OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To make a base-line infantry unit for the Commenor faction like I promised I would a while ago
- Image Credit: Here
- Links: Commenor
- Unit Name: Commenor Regulars
- Affiliation: Lady Kay the Commenor System Alliance
- Classification: Infantry
- CAR 7 ASSAULT SHATTER RIFLE
- AR-35 PARTICLE RIFLE
- EMPR LANCER SHARPSHOOTER RIFLE
- GHOST SHATTER RIFLE
- K-40 APL (ALL PURPOSE LAUNCHER)
- FRG HELLION FLECHETE REPEATER
- S-3 MANGLER SONIC PISTOL
- SF SONIC GAUNTLET
- ARAN-12 PAULDRON
- GUARDIAN SYSTEM
- JS-7 DAEDALUS-CLASS JETPACK
- GPP PLASMA BURST MINES
- P-6 PATTY EXPLOSIVE PACKAGE
- AIT GRINDER
- HARDBACK CLASS TROOP TRANSPORT
- Availability: Common
- Deployment: Mass
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Teamwork: The Commenor Regulars are taught to work together almost like a seamless army, they are no mere rabble mindlessly shooting, spraying, and praying. They follow a set heiarchy, and as far as soldiers go, are pretty well disciplined.
- Green Horns: Most of the Commenor Regulars are not battle hardened vets, most of them are fresh or semi-fresh out of the academy. Sure, they can follow orders and shoot pretty well, but they lack the instincts honed over time by vets or battle-worn warriors.
- Police duties: There are not many soldiers able to adequately fulfill the duties of law enforcement when required. The Commenor Regulars are able to seamlessly fit into this role with ease.
- Special Ops: These guys are not super stealthy units, they are not forced recon units, they certainly are not some sort of shock trooper unit or really any of that stuff. These guys and gals are just regular old soldiers who run off of good old fashioned patriotism and the love of their kinfolk.
- Description: The people of a nation are only as safe as its government's military is strong. While it is wonderful to have flashy tanks, massive walkers, and all sorts of spec ops units, the bulk of any military has been (and always will be) its grunts. The Commenor Regulars are not some specialized fighting force, they are not a warrior legion bent on pure destruction, they are everyday mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers who just want to make sure their families are able to sleep safely at night.
Commenor Regulars are your average "meat can" of the Commenor Force. Each soldier is recruited from the local system and after passing a mental and physical evaluation are cleared to begin boot camp and basic training. Here the recruits are taught how to follow orders, even under extreme stress, marksmanship, basic hand to hand and melee combat, and how to work as a well-oiled machine. Sure they aren't some sort of commando unit, but really, these guys are here for a different purpose.And they do their job quite well.
In accordance with a rather cushy contact RMIA signed with Queen Kay, the Commenor Regulars are supplied with RMIA weapons, tactical gear, and training. That means they are free to use the full extend of RMIA's arsinol--with the exception of gear that RMIA made for other contract holders of course.
The Commenor Regulars lack any considerably special training. They are not super stealthy, expert marksmen, cunning liars, or adept intel gatherers. What sets them a cut above is their ability to follow orders, their team work, and their numbers. The Regulars fill that roll for the Commenor Government to protect and serve in combat time of mass infantry. All in all, they are just infantry units.