Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voting Time

So, as a faction we have been quite active. Many projects are in the works and many others in current stages of progress/completion. It has been talked among the BR Admins that we should look toward striving for Major Faction status, giving us the freedom to grow and extend our influence in the galaxy.

Also, there has been another option opened up to us as well. We could leave the OS as a sub-faction and join the ORI as a sub-faction (still maintaining ourselves as a Minor Faction) with them, which is also in stages of bringing other minor factions, like us, into the mix.

I will explain the two options.

Option 1: As a Major Faction we are free to Dominion planets and increase our Influence Cloud which means more planets for resources and more planets for us to build upon. Conduct Invasions and be invaded upon. As a Major Faction, we can forge our own identity and destiny, shaping the faction as we see fit or how we wish to envision it. We can form alliances with other factions while working on creating enemies IC. I won't get into details how a Major Faction operates since most already understand this.

Option 2: By joining the ORI, we will forgo the Major Faction status and leave the OS as a sub-faction, turning us into an independent minor faction, or a sub-faction within the ORI. As a member of the ORI, we will be free to pursue planets of our choosing through Dominions. Though it will technically be under the banner of the ORI, any and all planets we take for the Black Rose will be OURS, and since they will be ours, only we have a say on how the planet is ruled while following the guidelines set forth by the ORI.

Also, just like a Major Faction, we will be allowed to own and operate a military presence (while abiding to site rules) to defend our worlds, while again having the freedom to do with them as we see fit. Now, the best way I can describe how the ORI works is that it is similar in the way NATO and the UN works, except their will be a single leader that oversees all the factions (minor/sub) within the ORI membership.

I'm well aware that there are members of the OS (myself included) that are part of this Faction, just as there are a number of members that are only in the Black Rose. Regardless of where you stand, this Faction is both Sith and Darkside based. Though it has been said from the onset that one doesn't need to be Sith to be in the Black Rose.

Regardless if we go Major or join the ORI, this faction will be going through some changes. Two of the most notable will be the inclusion of NFUs and male characters. The latter will have a Brotherhood section, just as there will be a revised Sisterhood section; but both sides including the NFUs that wish to join one of the sects or work toward the forthcoming military aspect of the Faction will all be members family in the Covenant of the Black Rose.

Previously this idea was put forth and was met with mixed reviews. However, mixed reviews or not, we will be moving forward with one of the two options. If you feel the desire to leave, then you shall go with our blessings of good fortune. This is not a decision to hurt feelings, cause drama between writers, or be viewed as backstabbing. This is what it seems, a way for everyone to participate in something different or give writers a fresh perspective.

As I stated earlier, we will be undergoing some changes and feedback (in a different thread of course) will be welcomed, appreciated, and talked over with all the Admins here at the conclusion of the voting process.

It should be known that the Admins here could have voted for this among themselves, but that would be unfair to everyone within the Black Rose. So instead we are putting this to a vote to all the members here that have been active, semi-active, or simply trying to find their place/home with us.

There is only two options to vote for.....so cast your vote now. And for the fairness of this vote, we will leave this up for a week (24 Aug - 31 Aug).

Thank you.....and for those that opt to leave, I thank you for being here.

I though hard and long about this. When I first started up this Faction, I thought it would be an excellent sub-faction among the OS. Months later, and several projects completed.....I feel a sub-faction to anyone will not be in our best interest. There are some great pointes for both cases, but to quote a good friend of mine

Do we really one to subjugate ourselves to another Major when we can become ourselves
Those might not be the exact words.....but eh.

So my Vote......

.....Option 1: Move toward Major.

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
[member="Shuduc Macar"]

For the avoidance of doubt, you can be a member of as many Major Factions as you like. The ONLY time it be ones an issue is with Invasions, when you need to decide which is your MAIN Major Faction that you choose to represent.

[member="Shuduc Macar"]

What [member="Darth Timoris"] said. You do not have to Relinquish your role in the OS. I'm still going to be a card-carrying member there. We are leaving the OS as a Sub-Faction only, while going Major Faction. We will still have ties with the OS. Most of us here all Sith, and there is no reason for us not to continue being Sith.

((Sumiko's writer here))

Not sure whether the vote is still open because timezones are weird that way, but I'm abstaining since I just joined. My question is, where will this group be setting up shop planet-wise if it goes major?

Since Fringe dissolved, a big chunk of the western half of the map is free. And OP is going minor and not doing anything anyway.

[member="Moira Skaldi"] the place we will be setting up was discussed, the capital will likely be on Sanya's planet we will be starting a large dev thread for soon. 300 plus posts is the goal for discovering it, the nexus there and the naturally evolving darkside creatures. It would be in the hex between kesh and Crystalsong to give us that little region and move us towards dagobah in time. That is assuming we get the dev thread done by the time we are ready for major is not Kesh will be the temporary capital until world is finished and on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom