Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will be out for a week 5/20 to 5/27

So Wednesday morning I'm having a desperately needed surgery to repair a bit of damage to my spine. I'll be staying overnight in the hospital, with the possibility of a second night depending on how things go. And I really don't imagine that I'll be feeling well enough to do much for the first couple of days. So, don't expect me to be around folks. I may get bored after a few days though and come back early but all of that really depends on how I'm feeling. Any warm fuzzy thoughts and or prayers my way, would be much appreciated.

And for those I'm posting with across all my characters, my apologies for the short notice. I'll get right on posts as soon as I return or am able to post. Don't worry I promise I won't forget. :)

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] | [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Felicity Mason"] | [member="Owain"]​
[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Callista Gseran"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]​

Connor Harrison

C
[member="Coryth Elaris"] Wishing you all the very best for your surgery, and here's to a quick and speedy recovery.

Take care of yourself, and we look forward to seeing you back in action and feeling 100%. :)

Thank you guys, for all the well wishes and fuzzy thoughts! I'll be back in no time, and with luck feeling so much better. :) I'll keep you guys updated as I can. See you all when I get back.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]​

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Feel good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRQizPcZWBI

Fuzzy Stuff as requested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CNd6OGdMO8

Found an entire hospital singing a getwell song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p2ogM7uaaU
Which although terrible was a nice touch :)

It’ll be over and done before you know it, and then on to the rest of your life. :) *hugs*
[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Just giving a quick update. The surgery went off without a hitch. Once they removed the problematic and damaged tissue that was compressing the nerve roots in my back, the nerve activity in that area that they were monitoring instantly responded and strengthened.

Now to put this into context, I was in a nasty car accident nearly five years ago. The accident did a fair amount of damage to my spine and I was extremely lucky to have walked away at all. Most of the injured discs in my back healed within two years. However one would not heal, and gradually got worse. It got to the point that from time to time, I'd have searing stabbing pain down both legs, or I'd just lose feeling completely in my right leg. Over the last two months, it started to really rapidly decline, with weakness in that leg on top of the pain, to a few times where I couldn't move my foot up and down. So the surgery I'd been trying to avoid for almost five years, I suddenly found myself on the waitlist for the first cancellation that my surgeon had.

I was told that I'd likely not see a lot of difference at first after surgery. Informed that it could be three months before I'd get to feeling a lot better Though he did tell me there was a small chance that I'd wake without anymore pain in my legs, and just be sore and hurting around the surgery site. This time, for me I was one of the lucky few. I woke up with no pain in my legs at all and am just sore around that one spot where he cut on me. And right now standing is extremely painful but that will heal in a couple of weeks. This was the absolute best possible outcome for me. Which means now that I'm in recovery, I can start to get back all the things I love, outdoors, indoors and so on, stuff that had been too painful for me for nearly five years.

Thank you, all of you for the sweet kind words. And for those that sent me flowers, warm wishes and fuzzy thoughts thank you so very much. All of those actions brightened my day and made what was a bit of a rough day a whole lot better. Now I feel like I can actually celebrate the fact that I'm on my way to recovery and a happier, healthier life. Thanks everyone. Thank you for taking the time to help make my day better. You guys are all so awesome.<3!

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]​
[member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Tefka"] | [member="Lorelei Darke"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom