So, this 'guide' will take the form of bulletpoints. Add legit points in the replies and I will add them in this compilation.
1. Practical > Pretty
2. If it's working, ignore the weird noises. Don't fix it.
3. If it ain't running, tape and oil works on anything.
4. EVA Suit always near by.
5. Hydrospanner always at hand's reach.
6. Smacking things usually helps stuff run smoother if oil doesn't.
7. State-of-the-art tech means low fuel consumption. Nothing more.
8. Gun always at hand's reach.
9. ALWAYS USE UNIVERSAL PARTS!!!
10. Smuggled fuel is best fuel. Plenty 'round ORC space. Ignore the stutter of the engines, it's nothing.
11. Long distress beacon is a must.
12. Mainstream hyperlanes are for the weak.
13. Star Wars WD-40 is a magical spray. Spray it on anything other than your food.
14. Shrouds are better than Fake IDs.
15. But always have a stash of Fake IDs.
16. Be proficient in Huttese. Gotta know when the lever's pulled before the translator.
17. Be proficient in snark.
18. Pay your debts with service. You need cash for that WD-40.
19. Have a desk job friend in all the bureaucratic places you need.
20. You can't fight a Star Destroyer with your freighter.
21. Live to fly another day > Ram your ship.
22. Never pay for booze.
23. Leave all your valuables on your ship when on Zeltros.
24. Trust no one but your guts.
25. Hutts are high pay, high risk. It's never a milk run, no matter what they say. Law.
26. Ask for more than you need, so you can get what you need. Negotiating 101.
27. If you can't fix it by yourself, places like The Wretched Hive are your go-to. Flashy service shops ain't your thing.
28. Practical > Pretty. Again.
29. Probably not a good idea to smuggle Jedi in Sith Space but you need cash for that WD-40.
30. Your Ship > Your Significant Other? Wrong. Your Ship = Your Significant Other.
31. Your Ship, Your Rules. Unless it's the customs.
32. Always store fake cargo containers with metal junk in them. Most pirates don't chase the mule when the loot's been spaced.
33. Leave the big spooky ship alone. Seriously.
Edited by Zef Halo, 28 March 2018 - 05:10 AM.