OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent:To Create a standardized weapon for RMIA and our buyers
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: Particle Beam
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: The twisted machinations of my mind
- Manufacturer: RMIA
- Model: AR-37 Particle Rifle
- Affiliation: Closed Markets (ask first)
- Modularity: Moderate; appearance may be changed, mounts may be swapped out
- Production: Minor
- Material: Durasteel, weapon parts
- Classification: Particle Beam
- Size: Rifle-size
- Length: 610 mm
- Weight: 2.8 kg
- Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
- Ammunition Capacity: Power pack: 25, gas canister capacity: 60
- Effective Range: Battlefield/personal
- Rate of Fire: Single fire, autofire
- Over/Under barrel mounts
- Faraday cage
- HUD Integration
- Stun setting
- Adjustable stock
- Barrel Attachment
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
- Faraday cage: A beautiful copper wire mesh to protect the vital electronic bits on this rifle
- HUD integration: The AR-37 integrates flawlessly with your HUD for ease of use and maximum effectiveness.
- Barrel attachment: Sometimes on a steal operation you need a silencer or suppressor, this is an attachment for that.
- Various attack modes: The rifle here can go for a single shot setting, or auto fire to suit the needs of combat.Whether its a single shot or a wall of fire, a stun round or a more lethal approach, this rifle is ready to lay it down.
- Kinetic damage: Wanna know what is really awesome about this rifle? Its energy in every gorgeous shot.The rounds fired from an AR-37 contain a pretty gorgeous punch, it makes it a nightmare to saber jockeys everywhere trying to deflect the bolts since they kinda explode on impact (per the wookie on particle beams).
- Durable: Sand? Snow? Mud? The AR-37 can handle it all without jamming. Her firing action is pretty hardened against these sorts of things, and she's got some pretty amazing cooling action to prevent overheating. The barrel is re-enforced to prevent warping, this badgirl is ready to go all night long.
- HUD required: This is not a "HUD optional" weapon. The user has to have a HUD to even turn the safety off, all controls are attached to a HUD. Switching from single shot to full auto requires HUD interface, as does switching from stun to lethal rounds.Without a HUD the AR-37 is just a glorified (expensive) club.
- Short magazine: Most blaster rifles fire like 500 plus rounds or something crazy like that.The AR-37 has traded this magnanius ammo capacity for punching power.
Let's be honest, everyone has been wanting to see what RMIA could do with a combat rifle. Alright, so maybe the hype was all on our side, but we decided to make one anyway.
Blasters are just way too mainstream for RMIA's building tastes and they honestly do not pack enough of a punch.The old R&D team began to fiddle with their eclectic tastes in standardized technology to find what really works. Sadly, this was the one case where Electromagnetic plasma would not do the job, so instead they settled on Particle beams.It was a healthy balance between the illegal-in-most-civilized-systems Disruptor and the vanilla blaster.
So, with the base line particle beam tech, all there was left to do was make it pretty tempered, and by that we mean, able to withstand all that the galaxy has to offer. That's not an easy thing, you know, making a rifle that is able to weather frosty Hoth as well as it weathers burning Mustafar. But, we did it.And of course, you know after that we had to add our singature parts like the over/under barrel mounts, Faraday cage, and all the wonderful things we put on all our small arms and personal tech.
Now what really makes this rifle a cut above the rest is just the particle beam itself.The rounds of the AR-37 will explode on impact, making a fairly sizable kinetic discharge. This could be a problem in hostage situations or other tight quarter stuff, so ya know, be smart and use discretion. Now that makes the rounds fairly volatile. While armor can do wonders to stop the thermal part of this weapon's damage, most would find themselves at odds with the kinetic force, which is really able to cause the lovely bits of internal bleeding, tissue damage, broken bones, and other gorgeous bits of damage that we all love.
All in all, this is just a Particle Rifle.
Edited by Ardgal Raxis, 20 June 2017 - 10:07 PM.