OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a new and interesting suit of body armor to sell to desperate Force Users across the galaxy, and to create a defensive counter to the offensive use of Ysalamiri.
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: Force Light (Wall / Beam / Sever)
Primary Source: Witchbane Shields (Bracers and Shin Guards)
Manufacturer: House Larraq Plate and Blade
Model: B'jetii T'ad Pel'gam be te Dar'ysalamiri "Jedi's Second Skin of the Anti-Ysalamiri"
Affiliation: Closed Market
- Jal Shey Enchanted Fabric
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel with Rune Engravings
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Chainmail
- Jal Shey Enchanted Hra'nadetr Jair'Galaar Leather
Classification: Body Armor
Weight: Very Light
Resistances: Metal Plates / Chainmail / Leather
- Blasters: Very High / Very High / High
- Kinetic (Piercing): Very High / Very High / High
- Kinetic (Bludgeoning): Very High / Average / Low
- Lightsabers: Very High / Very High / Average
- Other: Very Good protection against Force attacks (if you can block them)
- Other: Very Good protection against Nullification Fields
- Jal Shey Enchanted Fabric under suit with Fight-Sight effect
- Jal Shey Enchanted Hra'nadetr Jair'Galaar Leather with Wall of Light effect
- Jal Shey Enchanted Hra'nadetr Jair'Galaar Leather Boots with Touch of the Kiin'Dray effect
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Plate Bracers and Grieves with Counterspell Rune Engravings
- Imbued Mandalorian Steel Chainmail 'shirt'
- Good reflex augmentation
- Wrist and Shin Plating can 'reflect' force attacks
- Allows the wearer to 'walk on walls' (but man is it murder on the ankles and calves)
- Protects wearer from being effected by Ysalamiri (or void stone) Force Nullification fields
- Metal Plating only protects forearms and shins
- Chainmail only protects torso and upper arms
- Upper legs and pelvic area has weakest protection
- No helmet
Made for and in collaboration with an unspecified Jedi Order (who were willing to share trinkets, artifacts, and expertise in exchange for these suits of body armor), Second Skin of the Anti-Ysalamiri is a Jal Shey Enchanted suit of leather body armor that, among a few other tricks, achieves a single, highly sought after effect. It protects the wearer from the effects of a Ysalamiri's Force Nullification field.
To achieve this goal, the leather is imbued with energy from the light side of the force to produce the effect of the light side ability known as "Wall of Light". This enchantment envelops the wearer in a thin (but strong) barrier of light sided energy that extends just a few millimeters above the wearer and their equipment. While the ability was originally cultivated to protect against and sometimes quarantine the effects of the dark side of the Force, Wall of Light has also been used to great effect to quarantine dark sided individuals from the force entirely, and is the bases behind the ability known as Several Force. While this suit's light side barrier is not intended to isolate the wearer from the force, nor to provide a barrier against the mystical sorceries of the dark side, it is still intended to provide a unique means of protection from an entirely different sort of mystical effect.
Ysalamiri, once a minor oddity among all the Galaxy's creatures, have become a widely known phenomenon thanks to the utter and complete weaponization of the species by numerous Mandalorian Warlords. As exposure to these creatures becomes more common, and as Mandalorian war cults engage in greater and greater acts of savagery at the side of their current Sith allies, the desire to protect oneself from the unique and crippling effects of these creatures has become an issue of upmost importance to light sided adepts across the galaxy. Many an individual, Knight to Master, has devoted themselves to researching the Ysalamiri phenomenon. Attempts had been made to produce alchemized cloaks that mimic the effects of Ysalamiri, and had failed utterly. Extensive research had been undertaken to study the bodies and neurological systems of the Ysalamiri, but produced not even a hint of a clue as to why the creatures could produce the effect that they did. In the end, the prevailing theory was that the field produced by Ysalamiri was, in and of itself, simply a unique manifestation of the force. Attempts had been made to mimic these unique abilities through meditation and talismans alike, but similarly failed to produce results.
With this knowledge in mind, this suits were made in an attempt to thwart the threat of Ysalamiri in an entirely different manner. Quarantine. The light sided barrier produced by this suit of leather armor serves one simple, singular purpose. It blocks the spread of a Ysalamiri field and prevents the wearer from suffering the effects of Force Nullification.
While this barrier does not prevent a Ysalamiri field from spreading to the rest of the natural world around the wearer and does not enable the wearer to project force senses or abilities into areas effected by a Ysalamiri field, it does serve to enable a force sensitive individual to continue producing self-effecting force abilities such as strength and speed augmentation, augmented healing, meditations, and other such abilities that only require an adept to be attuned to the force and their own body (or the personal equipment they hold).
Edited by Mishka Larraq, 07 June 2018 - 06:50 AM.