it is, I'll stamp it approved pending secondary. Just giving you some options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom