OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: This planet will be made to provide a homeworld for the subhuman species known as the Sociphs. I want a harsh planet that spawn even harsher inhabitants.
- Image Credit: I want the planet to not really have been discovered yet as those from it will be vastly xenophobic and refuse to tell much about its location other than vague descriptions.
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Planet Name: Antisoch
- Demonym: Sociph
- Region: Unknown
- System Name: Unknown
- System Features: Only one sun, days last about 36 hours, twelve of which are filled with daylight. The long nights are filled with three moons.
- Coordinates: Unknown
- Major Imports: If anything, weapons. The planet is a closely guarded secret.
- Major Exports: Mercenaries and killers. All it's good for.
- Gravity: 1.25x standard earth gravity. The inhabitants are dense and strong.
- Climate: The climate is arid, very little green grows on the planet. What does can survive on very little sunlight and long periods of darkness. It's largely a vast desert.
- Primary Terrain: Most of the planet is a desert but some grasslands exist. The grass that grows on this planet is different than others as there is a fairly large amount of protein that the subhuman inhabitants can ingest and process in their stomachs.
Major Locations: As time stands there is only one city on the planet that is worth mentioning: Achirak. It is brought to light as it is the only place on the planet that has any outside contact with the rest of the galaxy. The planet is held in the iron grasp of its rulers.
- Native Species: Sociph (Sub-species of human), Tarish (Sub-culture of Sociph)
- Immigrated Species: None.
- Population: Moderately populated
- Demographics: 99% of the population is Sociph or Tarish, the rest are barely trusted alien or human traders.
- Primary Languages: Sociphi, a harsh language that somewhat parallels galactic basic. It is said to make many uncomfortable when heard
- Culture: The Sociph dominate their planet with an iron fist. Ninety-nine percent of the world's native population are born force dead and with what the outer galaxy would call sociopathology. It is a population made up almost entirely of psychopaths. They feel no remorse and very little emotion that could be called healthy. They make up about 90% of the population. The rest is the Tarish subspecies that could almost be called a "normal" human. They aren't born force dead and feel a full range of human emotions. They are very prone, however to a diminishing of feeling and a "sociopathation" in which they will actively become very much like their Sociph rulers. The Tarish are removed from the larger part of the population in cities that are ruled by a Sociph "president". It is often a right of passage for a Sociph noble to have to enter the closely knit population and murder one of them in cold blood, bringing the body back to their family as a trophy. Due to the high prevalence of psychopathy in men, many women are born Tarish. Those that are deemed worthy (attractive enough) are kept as slaves for their Sociph families, many are sold to avoid the problem of inbreeding. It's largely unknown how such a culture has managed to survive for so long but somehow brutal and savage inhabitants have made it work. It could be due to the relatively low population rate and incredibly high mortality rate.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: "Barely held together" Confederacy
- Affiliation: Each sectioned part of the planet pays tribute to the ruling class stationed in Achirak. The class is spread out and its enforcers see to it that the tribute is paid.
- Wealth: Those in power have much but care little for it. If wealth is something that gives them more power they value it greatly. What they enjoy is the feeling or subfeeling they get from exercising their power.
- Stability: The government is barely functioning, if it can be described as a government. There are few laws to keep the people in line and power is readily and easily taken. Those in power will do whatever possible to maintain it. The ruling family has miraculously been in power for several generations.
- Freedom & Oppression: The Sociph have much in the way of freedom as there are few laws that actually affect them. Most feuds are settled in swift bloodshed and little is cared about for more than a few seconds. The Tarish are burdened by laws and regulations that keep them from venturing far from their farming or mining cities. They spread rumors of what the Sociph are really like, a showing that fear is a fantastic motivator.
- Military: The Sociph fend for themselves in all manner of the word. They have prepared little for an outside assault as they are fairly confident they will never be found by any true power in the galaxy. The military is primarily composed of Sociph commoners with noble officers. When the entire planet despises authority it is challenging at best to keep a functioning military. For many people "the army" coming to their city means raping and pillaging.
- Technology: It isn't entirely certain where the Sociph are able to get their technology but they have found a way to traverse space around their planet. What they need from the outside galaxy they will trade or kill for. On their own, however, they were able to develop advanced projectile weapons that seared flesh and bone with every successful hit.
There are many rumors amongst long winded and desperate space farers about the origins of the planet. Some say it was settled by lost human travelers millenia ago who did what they had to do to survive. Some say that the Sociph developed naturally on their planet from a certain breed of ape. Little is set in stone because the Sociph simply don't care.