Good evening folks,
Just a few housekeeping updates, the major one concerning Restricted Materials and Event Rewards.So without further ado changes are in green. These changes are effective immediately.More streamlining will be coming within the next month or so, so keep a lookout.
Event Rewards Codex/Factory rules:
- Event Rewards are only valid for redemption within 90 days of the award date.
Restricted materials update:
- Made Hijama stone, Ionite, Isotope 5, Laminanium, Neuraniam, personal cloaking device, ultrachrom and winterium free a unique for the Technology forum.
- Designated a large list of the missions for RM's to be "U-Pick" missions so they are not fixed on specific ones.
- For Alchemized Artifacts, Artifical Intel, Force Nexus, Impervium, Orblisk, Stygium Crystal, Void stone have fixed missions.
- Impervium had its mission changed to ( In collaboration with another writer, write a story in an invasion/Rebellion that results in the complete loss of the ship you are PC Captaining - OR - In a duel with another writer, suffer a devastating defeat in an Invasion/Rebellion thread.)
- Formatting changes like removing the alphabet portion for both restricted and banned items.
Restricted & Banned Items
Taken from the main Restricted & Banned Items Article
This list is subject to change without notice. Changes will not affect past submissions.
A writer must first complete the objective attached to the restricted item in a convincing manner that adds to the quality of the role-play thread. Submissions using Restricted Items will be reviewed by a Role-play Judge and may be declined depending on the quality and effort of the submitter.
Standard objective completion may grant between Unique and a max Limited production depending on the submission. Each completed objective usually only counts for one submission.
Any submission which uses a Factory Submitted base material based on a Restricted Material (e.g., A Phrik Armourweave submission) will a have a maximum production value of Semi-Unique.
If a restricted material is traded between characters, please link to purchase/trade thread of the restricted item along with the seller's original resource gathering thread.
Only in rare instances are two restricted materials allowed per submission, but it's all dependent on intent. New alloys created by blending two or more Restricted Materials are not allowed.
Submissions in the Technology Forum with a restricted material from the list below will not require a completed ‘restricted material’ objective thread as long as the item that is being submitted is labeled as Unique. For more extensive productions and all other Factory Forums, please see the Restricted Materials Mission Board.
- Echani graphite
- Hijarna stone
- Isotope 5
- Mandalorian Iron (( See: Beskar ))
- Personal Cloaking Device
Restricted Materials Mission Board
Please select a mission thread below best suited for your needs for larger productions and all other Factory forums.
Mining: With one or more other writers, perform a public skirmish, mining operation, a raid, excavation, or steal to obtain the Restricted Materials from any of the following planets.
Isotope 5: Makeb
With three or more other characters your character is familiar with, complete a story about how you met in the distant past.
With two or more characters your character is not familiar with, become trapped in hostile territory and escape.
With two or more writers, complete a role-play in reverse, starting with its end and ending with it’s beginning.
With two or more other writers, complete a Bounty thread from one of the posted Bounties on the Bounty Board.
With two or more other writers, successfully raid a Tier 5+ company in a public skirmish.
Complete a role-play from an NPC’s perspective who is accompanying your character.
Write a story about your character enduring personal sacrifice to save/help a stranger.
In a public Skirmish, successfully infiltrate and escape from a military base submitted to the Codex by another writer.
Fixed Restricted Materials Missions
Submissions submitted with the following listed Restricted Materials have specific RM Mission Parameters that must be met in all cases. Please review the Restricted Material below for the mission guidelines. These are not included as free of RM missions at Unique.
Embark on a quest to research, locate and recover or create the alchemized, Force Imbued, Force artifact/item in question. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.
Artificial Intelligence (Non-Droid)
- Objective: A thesis must be written, either in a blog or over the course of a role-play thread, consisting of the concepts of your Artificial Intelligence’s design. Scientific journal excerpts from your character’s time spent designing the Artificial Intelligence must be included. Minimum 1000 words total. --OR--Persuade a Player Character (not of your creation) to have their consciousness uploaded to a crystal matrix in order to serve as your AI's central core.
Force Nexus [Locations, Planets, Items]
Embark on a quest to locate / create and research the Nexus in question. The larger and more powerful the Nexus, the more unique writers should be involved in the process. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.
In collaboration with another writer, write a story in an invasion/Rebellion that results in the complete loss of the ship you are PC Captaining - OR - In a duel with another writer, suffer a devastating defeat in an Invasion/Rebellion thread.
- Objective: Closed to Lightsiders. Darkside only, must be a force user. Travel to Dxon and attempt to find the parasite and construct the armor (or what you're trying to do), must have every post of the dev thread be a haiku - 15-20 posts without repeating a line more than 3 times --OR-- (Darksiders only) In a public thread, visit or explore three approved Codex Locations created by Darkside-oriented PCs, ending with orbalisks attaching themselves onto your body as they feed off your Force Sensitivity.
Objective: With two or more characters that your character does not already know, get trapped in Otherspace by a hyperdrive accident and escape - OR - Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain small amounts of Void Stone from any of the following planets: Kayri, Elrood, or Caeliar. As with all restricted materials, this objective applies to the use of derivative materials (such as voidsteel or Velokite). Note that derivative materials often have specific affiliations. (Either options are only suitable for Semi-Unique production or less)
i. Banned Items are not permitted to be used in canon role-play threads on Star Wars RP: Chaos without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.
ii. Banned Items are not permitted to be used in submissions within the Factory without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.
iii. Banned Items are only permitted to be used in Non-Canon role-play threads or Non-Canon Campaign threads.
- Celestial Technology
- Extragalactic Subjects (canon species/technology/planets/etc exempt.)
- Gree Technology (Not including Nav Computers: they provide no information on the technology of the Gree)
- Neutron Bomb
- Nanotechnology: All nanotechnology is banned.[ x ]
- Plagiarism: Any obvious use of material from outside the Star Wars universe, including but not limited to: Gundam Wing, Halo, Marvel, DC Universe, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, etc. Attempted plagiarism could result in disciplinary action as it directly contradicts Star Wars RP: Chaos’s General Rules.
- Quantum-crystalline Armor
- Rakata Technology
- Stargate ( See: Hypergate )