OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A sign of Ignis' training in the use of Force imbued weapons
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link:
- Restricted Missions:
- Through Fire and Flames - Learns from Forgemaster Emberfall of the Je'daii Order how to create a force imbued sword
- Primary Source: Me
- Manufacturer: Ignis
- Model: "Oathkeeper"
- Affiliation: Ignis Imura
- Modularity: No.
- Production: Unique
- Classification: Arming sword
- Size: One handed
- Length: 110 cm
- Weight: 1.7 kgs
- Force imbued
- Attuned to Ignis
- Special grip.
- Neutral Force Presence
- Kiin'dray leather provides a grip on the weapon that will not easily be taken. Prevents the weapon from getting knocked out of his hands.
- Force imbued canon effects: Lightsaber resistance, superior cutting power, destroys force ghosts.
- Attuned to Ignis, the sword feels as though its is the pure extension of his arm. Allowing great ease to wield this weapon. Anyone else will find it difficult to use feeling off balance or strange in their own hands.
- Force imbued canon effects: Force nullification reverts the sword to a "standard" state where it can easily be destroyed.
- Doesn't have the same cutting power as a lightsaber. It can cut through lighter armors, but plate armor is the bane of it's existence.
- The weapon can still be taken away from the person's hands, and the wrap can be damaged, thus not providing the effect, Force nullification also applies to the grip as well.
Ignis is a man of knowledge. Learning all he can about anything the Je'daii can provide him. Along the way, Ignis has decided to create a force imbued sword. One that will signify one more step to becoming a Je'daii Ranger, and to push his limits. This is the first sword he has created, and thus is slightly over the basic form of the weapon.
Created in mind that Ignis is more adept at hand to hand combat, the sword is used in only one hand. While two could be possibly used, the length of the grip is not quite long enough to warrant the use of two hands. The idea of using only one hand is to allow him to still have function with his open hand for martial arts, and to use both his training in hand to hand combat, and with a sword in conjunction. While the sword is longer than your average arming sword, or knightly sword, it is built with Ignis' size in mind. Giving him just a little bit more reach with the blade. Guard to defend against lightsabers or other melee weapons, and a pointed pommel to smash into enemy faces if he needs.
Creating a Durasteel and Alusteel alloy to create a durable blade, with a little less weight than what would have been a sword of it's size, The weapon is imbued with the force and connected to Ignis. The sword feels as a pure extension of himself. Thus when wielding the blade, he can do so with better finesse than someone without that connection to their own sword. Added to this, should someone else attempt to wield the blade, it will feel unbalanced, and unnatural. Strikes can be come inaccurate, and even miss entirely.
One special thing added to the sword after creation is the use of Kiin'dray leather. It allows Ignis to have a much better grip upon the weapon, and just acts as a safeguard to prevent someone from taking the sword away from him.
Edited by Ignis Imura, 26 November 2017 - 10:31 AM.