Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Would you all be interested in a townhall VC discussing the pros and cons of using anime avatars?

I feel like people get way too emotional over text criticism in this community so I'd like to offer another podcast segment where we discuss how anime is potentially hurting the Star Wars RP community. This allows an easier digestible dialogue, as was done recently with the Mandalorians Writing Room, and I feel it's a serious enough discussion to warrant the attention.

I am available this weekend, and we can record the session and post it on youtube for the podcasters.

Nah. People get bent out of shape over who uses what avatars.

Star wars is a world with a lot of looks. Let people use what they want, and if you don't like it, just don't RP with them.

I don’t think a podcast is needed, people can be reasonable adults.

As long as they're PG13 and not too revealing or sexualised, I don't care personally.

This. Because Star Wars Visions and the Comic Book / manga opened up a whole new cool way of exploring Star Wars via different art styles, including anime, that hit the spot. If the art style suits the character within what it is being played, and it isn’t going against the PG13 rules, it’s fine.

Not to be the wet blanket but the OP's question seemed less about asking for opinions atm and more:

Do you guys want to participate in a townhall this weekend to hash it through?

As long as they're PG13 and not too revealing or sexualised, I don't care personally.

I think also the anime that it comes from has to be considered too. I've also seen a few very obviously cropped NSFW drawings be used as avatars. Anime avatars are also cringe

...Unrelated to just "anime" avatars, anytime, we find an avatar or art that crosses the line or is from something inappropriate we remove it. The issue you'll find if they still exist is that A.) We didn't see it... or B.) We did see it but don't know what we're seeing... It was either cropped well or we don't know WTF it is or WTF it's from.

If you come across something hit report.

I don’t actually care about anime avatars guys its been 10 years of this running joke, I was just proving how easy it is to change the subject in this medium.

As a wise man once told Srina Talon Srina Talon , address the behavior not the situation.

There are weirdos who wear anime faces. It’s not very easy to convince me all anime people are weird based on that. Also I love DBZ. I also love Netsphere.

Also shoutout to Junji Ito. This is my hole.

As a wise man once told Srina Talon Srina Talon Srina Talon Srina Talon , address the behavior not the situation.

f059b2477fce4dcffc2da68fb8a7c4c0.png

Look out guys, time to ban emotes on site.

I love tefka i love the glorious leader i forfeit all my jokes for glorious leader also i love everyone we're a family guys can't we all just get along hahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaha i love tefka

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom