OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent:To bring a new weapon into the market for Law Enforcement and Military use.
- Image Source: Image | Image Source | Ammnra Creations
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Glie-44 Blaster Pistol
- Manufacturer: Barabian Systems
- Model: Glie-50 Blaster Pistol
- Affiliation: Open-Market
- Modularity: Yes - The firerate can be increased from single-shot to three burst and the stopping power of the pistol along with its stun setting taken away for the Military Variant.
- Material: Durasteel, Blaster Components
- Classification: Blaster Pistol
- Size: Handheld
- Length: 340mm
- Weight: 0.9kg
- Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Canister
- Ammunition Capacity: Police Variant: Power Pack Capacity of 100 Shots, Gas Canister Capacity of 400 shots. Military Variant: Power Pack Capacity of 50 Shots, Gas Canister Capacity of 300 Shots.
- Effective Range: Personal
- Rate of Fire: Single Shot(Police Variant), Three-Round Burst (Military Variant)
- Stun Setting(Police Variant): With the adjustment of a switch on the grip of the pistol, the shots can be switched to a stun setting in order to subdue aggressors, rather than fire at them with lethal intent.
- Adjustable Firerate(Military Variant): With no Stun Setting included on the military version, the switch on the grip instead adjusts the fire rate of the weapon between the regular three-round burst or single shot.
- Adaptability: With the weapon having two variants and each of them having a feature that allows them to adjust for certain situations or preferences, the Glie-50 is a versatile weapon.
- Light: Thanks to the components used and the thin amount of durasteel on the outer casing of the weapon, it is very light and easy to handle.
- Fragility: An issue thanks to the low amount of plating on the weapon is a lack of durability; the pistol requires a bit more regular maintenance than usual, and can be easily put out of commission if it is shot by another blaster or struck with a lot of force.
- Overheating: Due to the alignment of the internal components, the Glie-50 is more prone to overheating due to repeated fire than the average weapon, especially if using the three-round burst of the military version.
The Glie-50 was a weapon schematic that had been stuck circulating in planning for years, and never completed. With the new acquisition of Barabian Systems and their expansion, the concept was finally put into practice after so much time had passed. Designed to be an adaptable blaster pistol that could be used by police or military officers, bounty hunters or frontiersman, the Glie-50 is intended to be useful in any kind of combat situation.
The overheating issue is a long-term design flaw with the internal components that also make the weapon more adjustable; despite the effort of Barabian Systems researchers, the issue couldn't be fixed and was deemed acceptable. The issue with the weapon's durability was expected and decided as being a necessary flaw in order to accommodate a lighter weight and easier handling of the weapon, to increase its attempted widespread appeal.