OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a suit of close combat armor for Saya Venn
- Image Source: Source
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Blith-Tech
- Affiliation: Saya Venn
- Model: MKI
- Modularity: Optics
- Material: Songsteel, Artificial Muscle Polymer
- Classification: CQC Armor
- Weight: Average
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: Low
- Lightsabers: Very High
- EMP/ION: Low
- Chemical: High
- Biological: High
- Radiological: High
- Nuclear: High
- Mobility Kit: This suit comes with a mobility kit which comes equipped with various pieces of equipment to assist with moving through urban and close quarters enviroments. This kit also includes mag boots, a grapple launcher, a freerunning kit, climbing hooks and jump jets.
- CBRN: This suit has a high resistance to various types of WMD, allowing the user to operate in almost any enviroment.
- AMP: The AMP muscle fibers give the suit great speed, agility, and strength. However, due to computing power limitations, the AMPs more advanced kinetic damage resistance features could not be implemented.
- Songsteel: It is incredibly light and resistant to energy weaponry due to its songsteel construction.
- Mobility: Instead of trying to take physical attacks head on, the armor is intended to essentially dodge them by being more hypermobile.
- CBRN Protection: Weapons of mass destruction will have limited effects on the wearer of this suit.
- Strength: This suit gives the wearer great physical strength.
- Hit and Run: Agility and speed are also enhanced by this armor to a near superhuman degree.
- Kinetic: This suit is not designed to take kinetic damage, it was designed to move so fast that it would not be a problem. However, if it were to be hit with some sort of kinetic weaponry, there would certainly be issues.
- Immobilized: Actually getting hit with a kinetic weapon could immobilize the suit if the AMP gets damaged.
- Noise: This ain't a sneaking suit. It is designed for open combat. Not sneaking around. It makes quite a bit of noise when moving around.
The MKI was commisioned from Blith-Tech by one Saya Venn in order to create a suit of power armor for use in special operations. Blith-Tech immediately got to work constructing the suit to the specified parameters and the outcome was the MKI Close Combat Armor.
The suit was designed to be hypermobile in close quarters and urban enviroments with various mobility enhancements in order to assist in moving from building to building and around tight and enclosed spaces. Enhanced strength and speed allows the wearer to get places faster than normal infantry and allows for enhanced combat effectiveness to be achieved.
The suit also has comprehensive CBRN protections in order to protect against the various types of WMDs that are used by armies on occasion, this would protect the wearer in almost all enviroments ranging from poisonous swamps to radioactive wastes.
This suit is rather loud due to the metal construction which means this is not a stealth suit and should not be used as such.